Unpopular Port Adelaide opinion you may have

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a fan of most attempts to blend elements of BiB and PB - way too complicated, compromising two perfectly good, simple and strong designs. The huge exception being the white number panel which has never grated with me. Also no fan at all of Americanisms such as "monogram devices".

But that thing, making a virtue of simplicity, looks a hell of a lot more interesting than the "2D" version originally posted. Even the bloody monogram looks great (to me, for once lol) because simple, balanced and un-conflicted. Certainly better than, say, an SS style lightning bolt Power device there (ducks head). And yes I know money greases the wheels of every well deserved coach sacking but sponsors logos would be a travesty on something so ... "clean" overall.

Also, IMO *a hell of a lot* of local wharf pylons would have been ceremonially repainted in teal by now had we gone with something like this in 1997.

Still, some human reproductive organs at Collingwood, Norf or the bloody AFL television contrast adjustment knob bureau would still have found room to complain about clash colors with other stripey teams.

Congratulations on failing to have an "unpopular opinion" here ;)

I'd genuinely entertain the prospect of appointing Mick Malthouse senior coach.

was a great idea years ago but people here didn't want it. I'm sure he's still an upgrade on Ken

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unpopular opinion: the quintessential pessimistic Port Supporter, that was crucial to our success in our SANFL days, almost killed the club in our AFL journey and will continue to be an issue until we have achieved generational change.

^^ What he said.

Malthouse isn't senile, he just finds it hard to retain his train of thought these days. He's somehow (long past glories with WCE no doubt) got himself a gig on ABC Perth's Saturday morning sports talk program and whenever they're interviewing a player or coach or whatever Mick starts asking one question and then goes off on about eleven different tangents before finally waiting for the hapless interviewee's reply. This week Freo's CEO diplomatically answered "Well there's a few questions there, so I'll try to deal with them one at a time..."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back