Unpopular AFL Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

It's because you know deep down it's true.

It was fact we pissed them of during covid. You know that. It was fact that they changed the stand rule because of us. And it's fact we were laughed at prior to 2017

And the dismissive nature that this free kick fiasco has been met with by oppo fans like you just shows that my point is right .

We are so hated that even when there is clear bs against us you get oppo losers crying trying to deny it.

The fact that my post which was originally posted as a thread on the main board but moved to this thread instead shows that the rest of the afl and it's fans don't take it seriously. They are happy with clear corruption because it's their hated club that is getting kicked.

Any other team or sport that has a club with this big of a free kick differential there would be investigations , but for us it's oh it's nothing , oh it's your fault you're too rough.

You'd be pissed if it was your club.
1715694686257.gif

Aboriginal name changes are a good idea but commentators please just say the teams name still.

If the AFL and clubs were serious about indigenous round or inclusiveness in general.... they should make the team name changes permanent. It feels like a publicity stunt otherwise.

Its used in the scoreline advertisments and lineups so its giving recognition but its just over the top commentators trying to say it during commentary of the match and its confusing to listen to.

The whole point is to normalise the use of indigenous language in everyday life though, to foster greater respect and understanding for their culture.

You say it’s confusing, do we think that lowly of our community that we won’t be able remember 18 new words?

Games from the era where interchange exploded up until the cap was introduced (2009-2013) and then tightened further (2009-2016) hold up incredibly well and it was never at any point fan driven to get an interchange cap in.

Returning to unlimited interchange would make the game better to watch and allow coaches and their staff to concentrate their energy onto more important things than an arbitrary number.

Games from the era where interchange exploded up until the cap was introduced (2009-2013) and then tightened further (2009-2016) hold up incredibly well and it was never at any point fan driven to get an interchange cap in.

Returning to unlimited interchange would make the game better to watch and allow coaches and their staff to concentrate their energy onto more important things than an arbitrary number.
Totally disagree. In my opinion the game should go back to 2 subs only. Interchange has changed the game from a contested ball game to a running, possession game.

Yes, I'm an old man, but I'm right. :)

Totally disagree. In my opinion the game should go back to 2 subs only. Interchange has changed the game from a contested ball game to a running, possession game.

I would go with a few more than that, but subs only makes sense to me. Subs and interchange combined is just a mess.

I would probably have two more on the bench than available subs, and reset subs each quarter. That allows the sub to do what it was supposed to do, give cover for injury without disadvantaging a team.
Trying to combine interchange and sub is the worst possible.

I have seen polls 96% in favour of bringing back State of Origin... what some people forget is that the reason why it is so popular in NRL is because of the passion for their state... if you ask many Broncos fans if they'd rather a Premiership or a SOO win you'd be surprised how many would answer the SOO. For AFL it's a chance to have a faux "All Star" game and that's about it. Only chance of it being successful would be to go back to Vic vs SA, no one can get passionate about an "Allies" team.

It's because you know deep down it's true.

It was fact we pissed them of during covid. You know that. It was fact that they changed the stand rule because of us. And it's fact we were laughed at prior to 2017

And the dismissive nature that this free kick fiasco has been met with by oppo fans like you just shows that my point is right .

We are so hated that even when there is clear bs against us you get oppo losers crying trying to deny it.

The fact that my post which was originally posted as a thread on the main board but moved to this thread instead shows that the rest of the afl and it's fans don't take it seriously. They are happy with clear corruption because it's their hated club that is getting kicked.

Any other team or sport that has a club with this big of a free kick differential there would be investigations , but for us it's oh it's nothing , oh it's your fault you're too rough.

You'd be pissed if it was your club.
100% chance you are an adult cheer squad member with a players number on the back of your jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Definitely one of the more unpopular opinions I have is that I believe the quarters should be shortened.
I could get behind shorter games, if it results in more games at a higher frequency (like the the COVID season).

But in no way should they shorten the games/seasons without giving something to fans in return

I could get behind shorter games, if it results in more games at a higher frequency (like the the COVID season).

But in no way should they shorten the games/seasons without giving something to fans in return
What came of that though was some of the worst quality football we've seen.

It made sense (and nobody really cared) because we were all locked up inside with nothing to do...but I doubt consistent, poor quality games on a Tuesday night is going to be of much interest now that order has been restored in the world.

It made sense (and nobody really cared) because we were all locked up inside with nothing to do...but I doubt consistent, poor quality games on a Tuesday night is going to be of much interest now that order has been restored in the world.
I can’t remember it being terrible. But it means there will be more double up which results in a more even fixture. Can’t see the players been keen on it though.

It just can’t be a reduced product. It’s so anti consumer

The whole point is to normalise the use of indigenous language in everyday life though, to foster greater respect and understanding for their culture.

You say it’s confusing, do we think that lowly of our community that we won’t be able remember 18 new words?
Some commentators struggle to remember 18 players. Don't want to make it any harder for them.

AFLW should use a round ball (like Gaelic), the skills currently aren't good enough with the oval ball (too much variation)

I personally don’t think having a game on every night would improve our experience.

Having to wait builds anticipate for the Thursday/Friday night fixture

I agree with you, reckon Rugby League gets this one right, sure have 4 or 5 on the bench, but give them 20 interchanges for a game.

Will see an increase in the importance of Key forwards (and by default key backs), as Mids can no longer run the entire game.

if the AFL allow carlton to wear home jumper against essendon, richmond and collingwood with white shorts.
And allow essendon to wear home with white shorts against collingwood, carlton and richmond.
And allow Richmond to wear home with white shorts against collingwood, carlton and essendon.

Then they should allow SUNS to wear red jumper with white shorts against brisbanes maroooooon
Whoa. I know this is a thread for unpopular opinions - but you've just gone too far! Expect some fierce backlash!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back