Opinion Unpopular opinion about your own club

Remove this Banner Ad

Damien Hardwick is the worst 3-time premiership coach in VFL/AFL history.

An inept tactician, reactive in the box, no plan B if the game’s not being played on Richmond’s terms. Battled mightily whenever not surrounded by elite assistant coaches.

And no it’s no sour grapes due to him leaving. I have unwaveringly bagged him since 2010.

Damien Hardwick is the worst 3-time premiership coach in VFL/AFL history.

An inept tactician, reactive in the box, no plan B if the game’s not being played on Richmond’s terms. Battled mightily whenever not surrounded by elite assistant coaches.

And no it’s no sour grapes due to him leaving. I have unwaveringly bagged him since 2010.
What coach has a plan b that is noticeable to fans? Most of the coaching is done in the week, with players told different scenarios. Game day is probably more motivational and reminder of the plan. That said, I don't think us as fans can ever see the moves that coaches pull in game?

Are you chasing more Adam Hunter to the forward line?

Jy Simpkin is a vanilla player and captain

I was pretty keen to see Hawkins retire at the end of last year and I think he has to at the end of this year, to help the progression of the club and hopefully have us contending again by the end of the decade.

Geelong could be a contender this year, from what we've seen but I see absolutely no way that we'll be contending with the experience that will be leaving at the end of this season, Hawkins or no Hawkins. We'll be far better off giving our next key forward a couple of years (hopefully) with Cameron and O. Henry, before it's time for Jezza to hang them up.

Huge call. Even just to a club needing that threat around the ground/goals.

You'd think he's worth a decent draft haul
For me it was about the fact that if we have some bad times ahead and that he is not the type of player that has worked hard and grinded in the last couple of years. He is a cream player and not one who is reliable to put the team on his back and drag the team over the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They changes our song lyrics from "We're the mighty Adelaide Crows" to "and we're known as the Adelaide Crows" for no good reason, and it stinks, and I hate it, and the club has been on a downward spiral since this insipid change and NO ONE SEEMS TO SEE THE CORRELATION!

They changes our song lyrics from "We're the mighty Adelaide Crows" to "and we're known as the Adelaide Crows" for no good reason, and it stinks, and I hate it, and the club has been on a downward spiral since this insipid change and NO ONE SEEMS TO SEE THE CORRELATION!
it sounds a bit diluted

I was at a game with my friend who's a crows supporter, I really like your song and was so pissed when I heard it was changed

Are you sure you haven't got cause and effect backwards?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back