Umpiring

Are they?

• Yes

Votes: 47 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • They will until this group has officially been broken, Hardwick aint Coach and Gale isn't CEO

Votes: 31 33.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Replying to my own post, but would love to see a breakdown of...

• How many of our free kicks were near defensive half-back (where they do bugger all for us)
  • How many of our free kicks were in junk time when a game is done (I see you 3 free kicks to 3-quarter time against Fremantle I think last year?)
  • How many of our free kicks against resulted in goals (How about a 75 metre penalty to go with your dodgy free kick, De Koning?)

That latter one, I reckon we'd top the league by a country mile in the last 8 years.
If I didn't have to have a job I would go through every game freeze frame style and note down all the frees that should have been paid but weren't, which ones were bogus etc

Imagine being a Tiger player and having a negative mindset all game because you are walking on egg shells because of the umpiring?
Egg-zackly...forget about playing with flair and confidence...and taking the footy game on!
After 8 years of negative free kicks you'd be more concerned with not doing the wrong thing...hesitant, confused, inhibited...
As a playa u'd be focused constantly on the negatives...

I’ll never forget an ump telling one of our blokes they can’t go on the mark ‘because it’s too late now’ when a player had marked the ball inside 50. Think it was last year against Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Need to ask these clueless idiots, how come say Brisbane gives a way 25 frees to StK the week before playing Richmond, gives away 11 frees playing Richmond and then gives away 23 the following week to NM.

Did Brisbane make a collective agreement to be very disciplined against Richmond and then throw that agreement out the window the next week.

These idiots and the media are not getting this cause its almost every club that has this cycle when they play us.

has anyone ever met a modern day umpire?
Craig Fleer was a customer of mine for a few years. He's an electrician. Quiet bloke, keeps to himself. Never gave him shit cause he gave us those bullshit frees at the start of the 2020 GF :D

“There was always talk of Hardwick’s game style being conducive to giving away free kicks, but that has gone out the window with Gold Coast sitting +22 in 2024, against Yze’s Tigers ranked 18th in the metric at -49.

Tim Taranto’s personal free kick count was in the positive over his time at the Giants, but he went at -10 in his first year at Richmond.

“It is certainly interesting how each round the opposing club miraculously gives away significantly less free kicks against Richmond than they average against the rest of the competition.”

That is where this goes from conspiracy to analytics. When you have clear and clean numbers to back up your conspiracy theory, maybe it isn't just a theory any more.

Back