Unpopular Port Adelaide opinion you may have

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with the comments about raising the scarves.

Initially it was just a countdown and video montage which is normal and cool for American sports like the NBA but at the time revolutionary for the AFL.

Was cool.

Now with the the scarves and swaying, not so much.

Boak needs to stop playing, for us to be a success.

He has failed in important moments for as long as I can remember - and football is about taking the MOMENT not the marathon.

I don't give a fu** about the US escapades, or recovery. Teach the younger players to kick goals, not OOF.
He's legit either our best or 2nd best player over the last decade and was our best player this year by far

He had some garbage moments in the prelim though you can't deny it, I think it's more a symptom of not playing finals often enough though the pressure is different even he buckles.
Yeah he had a shocker prelim but to think that he needs to go for the betterment of the team is so backwards

LOL. We had money on them to win by 10.
Yeah he had a shocker prelim but to think that he needs to go for the betterment of the team is so backwards

it’s an unpopular thread, and I acknowledge that he’s an amazing asset for most of the season. there are actions where he could have personally taken responsibility for a key moment, and has failed.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boak needs to stop playing, for us to be a success.

He has failed in important moments for as long as I can remember - and football is about taking the MOMENT not the marathon.

I don't give a fu** about the US escapades, or recovery. Teach the younger players to kick goals, not OOF.
Sees Dusty being Dusty and has a go at Boak 🙄
He was the difference last week and the same this week. You just knew Richmond was a Dusty moment from being back in the game.

Hinkley needs to stop coaching, for us to be a success.

I don't give a fu** about the coaching courses escapades, or bonding. Teach the younger players to kick goals, not OOF.

EFA

Sees Dusty being Dusty and has a go at Boak 🙄
He was the difference last week and the same this week. You just knew Richmond was a Dusty moment from being back in the game.
Nope. Dusty and Boak are different of course.

it’s an unpopular opinion thread and by poking the bear I’ve done my bit 😀.

Remind me though, which department failed most in the PF? Who is the senior/leader in that department?

Nope. Dusty and Boak are different of course.

it’s an unpopular opinion thread and by poking the bear I’ve done my bit 😀.

Remind me though, which department failed most in the PF? Who is the senior/leader in that department?

Yeah Boak is an almost superstar. He's just never quite got to that elite level for more than fleeting moments. If we went back in time and had the choice between Selwoid and Boak, I'd take Selwood, and I ******* hate Selwood.

I have always thought fondly of myself as a singer, even if many recoil at my efforts. So NTUA is my opportunity for a Command Performance. Trouble is there are some high bits of the tune I cant reach, that sully my performance. Im disappointed by this, so propose that something by Tom Waits be used instead. Even better, "I was Born under a Wand'ring Star" from Paint Your Wagon, in the mould of Lee Marvin.

If we went back in time and had the choice between Selwoid and Boak, I'd take Selwood, and I ******* hate Selwood.

If say, Robbie “nah you ducked/staged/played for it” Gray played for Geelong and Joel “HIGH, JOEL SELWOOD!” Selwood played for Port I’m sure their freakishly discrepanteric free kicks would nestle comfortably in the polar-opposite order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back