Ugly crowd scenes at Patersons Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 3, 2002
In a good place
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NBA Winning Machines/Dallas Cowboys
Not a go at West Coast, the article clearly states both lots of fans were at fault. But there seem to be massive problems

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/ugly-crowd-scenes-at-patersons-stadium/story-e6frg12c-1226458280266

the one thing which will be interesting,is if hawks beat west coast on Friday, how volatile will the first ever finals derby be the week after between Freo and West coast?

Correct me if Im wrong, but would this be the first ever 50-50 fan allocated AFL game between the two WA based clubs at in Subiaco's history(not including meaningless NAB Games) ?

Pretty disguisting behaviour from the Pies cheersquad.

And then again, at the Hawks v Swans game, a Hawks fan was swearing non-stop in the vicinity of a lot of kids. Nearly told him to shut up, but like it says in the story, you don't want to provoke them.

The Freo crowd certainly get passionate. But I've never felt very much hate or negativity around the ground. Except when playing West Coast.

The Freo crowd certainly get passionate. But I've never felt very much hate or negativity around the ground. Except when playing West Coast.

Stabbed with a knitting needle?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So let me get this straight.... Pies supporter gets thrown out of Pattersons for appalling behaviour, so we get a news article and yet another thread on the mean eagles crowd? I'm confused. Sounds to me like Perth Now is managing to extend their reputation for journalism at it's worst.

We need to rid the Ms Goldsmith types from our game - they are not wanted especially their bad language in front of children. They give the Collingwood supporters a bad name.

Anyone watch the Richmond game on tele Friday night? After a non umpiring decision they put the cameras on a guy in the crowd clearly abusing and flicking the bird over and over. Was a similar one last weekend as well. The cameras shouldn't go to the fans when they are acting like that.

As unfortunate as it is. I just don't think it's a good place for kids if you don't want them to hear swearing or abuse. I don't know what they could do to cut out it.

If only that article had some sort of statistic to prove their point.

A Patersons Stadium spokesman said he would not have eviction numbers from the game until tomorrow, but this season evictions from the ground were down almost 20 per cent on last year.

Oh.

What an incredibly pointless article. Sounds exactly like most games I've been to in Perth and Melbourne. Haven't been to a game in Adelaide but I suspect it's not much different. And bringing up the racism stuff from last year against Naitanui?

Journalism is the real loser here.

Season evictions down 20 percent, good work from the Subi crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back