News Update: Charles Cameron traded to Brisbane for Pick 12

Remove this Banner Ad

I am pretty sure Reid said pick 12 ain't playing 22 games for us at CC level (despite some on here thinking he provides sweetfa)
I reckon Reid and Co. have chosen a player and Brisbane don't want that player to leave. So it aint Shache you would think.

I am pretty sure Reid said pick 12 ain't playing 22 games for us at CC level (despite some on here thinking he provides sweetfa)
I reckon they have chosen a player and Brisbane don't want them to leave. So it aint Shache you would think.
We play hardball, get 12 give to Carlton and we get the player we want.

I reckon Reid and Co. have chosen a player and Brisbane don't want that player to leave. So it aint Shache you would think.
I am hoping against hope it's Zorko like I suggested weeks ago. Throw everything at that deal !!

same here. We are crazy to knock that back. Can Reid squeeze something more out of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take it with a grain of salt guys.

Deals are hardly ever straight swap of a pick for a player.

While the headline might read "Crows knock back pick 12"

The deal could well have been Pick 12 for Cameron and pick 16 or some such.

Technically true we knocked back pick 12 but heavily sensationalized.

Also everyone keeps seeing this as all about getting Gibbs but that just doesn't feel right to me. We've got the trade ammunition to get Gibbs if we want to already, we aren't going hard at him. We'd be far better off making the deal with our current pick for Gibbs. If we wait for 12 we'll end up paying more than we would have last year.

My suspicion is we're targeting a player at either the Lions or another club.

Looking fairly obvious now. We won't move on Cameron, unless a ready-made player (Gibbs) is coming back our way.

Not sure I agree with this, as Cameron's value will be far less at the end of 2018. But, if the club feels like it needs to make a statement, then so be it.
If we win the flag it was a risk worth taking.

I don't pretend to be a list manager but wtf?? Isn't that a bit SOS like?

I am no list manager either and I wouldn’t do the trade for pick 12, especially if there is no best 22 player coming our way.

JR rightly said pick 12 doesn’t have 70 games of AFL experience, won’t play 20-25 games for us next year, nor will pick 12 help us go one better next year.

We are in the window. We should be improving the 22 for next year and not worry about maximizing the value for a draft pick that will be 3 years away from being best 22 player at best.

Pick 12 for Charlie Cameron would be the best trade David Noble has ever managed for us.
Pick 12 is bloody great but will they play 25 games? Need a player that will do cc's role if we are to trade him. Also with smith out we lack pace. What does cc have? These variables and whether a team is in the premiership window must come into the equation for working out the value of a player.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back