Who wins?

• Jon Jones

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Cyril Gane

Votes: 7 50.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If you're in Vegas tonight head home now for your own safety

So Dana White, Conor McGreggor and Jon Jones walk into a bar.....

Gane needs to go back to france and stay there
No ground defence whatsoever, didn't learn from the Naganou fight, stupid thing is Jones
Has even said in the media he was gonna take him to the ground.

I honestly think Jones going to HW is scary for the guys there. I feel like Jones might be the guy who enjoys hurting people the most in the cage, he's a really frightening bloke to have to fight i think. Like I've said earlier I really don't know but gun to my head if I had to make a call Jones smokes all the HWs there, and it might be easily.
Right you are my friend.

GSP never defended the MW belt though, so I'm not sure that could be the argument if JJ won today.
I just think some will still argue he needs at least one defence at both weight classes like Nunes, Cejudo and/or Cormier. In my eyes he's already the GOAT though.

Jones v Stipe is going to be an insane build up

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk
Weakest fight possible for Jones though. Blaydes/Pavlovic should be next imo

Unsure that fight even tells us anything about Jones still. All happened too quick, as impressive as that is

I was very wrong on this. Gane needs a year grappling training and come back.

Blaydes beats Jones. Ill stand by this

Unsure that fight even tells us anything about Jones still. All happened too quick, as impressive as that is

A 40 year old who hasn't fought in two years. Probably deserves another title shot with his standing in HW but

Disagree. Couple of good fights. Hardly one of the best ever.

No card is top to bottom great fights. This had a top ten fight of the decade with Rakmonav, technical not like those old "great fights" that were just guys slugging, and a top 10 womens fight of all time which was one of the biggest upsets of all time. That alone puts it among the great cards, Gamot fight was a good battle too, Bo Nikal and Jones met the hype with dominance. Had everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely scary times for HW. Weakest era with the best champ. Jones could do a Silva-esque run.

Wonder if a 225 division would be the way to go. I think this would be the natural weight class for a lot of the light heavyweight guys that are just too small to fight the monsters.

No card is top to bottom great fights. This had a top ten fight of the decade with Rakmonav, technical not like those old "great fights" that were just guys slugging, and a top 10 womens fight of all time which was one of the biggest upsets of all time. That alone puts it among the great cards, Gamot fight was a good battle too, Bo Nikal and Jones met the hype with dominance. Had everything.
Lol @ Rakhomonov being a top 10 fight. It was a good fight, one of the best ever? No way.
It was a good card not denying that, but outside the Valentina Grasso fight none of them were great.

Geezus...credit to Bones for that one.

Grasso with an awesome win in a great fight so good on her.

Miocic and DC (after a ~100lb weight cut!) to tag-team against Bones to make it interesting perhaps? Wanted to see how he'd go later in the fight given his size, but i guess there's no danger of gassing when you finish that fast.

Lol @ Rakhomonov being a top 10 fight. It was a good fight, one of the best ever? No way.
It was a good card not denying that, but outside the Valentina Grasso fight none of them were great.

Rakhmonov was an unbelievable fight, both catching each other with monster shots, staying in the pocket slipping shots for 90% of the fight, some varied striking, both coming back from adversity multiple times. Top it off with a unique finish.

The top 10 fights of the decade It's better than at least 3 fights on that list.

Is it really?

HW GOAT v GOAT

Stipe could wrestle with Jones. And I don't think Jones could KO him

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

HW GOAT v GOAT

Stipe could wrestle with Jones. And I don't think Jones could KO him
The heavyweight GOAT status is going to dissipate pretty quickly for Miocic if Jones does what a lot of us expect him to do over the next 18-24 months. Stipe is really only considered the GOAT in that division because he has more HW title defences (4) than anyone else but that's a pretty low bar in terms of total defences and that can foreseeably be broken pretty quickly if you are dealing with a talent like Jon Jones.

They've essentially booked the Jones v Miocic match for the July card, so assuming Jones wins that fight then he'll only be three wins shy of Miocic's record and still just 35 years of age which is relatively young by heavyweight champion standards. Then Jones appears to have a plethora of new opponents to face in order to get the remaining three titles defences over the next 18-24 months. I could realistically see him breaking Miocic's record in 2025 and then calling it a day at 37-38 years of age as both the HW GOAT & LHW GOAT.

Back