Unpopular Carlton Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

I can see the benefits of using him up forward, but I still like him better as a defender.

Although the backline is looking very settled and functioning without him. I just hope we don't stunt his development moving him around. I'd prefer him to be a gun at one position rather than a good swingman. Swingmen always sound good in theory but very very rarely end up a great player at one spot.

The only one I can think of is Pavlich, who was great everywhere he played.

Weits spent his entire junior career killing it at CHF.

He only played DEF at under 18 level - I suspect many posters like him there because they haven't really seen him play anywhere else.

Last year we swung him forward when he got injured during a game - he kicked 2 goals in 5 minutes from reading the ball flight better than the defenders.

In R1 he kicked 3 goals on the best defender in the league- Rance.

We are desperate for FWD's - leave him there!!!!!!!

If Casboult can keep up his current form and possibly get 25 goals this year (and ruck) he'll get us a second round pick from a team that thinks its in the window. I think someone like Melb or the Pies would be keen. It's Hogan or bust at the Dees, Wiederman cant get near it. At the Pies Jessie white is Jessie white.

I hope we keep playing him.

If Casboult can keep up his current form and possibly get 25 goals this year (and ruck) he'll get us a second round pick from a team that thinks its in the window. I think someone like Melb or the Pies would be keen. It's Hogan or bust at the Dees, Wiederman cant get near it. At the Pies Jessie white is Jessie white.

I hope we keep playing him.
Not unpopular IMO but yes many posters don't rate Casboult. Maybe because of that they would be delighted to move Casboult on and also get FA compo.

I agree with your post. I also think Fremantle makes sense too with Sandilands one out and McCarthy needing support.

However, it would put pressure on our poor ruck stocks if say Kreuzer was to also leave as a FA. Gorringe IMO is in line for delisting, Korcheck is not setting the world on fire and McKay is too raw and is more a forward.

Still confuses me that we want players to become useful .... so we can trade them to someone else.

If they are doing the job we need them to, why would we want to get rid of them?

Still confuses me that we want players to become useful .... so we can trade them to someone else.

If they are doing the job we need them to, why would we want to get rid of them?

I don't really, I just don't reckon our club rates him.

Nothing would make me happier than Levi to keep playing at this level (or higher) kick 25-35 goals and be considered vital. I just think he'll always be considered a fringe player, his contract status reflects this.

We should only recruit players based how their names will sound when BT calls them.

On SM-N920I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don't know about you katman but Geelong's Wylie Buzza has to be the coolest name going around.

BT..you flog, good luck with Esava Ratugolea..... " Woweeee take a look at Esaaavaaa Ratsomething deliver it lace out to Tommmmy Hawkins!"

I don't really, I just don't reckon our club rates him.

Nothing would make me happier than Levi to keep playing at this level (or higher) kick 25-35 goals and be considered vital. I just think he'll always be considered a fringe player, his contract status reflects this.
Not you specifically, plenty of calls last year hoping he could do enough to get traded to someone else. Club has invested plenty in him and there have been precious few alternative options for the last 5-7 years. Only given a short term contract which was fair enough given his output and the lack of clarity about who we would be building the forward line around. Plenty of options now, none of them were proven at the time he resigned.

I have repeatedly predicted he will become better once he is part of a functioning forward line, rather than our only marking target. Saw a bit of that on the weekend. SOS now demands his opponent respect him and Wright will do damage if let off the leash. Need Charlie and Pickett to keep getting into dangerous positions. Weitering already demands a good defender. Got the makings of a dangerous forward line, need a few more games together and we will see how capable it is.

It is mainly the midfield that will now hold them back with poor delivery. Forwards seem to be making more space and timing their runs a bit better, we still can't hit a leading player on the chest from 20 metres, let alone 45 or more.

I think in Levi's case, if we can get value (trade or FA compo) we take it.

All going well, he would get pushed out in 2018.

I think in Levi's case, if we can get value (trade or FA compo) we take it.

