Autopsy Unswanslike performance vs Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

It proved that we are a very talented but still very young side and fumbled under pressure. Those 3 veteran players in Parker, Mills and Adams would have proven very handy I think. Losing Rampe also didn't help matters. You win or you learn.

we laugh and sneer at other club boards and their meltdowns after a loss ... and we spew this crud
another slow start cost us, and we came into the third quarter thinking we'd done enough (like last week)
unfortunately the tigers were hungrier, and we made a lot of dumb mistakes that could partly be attributed to arrogance
and yes, several players were well down
and even then, we kept coming ...
the only thing "pathetic" about this result is the torrent of garbage swamping this thread, and probably this board, now and likely through the week

From the reports I have heard he was not that great in thevreserves. Bad at two way running
18 disposals and 11 tackles in a half. Could have used that pressure today

That was so depressing today, because I am not sure what to blame for the loss.

We just weren't very good, but I don't know why the game would be any different if it was played again.

IMO we're inviting midfield pressure from the very first bounce each week with the tone we set.

Our starting centre bounce combination in every game so far has been Papley, Heeney and Warner.

What that says to me if I'm an opposition mid is that the Swans are gonna try and beat us with speed. That's just firing me up to beat the Swans with hardness.

I guess the coaching staff think Papley is a momentum player, so if he gets his hands on the ball early he'll have a good game.

Probably correct because Tom has a tendency to go missing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why I crap on about the 3 talls

Still stand by that if they want Parker forward to you can’t play the 3 and him to.

When paply is in the middle who is doing the harassing?

might be right

This is why I crap on about the 3 talls

Still stand by that if they want Parker forward to you can’t play the 3 and him to.

When paply is in the middle who is doing the harassing?
Respect your opinion on this as you have been consistent, but do you think having the three talls has to equal a lack of pressure?

I just feel like we've seen that it's a structure that can work IF the pressure is there.

Respect your opinion on this as you have been consistent, but do you think having the three talls has to equal a lack of pressure?

I just feel like we've seen that it's a structure that can work IF the pressure is there.
Yer I do because if you can’t do it you can’t do it

Lack of pace is just what it is

I seen a rok come to the end very quickly ( never fast ) but un able to put pressure on the ball carrier at all

Yer I do because if you can’t do it you can’t do it

Lack of pace is just what it is

I seen a rok come to the end very quickly ( never fast ) but un able to put pressure on the ball carrier at all
Yeah agree with that, but does a tall have to be sacrificed to add more pressure? I would rather just replace someone like Hayward with Wicks. Both ground level players but at least Wicks has some physicality to him.

Edit: Oh I see, you're talking about when Parker returns.

IMO we're inviting midfield pressure from the very first bounce each week with the tone we set.

Our starting centre bounce combination in every game so far has been Papley, Heeney and Warner.

What that says to me if I'm an opposition mid is that the Swans are gonna try and beat us with speed. That's just firing me up to beat the Swans with hardness.
We won the centre clearances today so how is the centre bounce combination the issue?

We won the centre clearances today so how is the centre bounce combination the issue?
Talking about the starting combination. It's not a group that would put fear into an opposition midfield and it sets the tone from the opening bounce as to where our priorities are - speed over hardness.

Whilst Richmond aren’t great, they did seem to have more leg speed than us.

It felt like our lack of pressure gave their quick players the space they needed.

And it was most pronounced when Richmond was rebounding out of defensive 50.

I’m no huge wrap on Wicks - but today felt like we needed him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back