FTA-TV Upcoming TV shows 2024 Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Channel 10 are promoting an Australian version of Would I Lie To You? It seems Chrissie Swan will be hosting and having Frank Woodley as one of the team captains looks promising. I feel the English version is the funniest show on TV, so I hope the Aussie version goes well. It surely couldn't be worse than the Aussie version of Whose Line Is It Anyway from a few years ago.

Yeah, I saw that and I was like WTF? I reckon it will be crap. What makes the Pommy version is how great the chemistry between David Mitchell, Lee Mack, and Rob Brydon is, not to mention some brilliant guests like Bob Mortimer and Claudia Winkleman. I will give the Aussie version a go but I don't hold high hopes for it.

The pommy version is great because Rob and David are both fantastic and then lee Mack takes it to another level. Chrissie Swan hosting this already has it pushing s**t uphill. Woodley is funny but I don't think even Lee Mack could make up for the choice of host.

Agree the pommy version is the funniest show on TV.

Had seen a bit about the return of Futurama in the past 24 hours but this was the first time I'd caught wind of the fact Bender may be re-cast. Think that would greatly dilute it tbh, Bender - with John DiMaggio's voice is a massive part of it really

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pommy version is great because Rob and David are both fantastic and then lee Mack takes it to another level. Chrissie Swan hosting this already has it pushing s**t uphill. Woodley is funny but I don't think even Lee Mack could make up for the choice of host.

Agree the pommy version is the funniest show on TV.
Agreed, watched parts of episodes and it has fallen flat, honestly so bad. When I saw Chrissie as host I was skeptical as I don't rate her in the slightest. but the whole cast just lacks something.

My partner and I have watched as much of the english one as possible (usually sourcing on youtube), it just cannot be beat with that lineup and the guests they have coming through - even people ive never heard of have me cracking up.

The Aussie version of Would I Lie to You seems to have bit the dust (bitten the dust?). It was not broadcast last Monday and is not published in the viewing guide for tomorrow night. There were 8 episodes broadcast. Did anyone else watch it?
I think it suffered mainly from being on a commercial channel. The English version runs for half an hour but the Aussie version had to stop for ads constantly and didn't seem to be able to get continuity with its comedic pace. Frank Woodley was good to watch in this format but I felt Chrissie Swan needed to somehow inject herself into the show a tiny bit more, like how Rob Brydon does impersonations now and then.

I would like an Aussie version of "Tipping Point" or "Pointless"

I like watching them but sometimes the pommy questions are weird

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

The Aussie version of Pointless was terrible and probably lasted even less time than WILTY, which would explain how you didn’t even know it existed.

Suffered from the same problem, trying to cram a 45 minute BBC format into 30 mins including ads.

The Aussie version of Pointless was terrible and probably lasted even less time than WILTY, which would explain how you didn’t even know it existed.

Suffered from the same problem, trying to cram a 45 minute BBC format into 30 mins including ads.
oh yeah had that weird plastic guy as host

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

. Frank Woodley was good to watch in this format but I felt Chrissie Swan needed to somehow inject herself into the show a tiny bit more, like how Rob Brydon does impersonations now and then.

The difference between them is one has talent, Chrissie became famous as a fan favourite on big brother and producers used that popularity for years, her popularity eventually waned and needed a revival on yet another 'reality' show on I'm a celebrity. It's the fifth(?) show she has hosted that hasn't lasted more than 2 seasons.

The point is one is a performer and one is the popular choice. But I agree in general that the show needed a more dynamic host and options are limited. Wonder if someone like Celia Pacquola could manage hosting a show. Ch4 has an abundance of these type of shows, all hosted by successful comedians

Remove this Banner Ad

Back