Opinion Unpopular opinion about your own club

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot of Freo's identity is built around us still chasing our first flag, Most Freo fans wont know what to do when/if we win one.

Also, it was a tragedy that South and East Fremantle couldn't put aside their ego's when we were formed because we should be called the Sharks which would have stopped all those silly anchor jokes i got constantly at school.

Matt Crouch has to go.

In my opinion, the Crows cannot be successful with both Laird and Crouch in the midfield. Sure, they both get a tonne of ball, but they are both slow AF runners and terrible users of the ball by foot - especially, when kicking inside 50.

The music the Gabba PA's play after lions goals are so unnecessary. I don't need to hear bandwagoners sing country roads after a Charlie Cameron goal or a kids song after a Joe Daniher goal.

The music the Gabba PA's play after lions goals are so unnecessary. I don't need to hear bandwagoners sing country roads after a Charlie Cameron goal or a kids song after a Joe Daniher goal.

Thankfully I wasn't there, but the club had the bright idea to play Irish music at one of the home games this year.

Good to see they're focusing on the important stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of Freo's identity is built around us still chasing our first flag, Most Freo fans wont know what to do when/if we win one.

Also, it was a tragedy that South and East Fremantle couldn't put aside their ego's when we were formed because we should be called the Sharks which would have stopped all those silly anchor jokes i got constantly at school.
A straight up merger of Souths and Easts would’ve made a heap of sense, but probably was never possible.

Thankfully I wasn't there, but the club had the bright idea to play Irish music at one of the home games this year.

Good to see they're focusing on the important stuff.

The first time I went to a game at KP, I was at the lowest point of my entire life and genuinely questioning whether I even wanted to bother trying anymore. I was miserable from the instant I woke up until the moment I went to sleep, and carried a knot in my stomach 24/7.

Seeing a brass band of all things playing a jazzed up version of the Geelong footy club song while I watched a team I’ve adored since I was 5 win a game on their home ground is a memory I will have in my brain when I do breath my last (assuming I get fair warning) and something that just for a night, made me happy again.

I get why people hate gimmicky stuff and the ‘entertainment’ element of a footy game but never underestimate what the event itself and all the trimmings mean to the other people watching.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back