Up the Arse! Goons thread Part 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is pretty special:
AgjGc5pCEAAQHdm.jpg

Wenger has been saying that for years now. Would take a change in philosophy, but that change probably started in the last few days of the summer window.

Not entirely true.

Last time when top 4 was seriously threatened (08/09) Wenger broke our transfer record on Arsharvin.

With Chamakh and Gervinho going to the ACN we would be absolutely mental not to sign anyone in January, because you can bet your bottom dollar that Chelsea, Utd and possibly even Liverpool will be active.

Wenger has been saying that for years now. Would take a change in philosophy, but that change probably started in the last few days of the summer window.

yes i know its a case of believe it when we see it. but just a fortnight ago he said we wont buy anyone in january, its just a welcome change to hear him say something positive in the respect to a new striker. probability of him actually doing it though is low.

Not entirely true.

Last time when top 4 was seriously threatened (08/09) Wenger broke our transfer record on Arsharvin.

With Chamakh and Gervinho going to the ACN we would be absolutely mental not to sign anyone in January, because you can bet your bottom dollar that Chelsea, Utd and possibly even Liverpool will be active.

I think it's the relative failure of "big money" signings like Arshavin, Reyes, Rosicky etc that has made Wenger shy away from spending big. His best successes in recent years have come from his freebies and bargains.

I think it's the relative failure of "big money" signings like Arshavin, Reyes, Rosicky etc that has made Wenger shy away from spending big. His best successes in recent years have come from his freebies and bargains.

I think rosicky is somewhat excused, he's had some terrible injuries and was basically out of the game for 18 months, has ever been the same since. But yes Reyes and arshavin haven't really delivered what we were hoping for

Bit unfair to group Arshavin with Reyes & Rosicky, he has had some good moments (most notably season 08-09) and has done much more then the 2 latter players mentioned.

Wenger is pretty shy when it comes to the transfer market now though and I imagine that he will be loathe to go out and sign a big name player (there was talk of Benezema at one stage). Don't know how Arsenal fans feel but I do feel that Wenger needs to change this habit and sign a decent striker to partner RVP. Arsenal don't need any more promising youngsters they need an established striker to back up RVP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will not sign a world class striker. That would mean changing the whole formation to accomodate another striker, it just won't happen.

That's why we sign Podolski who can play in a variety of positions up forward. :thumbsu:

Yes, Podolski could work. But who do you drop, Gervinho or Theo?

Gervinho is going to the ACN so will most likely be out for the full 4-6 weeks, notwithstanding that Poldi is a better player and competition for spots is actually a good thing to have!

Have got a funny feeling we can escape with a point tomorrow at city. Will obviously need to have a lot of things go right and to me song is the key man. Needs to be strong in font of the back four and help quell the threat of their many attacking options. We've got some makeshift full backs at the moment and I'm sure city will look to take advantage. But Walcott and gervinho have been in good form and have the ability to get in behind their defense. If RvP fires it could be a close contest

cant see us keep a cleaning sheet, so to win we will need to find 2-3 goals. will need to be clinical in front of goal and take our chances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back