Up the Arse! Goons Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What a result. May have only been 1-0, but that is our best performance of the year. A huge win. Totally bossed the game.

And honestly, I know he's not scoring goals, but Gabriel Jesus is our most important player. When he's on the pitch, we honestly look like we can beat anyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

- Such an enjoyable replay to sit through. Arsenal dominant, absolutely dominant. Chelsea with one limp shot on target and hardly threatened throughout, how rare that is to experience away at a big club. So often Arsenal have been ragdolled around in these fixtures over the years. The tide has finally turned.

- On paper its 1 nil to the Arsenal, however it should've been more. Some of the 'almost' goals we see, yes it does get frustrating. However they just keep going again, the link up play, stringing together passes, the instincts of players knowing where each other are and will go, its classic "one brain" style football. All working in sync. Its brilliant to watch and * what a goal that would've been if Jesus got that header right.

- On Jesus, yes that goal drought is a growing concern. Can't really deny that as by his own admission too, he's here to score goals. The reality is though, he's been and remains an excellent signing. So many of his own chances he's actually been involved in prior, whether winning the ball back with his pressing/tackling to being involved in the build up play prior to getting into the box. He does so many things that Lacazette etc just weren't able to. He absolutely needs a goal and you can see the desperation is there. Over the course of the season though, wastefulness may cost us. For now however, Arsenal don't score as many as we have (2nd most goals in the league so far) without him. He's that important.

- Saliba, ******* hell. This bloke is something else. As Judd2Sewell mentioned, its not enough for him to just calmy spring the trap when needed to. But then he takes the piss and wins the ball back himself whilst waiting for the offside whistle. What have Arsenal got themeselves here is very evident - this guy is a generational centre half. He's 21. ******* hell. 21 years old.

- Wherever Arsenal finish this season, much depends on Partey's fitness. He's just about irreplacable. Elneny back in the squad is huge as I don't believe Lokonga is ready for that position. But Partey is a class above and if he is absent again for a long period, we are at risk of falling back to the pack. He's that good. Bossed this match.

- One quick note of the ref, and the treatment of Saka overall. Its becoming a bit farcical how he's allowed to be continually clattered into. That was a foul to him beforehand, not called, he gets up and then for his foul committed of the match he gets a yellow. Bizarre stuff.

- Won't find me saying anything bad about Aubameyang. He remains one of my favourites and he's clearly not a natural fit at Chelsea. There was definetley a desire from Arsenal's players out there to negate his influence. Saliba and Gabriel did as they pleased before he was hooked.

- Xhaka, been said here many times what a redemption its been. He's ridiculously consistent. At a minimum you're going to get a 7/10 performance from him. Its the little things thouugh that standout to me, his leadership and reading of the game situation. He knew just what he was doing at the end there riling them up deep into stoppage time. Milk that clock, create a bit of push and shove, ice some crucial seconds remaining. Knew just what he was doing then calling on the away fans to get louder in right before the final whistle.

- Rotate once again in the league cup vs Brighton Thursday morning and then hopefully get the 3 points against Wolves next weekend. That would retain Arsenal at top spot until after the world cup, what a way to go into Christmas.

- Lastly, watch this video if you can. Even that steward there is clearly an Arsenal fan and was ******* loving it whilst trying to stay somewhat composed to do his job. Great scenes, awesome to see that burst of emotion from Arteta as well. There's something very special brewing at Arsenal.

- On Jesus, yes that goal drought is a growing concern. Can't really deny that as by his own admission too, he's here to score goals. The reality is though, he's been and remains an excellent signing. So many of his own chances he's actually been involved in prior, whether winning the ball back with his pressing/tackling to being involved in the build up play prior to getting into the box. He does so many things that Lacazette etc just weren't able to. He absolutely needs a goal and you can see the desperation is there. Over the course of the season though, wastefulness may cost us. For now however, Arsenal don't score as many as we have (2nd most goals in the league so far) without him. He's that important.

- Wherever Arsenal finish this season, much depends on Partey's fitness. He's just about irreplacable. Elneny back in the squad is huge as I don't believe Lokonga is ready for that position. But Partey is a class above and if he is absent again for a long period, we are at risk of falling back to the pack. He's that good. Bossed this match.

- One quick note of the ref, and the treatment of Saka overall. Its becoming a bit farcical how he's allowed to be continually clattered into. That was a foul to him beforehand, not called, he gets up and then for his foul committed of the match he gets a yellow. Bizarre stuff.

I think the January window is very interesting for us because of the above points. If by the end of December we are still sitting in 1st/2nd then IMO the club must push to bring in 3 players to cover those above.

At least the World Cup will give some of the players a much needed rest.

Dunno what else Gabriel, Saliba and White could do to get picked. Top of the league, least goals conceded - and Gabriel in particular is a threat at corners.

The players getting a bit of a rest I guess is good... But I want to see our players on the big stage... Sometimes a good world cup can accelerate a players growth give them confidence.

Agree, plus it could keep them sharp. I hope Gabriel, White and Saliba all go because I don't think they'd play much, but being a part of the experience and having to train regularly would be a huge benefit to them. Probably best of both worlds really.

Jesus and Martinelli selected for Brazil. That’s huge for them.

Gabriel misses out.

Dunno what else Gabriel, Saliba and White could do to get picked. Top of the league, least goals conceded - and Gabriel in particular is a threat at corners.

Saliba is already a French international, he’ll be selected for the World Cup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back