Review Unders Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Carmo

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 15, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Since we all think that the scully and scrimshaw deals are BS, lets have a thread to keep track of how well they go and whether it turns out to be unders or not.

Also, imagine if, after shiel joins essendon, crows got francis for a fourth rounder...im sure it would be ticked off by the afl and not discussed at all in the media. #salarydump

Since we all think that the scully and scrimshaw deals are BS, lets have a thread to keep track of how well they go and whether it turns out to be unders or not.
“We all” ?

Did you think the same when the Hawks got former pick 3 O’Rourke?

And Scully is a 28 year old (next season) with the solitary elite trait of two way running - and a dodgy ankle to go with it. His 3 year contract practically had negative value. I would not have taken him to Adelaide on that deal.

Tin foil hat etc

:p

Dpm1hrFU4AA8Y3u.jpg

My issue is with the AFL. They tick all of these deals off. Which means they knew exactly what GWS were doing. The AFL knew for some time that by the end of this season, GWS would need to dump $2m or whatever it is from their cap.

Of course this would result in high quality players going to Victorian clubs for huge unders. That undermines the entire equalisation system.

I can’t believe there is not more outrage about what’s gone on here.

My issue is with the AFL. They tick all of these deals off. Which means they knew exactly what GWS were doing. The AFL knew for some time that by the end of this season, GWS would need to dump $2m or whatever it is from their cap.

Of course this would result in high quality players going to Victorian clubs for huge unders. That undermines the entire equalisation system.

Yep, agree, i was nearly going to start another thread called "overs watch" to be about salary caps.

“We all” ?

Did you think the same when the Hawks got former pick 3 O’Rourke?

And Scully is a 28 year old (next season) with the solitary elite trait of two way running - and a dodgy ankle to go with it. His 3 year contract practically had negative value. I would not have taken him to Adelaide on that deal.

Tin foil hat etc

Well that is kinda the point of this thread...if you think the price was under, say what you reckon is right and why (what service will the recipient clubs get from said players). Same for if you think the price is right (or even too high ).

Why should there be? The AFL allowed GWS to have as good of a shot as possible at getting a flag. If anything they should be applauded for growing up and allowing clubs much more freedom to do what they believe will get them success.

Now hopefully they stop the punishment for tanking/resting players, and stop trying to help s**t teams get out of the hole they've dug themselves into.

Why should there be? The AFL allowed GWS to have as good of a shot as possible at getting a flag. If anything they should be applauded for growing up and allowing clubs much more freedom to do what they believe will get them success.

Now hopefully they stop the punishment for tanking/resting players, and stop trying to help s**t teams get out of the hole they've dug themselves into.

Because it results in “some” clubs getting A grade talent for massive unders. It has big impacts on the equalisation system that they set up.

At first glance, I thought this thread read 'Undies Watch'. Started to suddenly feel uncomfortable about being here. All good now. :rainbow:

Because it results in “some” clubs getting A grade talent for massive unders. It has big impacts on the equalisation system that they set up.

and? GWS knew the risks, nor would I call that Scully trade massive unders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said, my issue is with the AFL. Its all the other clubs who don't get A grade talent for nothing that are affected.

Then there is no issue. If those clubs wanted them they should be willing to pay more, and offer better conditions so they could get them for nothing collateral wise.

Likewise if GWS want to stockpile and potentially risk going over the cap in the future to maximise their chances of success now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back