Unpopular Opinions (Association Football version)

Remove this Banner Ad

If they go on to win the league you could say he was pivotal with his impact off the bench today. Didn't think city looked likely before he came on

Useful as an impact player off the bench. Not really an ideal role for a 100m player earning 350k / week. Thats his 5th assist in 50 plus games so not a bad return I guess.

He also cost them the CL tie against Real last season with poor finishing.

Useful as an impact player off the bench. Not really an ideal role for a 100m player earning 350k / week. Thats his 5th assist in 50 plus games so not a bad return I guess.

He also cost them the CL tie against Real last season with poor finishing.
Whats spent is irrelevant on each individual if they achieve the title in the end

Has never been as bad as people make out, but I think it's right that we expect more from him.

Great at keeping possession, great at drawing fouls (was the most fouled player in the league at Aston Villa, not any more) but needs that consistency and that cutting edge.

I don't really care about the stats, goals and assists are a rubbish way to judge the effectiveness of a player. But should be aiming to have an impact every time he plays.

Hopefully on the right track the past few weeks.

One of his shots was cleared off the line and the other was a great save from Courtois. Not sure how that cost them a champions league.

Don't start bringing facts into this discussion!

In the first leg Mahrez missed three good chances. Foden missed two. La Porte missed a sitter. But no, apparently Jack's two chances he created for himself and were kept out by desperate saves on the goal line cost City the CL.

Don't start bringing facts into this discussion!

In the first leg Mahrez missed three good chances. Foden missed two. La Porte missed a sitter. But no, apparently Jack's two chances he created for himself and were kept out by desperate saves on the goal line cost City the CL.
At least his shots are on target to be saved off the line. Nunez can only hit the target when the ball is halfway over the line.

Jack Grealish hasn't been bad for man city
he hasnt been but i think he has been guilty of trying too hard at times, struggled with confidence and struggled with not being the main guy. plus besides 1 season on loan has been with villa since he was 6. the fee will always follow him and really it's impossible to ever perform to it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why do most Aussie soccer supporters barrack for the same four or five EPL sides?

Grealish hasnt been great, nor has he been absolutely terrible.

But for the amount paid, you're supposed to be buying Haaland or a Salah etc... that kinda money you're expecting goals, assists, winning football matches with their own brilliance etc.

But we've seen none of that.

Reminds me of Minamino, he wasnt great, nor was he absolutely terrible. But you expected that at the 7 million price tag.

100 million, you're expecting a whole lot more.

Grealish hasnt been great, nor has he been absolutely terrible.

But for the amount paid, you're supposed to be buying Haaland or a Salah etc... that kinda money you're expecting goals, assists, winning football matches with their own brilliance etc.

But we've seen none of that.

Reminds me of Minamino, he wasnt great, nor was he absolutely terrible. But you expected that at the 7 million price tag.

100 million, you're expecting a whole lot more.
That was all good until you compared him to Minamino lol

That was all good until you compared him to Minamino lol
Cut him some slack. Only managed to crowbar two liverpool players into a discussion about Grealish.

At least his shots are on target to be saved off the line. Nunez can only hit the target when the ball is halfway over the line.
Not sure about that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back