News Update: Charles Cameron traded to Brisbane for Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

I am no list manager either and I wouldn’t do the trade for pick 12, especially if there is no best 22 player coming our way.

JR rightly said pick 12 doesn’t have 70 games of AFL experience, won’t play 20-25 games for us next year, nor will pick 12 help us go one better next year.

We are in the window. We should be improving the 22 for next year and not worry about maximizing the value for a draft pick that will be 3 years away from being best 22 player at best.
Fair call but surely 12+ a player (from Bris or elsewhere) is unachievable. Maybe 18+? I dunno. Something's got to be cooking. I hope.

Who wins this
Cameron to Brisbane
Schache to Bulldogs
Stringer to Essendon
Francis + pick 24 to Adelaide
Gibbs to Adelaide for 16+24 swap our 2nd for there 2nd next year
Kennedy to Carlton for pick 24

who needs steak knives

Who wins this
Cameron to Brisbane
Schache to Bulldogs
Stringer to Essendon

who needs steak knives
We win it

I get the comment we want a player who can play 22 games but Cameron really didn't have a good year besides the Prelim. I think he can be replaced without to much trouble.

The loss of Smith and Lever is more concerning.

I'd trade for pick 18 (I doubt 12 is even in the conversation)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who wins this
Cameron to Brisbane
Schache to Bulldogs
Stringer to Essendon

who needs steak knives

Assuming the Gibbs trade is combined and not separate. We won't be unloading CC without him. This is incredibly achievable I would have thought, but Bulldogs and Carlton seem indecisive on what they want and will be hardest to please with their respective lists of basketcases.

It's CC for Francis and 24. Then forward 24 along with our 16 to Carlton for Gibbs.
My mistake!
That is a better deal, wouldn't touch Francis myself (as Samcro24 said, Menzel type player/Deal)
16 +24 Over playing for Gibbs even if you add their 2nd round pick for next year.

Why do you believe that?

Why wouldn't have Charlie just said "no I'm gonna play crap and don't want to be here so you better get a deal done"?

I don’t recon he’d have the balls to say that to the coach and if he did were ****ed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back