Movie Underrated Movies

Remove this Banner Ad

Always liked Sneakers, another forgotten one I caught on TV the other day was The Arrival with Charlie Sheen. 90s alien invasion movie that is by no means great but I had forgotten that it didn't actually suck either and its easily as solid as similar movies that probably had ten times the budget.

Started watching Raw Deal (1986) late last night on TV, but had to crash before getting even half way thru.

Am d/l it now to watch properly, but I must say, from what I saw, this is a most forgotten underrated Arnold Schwarzenegger movie. His acting was pretty good, had actual lines and emotion to perform, and he pulled it off. Some of the interactions his character was having with other characters also unlike anything I've seen Arnie do before.

Highly recommended movie....even if I've only seen a third of it, I can already guarantee it's a top movie.

I would classify it as an interesting failure. It's different to most of Schwarzenegger's later career but ultimately doesn't deliver. Its does have its moments and being made in the 80s helps greatly.

I'm sure the scriptwriter was taking the piss with Arnie when he gave him the line, 'He molstered, murdered and mutilated her.' His costume and guns in the finale look awfully similar to another film he did a couple of years before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One that got absolutely smashed by critics that I enjoyed is War, Inc. It was a political satire based in the middle east where armies were privatised. It had a pretty good cast including; John Cusack, Marisa Tomei, Joan Cusack, Dan Ackroyd and Ben Kingsley.

Blades of Glory I think is under appreciated. It's one of the better 'frat pack' films IMO but is rarely talked about.

Always liked Sneakers, another forgotten one I caught on TV the other day was The Arrival with Charlie Sheen. 90s alien invasion movie that is by no means great but I had forgotten that it didn't actually suck either and its easily as solid as similar movies that probably had ten times the budget.
Yeah it's not a great movie or anything but still pretty decent and well worth a watch. I really like a lot of Sheen's early work as an actor, he really wasted his career partying and doing crap like 2 and a half men to get a lazy income.

Trying to include ones that haven't been mentioned:

The Love Bug (1968) (Based on its imdb rating. WTF?)
Breakdown (1997)
Duel (1972) - (Rated but should be talked about more)
Dark Star (1974)
John Carpenter's Vampires (1998) (released around the same time as Blade and was just as good but never made the same money)

1971's The Abominable Dr Phibes deserves to be more of a cult classic than it has come to be. Vincent Price as the mad doctor/concert organist who seeks revenge on the medical staff who performed a botched surgery on his wife which left her dead by killing each of them in a method inspired by one of the ten plagues of Egypt - one of the most wonderfully inspired B-film plots I've ever heard.

How it's not been seen or appreciated by more is beyond me.

Keith Moon apparently watched this film at home just before his death.

sidekicks 1994 movie starring jonothan brandis, who passed away 17 years ago. Forgot why I thought of this random movie. But scoping out when cobra kai season 3 is going to be released led me to think about this.

Cool story bro.

Incident in a Ghostland

Drop Dead Gorgeous - A 1999 black comedy that starred Kirsten Dunst, Denise Richards, Ellen Barkin, Kirstie Alley, Allison Janney, Amy Adams (then a total unknown) and the late Brittany Murphy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back