Up the guts

Remove this Banner Ad

With marvellous Malcolm retiring there’s nothing left for Mooney to be funny about.

Should just stick to bagging the hell outta the sunny suburb of Bayswater in his very unfunny stand up routines.

Or just stick to radio where no one can see his head.

He’s a 1000 times more funny than that Lehmo though ...

Cringeworthy.
They just don’t get it.
Humour is hard to do well and half baked attempts fall very flat.
Front Bar have a reasonable mix of spoofs and gags, but without intelligent comments and solid sports knowledge it would be another train wreck. Sam Pang is a natural.
The Footy Show was so successful initially because it had good journalism and broke stories, talked actual footy and had some clever and at times self-deprecatory jokes. The more it tried to entertain the worse it got.
Used to enjoy The Fat and don’t mind Back Page.

That was the worst show I have ever seen and without a hint of exaggeration.
From the 3*2 minute samples I could stand, I totally agree.
That show must have been allowed to air as a favour to a mate, because if it was screen tested at all I can’t see how it would have possibly been ticked off.

I find Mooney totally unfunny and objectionable at his best. And yet by comparison ‘Deano’ made him look like a comic genius.

Surely this show can’t last more than a couple of weeks in its current format?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In another era.. this show would have been a Ch9 show and would have been pulled by Packer after about 5 minutes. Insipid.

Haha...instant recall of the infamous Doug Mulray ‘naughtiest home videos’ debut episode being pulled off air by Packer.

Kerry Packer, the owner of the Nine Network at the time, was informed of the show's content by friends while having dinner. He tuned in to watch the show, which was being transmitted on TCN-9, and was so offended by its content that he phoned the studio operators and angrily shouted, "Get that s**t off the air!"
Within minutes, the series was pulled.[3]

I was embarrassed for everyone associated with this train wreck, on camera and off. Who on Earth at Fox Footy signed off on this garbage? I actually thought at one stage that Lawrence Mooney was going to turn to the camera, attempt a joke about this debacle seeming a good idea at the time, and then walk off the set. Or maybe I just wished that would happen. Who knows? At any rate I will be shocked if the program has not been euthanised by Round five if it stays with its present format. If a reboot is on I would suggest two urgent moves:

1) replace Mooney with someone funny and even vaguely likeable. He is neither.
2) while the notion of having Deano simply rubbed out by a hit man is appealing, it is probably illegal. Smarter to threaten him with the aforementioned until he hands over every single copy of the lurid photographs of Fox Footy executives engaging in, at least beastiality, that he clearly has in his possession.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back