PS4 Until Dawn

Remove this Banner Ad

Will give it one more playthrough but the
Wendigo storyline and realization that 3/4 of the game up until you get to that part was really meaningless and went from survival/serial killer game to 'Don't move your controller/pick up random token to effect outcome without explanation', and negates any future scares on multiple playthroughs
makes a massive difference to the ongoing enjoyment of the game IMO.

Will give it one more playthrough but the
Wendigo storyline and realization that 3/4 of the game up until you get to that part was really meaningless and went from survival/serial killer game to 'Don't move your controller/pick up random token to effect outcome without explanation', and negates any future scares on multiple playthroughs
makes a massive difference to the ongoing enjoyment of the game IMO.
Nail/head.

Completely agree, renders pretty much anything beforehand pointless. Ending was incredibly disappointing too.

Got my platinum over the weekend. Overall I did enjoy the experience though I tend to agree with the second/latter part of the game being a bit disappointing. The controls were a bit annoying at times too. Still, I thought graphically it was really impressive, I loved the cliche characters and seeing some of the butterfly effects playing out were interesting.

Seems like the game is doing quite well critically and commercially so maybe a sequel (new setting, characters etc) could be a possibility.

How did people go on their first playthroughs? I tried to keep everyone alive but ended up making decisions/mistakes that resulted in
Matt and Sam
meeting brutal ends. Kept Wolfie alive though. :D

Got my platinum over the weekend. Overall I did enjoy the experience though I tend to agree with the second/latter part of the game being a bit disappointing. The controls were a bit annoying at times too. Still, I thought graphically it was really impressive, I loved the cliche characters and seeing some of the butterfly effects playing out were interesting.

Seems like the game is doing quite well critically and commercially so maybe a sequel (new setting, characters etc) could be a possibility.

How did people go on their first playthroughs? I tried to keep everyone alive but ended up making decisions/mistakes that resulted in
Matt and Sam
meeting brutal ends. Kept Wolfie alive though. :D
Failed Sam's 'don't move' segments, or came out of hiding too soon?

Failed Sam's 'don't move' segments, or came out of hiding too soon?

Failed her don't move segment in the last chapter back at the lodge. Think I got up to the 3rd one before it got way too sensitive too movements of the controller! :p

I just put the controller down and held it.

Rubbish ending.

Haha yeah that's what I ended up doing on my second playthrough when I tried to save everyone. Also turned the rumble off on my dual shock to avoid it rattling around.

Tend to agree with the last bit of the final episode, was kind of an underwhelming way to end the game. I think the change of story in the second part of the game probably limited their options though.

Still, it was an interesting experience and hopefully will lead to further games in this style coming up in future.

Read an article over the weekend where the game was originally planned as a release for the PS3 (back in 2012 to support the Playstation Move). Back then, it was a First person POV game so it has undergone some big changes while in development. I think I read the script ended up being 10,000 pages or something?

I just think everything from the W..... reveal was poor. It felt rushed, amateurish and a very easy way out. The story was great until the big plot twist prior to finding about them.

Really pissed me off to be honest.

Yeah doing some reading on the net and seems the biggest criticism of the game for many was the second part of the story involving the plot twist.

Just got this on the weekend, I found the controls a little difficult especially with aiming.

And really disappointed I somehow managed to keep Emily alive.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did you get the option of whether Mike shoots her or not?

Yes but my husband was playing at the time and I told him to shoot her but he didn't want to :/

Yes but my husband was playing at the time and I told him to shoot her but he didn't want to :/
So annoying is she not?

Make sure she gets caught by Wendigo next time, EYE popping stuff

So annoying is she not?

Make sure she gets caught by Wendigo next time, EYE popping stuff

Haha, will do! Am going to start another play through this weekend :D

I liked Matt - of course he was the first one to die in my game as well as Josh (due to Mr Robot haha).

Of the females, Sam and surprisingly, I didn't mind Em even though she was meant to be the bitchy member of the group.

Special shout out for Wolfie.

Finished first play through last night that I've been doing with my girlfriend.
We managed to save everyone (including wolfie) :)
Haven't really looked at trophies if I go for platinum or not.

Impressive effort keeping everyone alive on your first run!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back