All going well, he would get pushed out in 2018.
Who on our list will push him out by the start of next season?

Most likely option is McKay and he hasn't played a game yet.

Phillips and Kreuzer are not forwards. Better to carry a part time ruck for 10% of game time than a tall forward who cannot mark for 75% of game time. Neither have shown me anything that makes me believe they are going to score other than from a mismatch created when drifting forward of the play.

Who on our list will push him out by the start of next season?

Most likely option is McKay and he hasn't played a game yet.

Phillips and Kreuzer are not forwards. Better to carry a part time ruck for 10% of game time than a tall forward who cannot mark for 75% of game time. Neither have shown me anything that makes me believe they are going to score other than from a mismatch created when drifting forward of the play.
I understand totally where you are coming from Jabba.

If he is our leading goal kicker he has to carry on the fine tradition of our leading goal kicker going to another club :)

More seriously, I think he is presenting well and shouldering the burden well.

I think our forwards are more potent this year than last, swinging Weiters forward has helped. I hope though that the forwards work even better as a unit than they have so far this year, with some leading and drawing defenders away with others getting the mismatch or one out duel for the long kick, and space out the back for our fast crumbling forwards. This of course also relies on better delivery ...

If we get to a forward line that functions like that by the end of this year, then I can see Harry replacing Casboult in the forward line next year with Charlie, Jack, Wright and Pickett, the resting ruckman or the resting rover ...

Casboult gives us value now in presenting in the forward line and giving Kreuzer a chop out in the ruck.

I have said many a time our ruck stocks are poor. But if we keep Casboult, it is in ruck terms as a back up only and I think he has 1-2 years left as a key forward for us and so I would take the draft pick now if it is on offer.

We have to fix our ruck division anyway.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The hype and pressure many Carlton fans have put on Ben Silvagni is out of control.. FFS the kid is 16 and has done nothing yet. He didnt even make the u16 Vic Metro squad and has only played a handfull of school footy games yet many here have already labeled him a lock for a top 3 pick. He is tall, has good bloodlines and that is it..

The hype and pressure many Carlton fans have put on Ben Silvagni is out of control.. FFS the kid is 16 and has done nothing yet. He didnt even make the u16 Vic Metro squad and has only played a handfull of school footy games yet many here have already labeled him a lock for a top 3 pick. He is tall, has good bloodlines and that is it..
I read a post last week that said something like "including Ben Silvagni we're set for KPP"...:cry:

upload_2017-4-20_10-19-43.png

Really?

I'd heard his sweat can cure cancer, but the world just has to wait for someone to come along who is capable of challenging him enough that he needs to break a sweat in the first place.

I heard Ben Silvagni is currently in the demilitarized conflict zone between North and South Korea negotiating a de-escalation of hostilities and nuclear threats. Definitely shows great leadership already...will go top 3 in the draft if he can pull this one off

I heard Ben Silvagni is currently in the demilitarized conflict zone between North and South Korea negotiating a de-escalation of hostilities and nuclear threats. Definitely shows great leadership already...will go top 3 in the draft if he can pull this one off

That's the official line, but he's actually over there undergoing top secret training. Not sure if you'd heard, but there's some big meteor nearby. Scientists have said it's going to miss us, but the truth is that we're relying on Ben clunking it with one hand and going a barrel to boot it back out of the atmosphere.

That's the official line, but he's actually over there undergoing top secret training. Not sure if you'd heard, but there's some big meteor nearby. Scientists have said it's going to miss us, but the truth is that we're relying on Ben clunking it with one hand and going a barrel to boot it back out of the atmosphere.
That would have to shoot him to number 1 certainly. Even Bruce Willis died trying to prevent the world from being destroyed by a meteor but I guess he isn't a Silvagni

Soooo same as Nathan Ablett and he was a premiership player wasn't he?
Ipso facto ergo therefore...
Ben Silvagni = superstar

Remove this Banner Ad

Back