MMA-UFC UFC 294: Makhachev vs Volkanovski 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Walker was badly concussed, I don't think English is his first language and he was just confused what the doctor was saying lol

I don't think Walker was badly concussed, I don't think English is his first language and he was just confused what the doctor was saying lol
Apparently when he was asked where he was fight he said the dessert. Not that bad an answer really, no interpreter there either. utensil up by the doc/ref from what ive read (didnt see it)?

The outcome of the main event was not surprising. Disappointing, but not surprising.

As catpremier 07 mentioned, his presser featured some emotional responses.

Was he implying that he had been in Fury-style 'dark places' prior to taking this fight?

Doesn't seem like the kind of guy to spend his downtime on powder / booze benders.

Amazing effort by Usman given the circumstances. That 1-2 in the second was silk.

Does anybody know why he seemed perplexed by the scorecard, though? He didn't think he has won, did he?

I'm looking forward to finding out what Khamzat said at the end of his ring interview. The crowd didn't seem impressed.

Walker is worth watching every time if for no other reason than the bizarre stuff which always seems to happen in or around his fights.

When was the last time a fighter shoved a ref in the UFC? Hopefully apologies are made and everybody moves on.

The outcome of the main event was not surprising. Disappointing, but not surprising.

Was he implying that he had been in Fury-style 'dark places' prior to taking this fight?

Doesn't seem like the kind of guy to spend his downtime on powder / booze benders.

Amazing effort by Usman given the circumstances. That 1-2 in the second was silk.

Does anybody know why he seemed perplexed by the scorecard, though? He didn't think he has won, did he?

I'm looking forward to finding out what Khamzat said at the end of his ring interview. The crowd didn't seem impressed.

Walker is worth watching every time if for no other reason than the bizarre stuff which always seems to happen in or around his fights.

When was the last time a fighter shoved a ref in the UFC? Hopefully apologies are made and everybody moves on.
I don't think he was saying he gets on the drugs and stuff I think he was saying he lacked purpose in his life

I don't think he was saying he gets on the drugs and stuff I think he was saying he lacked purpose in his life

Yes, and that's why the Fury comparison seemed odd, because we know what Fury was doing during his darker period.

Volk seems like the kind of guy to enjoy family time but it sounded like he was suggesting that both he and his wife were happy when he had a reason to get out of the house / country.

The whole thing was weird and borderline concerning.

Hopefully just a matter of being emotional about the loss and a little punch drunk from the fight.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently when he was asked where he was fight he said the dessert. Not that bad an answer really, no interpreter there either. utensil up by the doc/ref from what ive read (didnt see it)?
I was trying to listen in on the replay...if the doc asked what country are we in...and I heard he answered: Uganda...oh boy...(but then he coulda said UAE, just my hearing amongst the crowd noise)

I saw heaps of people on twitter giving usman rounds 2 and 3 but i havent seen the fight. Sounded close from what ive read though?

I saw heaps of people on twitter giving usman rounds 2 and 3 but i havent seen the fight. Sounded close from what ive read though?

First round was a clear Khamzat win, I had it as a 10-8, but could have believed a 10-9.

Rounds 2 and 3 were closer and could have gone either way.

I thought Usman won Rd 2 with a sweet 1-2 which clearly hurt Khamzat, but Khamzat did end the round on top on the ground again.

Rd 3 could have gone either way, Usman better on the feet but Khamzat with a big takedown and a fair amount of control time.

There was a case for 28-28.

Yes, and that's why the Fury comparison seemed odd, because we know what Fury was doing during his darker period.

Volk seems like the kind of guy to enjoy family time but it sounded like he was suggesting that both he and his wife were happy when he had a reason to get out of the house / country.

The whole thing was weird and borderline concerning.

Hopefully just a matter of being emotional about the loss and a little punch drunk from the fight.
Yeah it's a bit strange. He keeps saying "keep me busy" but he's been super active this year already.

Volk fought in July. He had surgery. He just had a baby. How much earlier could he have come back?

Sounds like life at home with the newborn was tough and he was going insane.

Anyway, hard to see him struggling like that, hopefully he's alright and comes back better.

It is being reported that Khamzat broke his wrist in the fist round.

I assume it was when Usman threw himself forward to escape from the RNC. Watching the replay, I thought he'd done really well to get his hand down to cushion the blow to his head. Terrific performance by both guys though, Khamzat looked a class above in the grappling department, but Usman was able to make it a good fight in the last 2 rounds despite no time to be ready. I'd love to see a 5 rounder between them with both guys having a full camp.

Shattered for Volk, but I never liked the idea of him stepping in for this fight. He said all the right things leading in to the fight, but it was clear early on that he didn't look comfortable in there. He didn't seem to have an answer at all for Islam's distance control and looked slow and sluggish. I haven't caught up on his post fight interview yet, but that doesn't sound great. I'd have thought he would be on top of the world having a new baby at home. To hear he's struggling and needing another fight to distract him is a but worrying. Hopefully that whatever issues he is experiencing are easily resolvable.

Charles will strangle him dead. Dont think there's many others who get near him though, clearly the best LW. Gaethje offers zero, DP/Chandler the same.
I give Gaethje more of a chance than Charles.

Crazy event, especially watching without any breaks. Obviously not a good result for Volk and the presser was concerning, but let's not judge too much post-knockout. Super impressive from Islam. The set-up for the head kick came right from the start, with the low kicks being seriously felt. The guy is a jet and should head the division for a while now.

Amazing from Chimaev and Usman as well. I gave Khamzat the 3rd and 1st a 10-8, giving him the 29-27 win, but plenty of other scorecards make sense to me as well. Strickland better spend his summer fanatically practicising his takedown defense, because he's a mile of Khamzat's level in grappling and he knows it.

Ankalaev should've been DQ'd, regardless of Walker's responses and actions. Just stupid.

Askerov impressive again, not sure how he keeps flooring guys with innocuous jabs. Mokaev and Naimov the other big winners of the night, while a good start for Shara Magomedov.

I give Gaethje more of a chance than Charles.

Crazy event, especially watching without any breaks. Obviously not a good result for Volk and the presser was concerning, but let's not judge too much post-knockout. Super impressive from Islam. The set-up for the head kick came right from the start, with the low kicks being seriously felt. The guy is a jet and should head the division for a while now.

Amazing from Chimaev and Usman as well. I gave Khamzat the 3rd and 1st a 10-8, giving him the 29-27 win, but plenty of other scorecards make sense to me as well. Strickland better spend his summer fanatically practicising his takedown defense, because he's a mile of Khamzat's level in grappling and he knows it.

Ankalaev should've been DQ'd, regardless of Walker's responses and actions. Just stupid.

Askerov impressive again, not sure how he keeps flooring guys with innocuous jabs. Mokaev and Naimov the other big winners of the night, while a good start for Shara Magomedov.
Gaethje will just get taken down and mauled. Charles has more finishing upside

I dont necessarily think he'll win hes just my fav LW, probably ever. I do think hes the most chance of anyone to win though

Classy from Khazmat.
Are you talking about his speech in regards to the conflicts and wars going on?

All the fighters that commented on the war only mentioned Palestine. People die on both sides but you can't pity a Jewish child being killed it seems.

I guess the event location doesn't favour mentioning Israel.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back