Opinion Unpopular opinion about your own club

Remove this Banner Ad

Wargreymon90

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Share an opinion about your own club which is unpopular amongst your own supporter base and the media.

I’ll start:

This is very unpopular. But I think we should replace our current gurnsey (which is boring ) with a version of the prison pars which incorporates aspects of our power history. Ie. black gurnsey, silver bars with teal trim.

Share an opinion about your own club which is unpopular amongst your own supporter base and the media.

I’ll start:

This is very unpopular. But I think we should replace our current gurnsey (which is boring ) with a version of the prison pars which incorporates aspects of our power history. Ie. black gurnsey, silver bars with teal trim.
Seems the obvious solution to the prison bar issues but here we are still arguing about it

Our fans claim to have the mentality " we dont care what people think" Yet when the media slags us off we buy into it and eat our own.
Yep - Collingwood supporters have a serious persecution complex.

My Melbourne opinion - Goodwin is a muppet who can't coach and is a cancer on the club with his off field behaviour. The premiership was won by Darren Burgess and Choco Williams.

All of the opinions about WC are spot on.

You know that scene in 8 mile where Rabbit is in the final rap battle and uses all of the insults he knows Papa Doc will use against him? This kinda feels like that.

We know everything you're gonna say about me,
We are weak, we are f*kn bums,
Yeh we do have an injury list as big as your mum,
My boy Nissy is all about the ego,
Byebye Kofoed coz we got too many o-ohs,
NicNat did get that cash without having no dash,
All our senior players didn't make a splash,
And Freo did beat us yo, but we're still here saying 'F* your heave-ho'
Don't every try to judge me dude you don't know what our champagne football can do!

Chris Scott is great manager of men, but not a great tactician or game day coach

The away grand final win now has lost a bit of shine and has resulted in the supporters being happy we got the flag but also taken the passion out of the crowd and fans that we had while building in 2018. Having had the win, now when you go to games there's really not a huge amount of rabid support that was coming through five years ago, (especially in the EL and SF games in 2018) and weirdly at the same time I don't think the fans have had a real cathartic release from the 2007-2014 times.

The away grand final win now has lost a bit of shine and has resulted in the supporters being happy we got the flag but also taken the passion out of the crowd and fans that we had while building in 2018. Having had the win, now when you go to games there's really not a huge amount of rabid support that was coming through five years ago, (especially in the EL and SF games in 2018) and weirdly at the same time I don't think the fans have had a real cathartic release from the 2007-2014 times.

It's what I always argue with people of when is the best time to be a supporter. Winning 2008 was just incredible, especially coming back from rock bottom (2004) and further back, when we were gonna merge 12 years before it and not exist. Don't get me wrong, the threepeat was a great time, but it didn't match 08 for pure pleasure for me and for most supporters if they were fair dinkum.

Much better when your team becomes the hunter, rather than the hunted.

Last edited:

I’ll start:

How about my Tigers allow the Port Adelaide Power to wear their original prison bar guernsey against us everytime we meet, even if it be at the M.C.G.

Why wouldn't other teams do the same?

To have a four time, yes four time flag winning coach still lurking around The Club is a ******* disgrace, what an unfortunate thing to say. To have dodoro, his right hand man there as well is ******* pathetic as well.

I was gonna say this but you beat me to it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep - Collingwood supporters have a serious persecution complex.

My Melbourne opinion - Goodwin is a muppet who can't coach and is a cancer on the club with his off field behaviour. The premiership was won by Darren Burgess and Choco Williams.
Yeah a good coach would have won multiple flags with the Dees list by now

Matthew Pavlich wasn't really desperate enough. If he had the killer instinct we could have won more games.

Give it a good snow season…

We live in the past too much and celebrate our past stars way too much. Move on
As a Carlton supporter whose childhood was based in this millennium, I have a similar sentiment regarding premierships.

My most cherished finals memory is Nick Duigan kicking a bag and knocking out Richmond from 9th place.

We've essentially done SFA in the past two decades, and find it pretty cringe when Carlton fans have a go at 'lesser' clubs who have actually gotten to prelims, Grand Finals and won them in that timeframe.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back