Golf World Golf thread - Foreign and Domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

The big cat is turning back the clock and i'm bloody excited.

giphy.gif

Okay in my "get off my lawn", old man rants from the weekend:

1) Justin Thomas is an a-hole. I am sick and tired of his whining and b.s. I hope he never wins another tournament as long as he lives--and he reminds of sourpuss Colin Montgomery.

2) Lexi Thompson either needs to learn how to read or to get a new caddy who can read for her.

Okay in my "get off my lawn", old man rants from the weekend:

1) Justin Thomas is an a-hole. I am sick and tired of his whining and b.s. I hope he never wins another tournament as long as he lives--and he reminds of sourpuss Colin Montgomery.

2) Lexi Thompson either needs to learn how to read or to get a new caddy who can read for her.
1) what did he do?
2) do you mean reading greens?

1) what did he do?
2) do you mean reading greens?

1) Story I heard this morning on sports talk was the following: JT was hitting his shot and AFTER he hit the shot someone in the gallery yelled "get in the bunker". JT went over towards him and had said fan ejected. This coming on the heels of his constant moaning and complaining starting at Waste Management. I have had enough of him.

2) She was penalized for taking down a temporary obstruction to clear the path to hit her ball. Resulting in a 2 stroke penalty. Although, it was a temporary structure--the local rules (which are on the sheet she and her caddy get prior to round 1) deemed such temporary structure immovable. She strikes me as talented, but incredibly lazy. Know the rules, especially the local ones handed out.

Stop me if you've heard this one: Lexi Thompson was involved in a rules controversy.

No, it won't resonate as painfully as
her four-shot penalty at last year's ANA Inspiration, which she eventually lost in a playoff. But in Round 2 at the Honda LPGA Thailand, she was slapped with another unconventional and harsh penalty all the same.

On her 15th hole, her ball came to rest near an advertising sign. At some courses on tour, these billboards are classified as man-made, moveable objects that can be shifted without penalty; at other tracks, they are "temporary immovable obstructions." Thompson moved the sign out of her swing path, and unfortunately at Siam Country Club, the local rule deems that ad immovable. The penalty was two shots, and Thompson wasn't notified of the infraction until she sat in the scorer's tent after her round. Her 66 became a 68.

http://www.golf.com/tours-news/2018...hit-controversial-penalty-honda-lpga-thailand

2) She was penalized for taking down a temporary obstruction to clear the path to hit her ball. Resulting in a 2 stroke penalty. Although, it was a temporary structure--the local rules (which are on the sheet she and her caddy get prior to round 1) deemed such temporary structure immovable. She strikes me as talented, but incredibly lazy. Know the rules, especially the local ones handed out.
Surely you have realised by now that less than 1% of female professionals worldwide know the rules in any detail?

Only have to check out Alison Lee and the fracas from the 2015 Solheim Cup for evidence.

Justin Thomas is a lying sack of sh$t on top of it. If there had been "more" than just the one comment I feel quite confident he would have aired his complaints in detail on the course right then and there.

I see he offered his "apology" whilst also excusing himself yet again.

If there is any justice, on every damn hole he plays during his next tournament, someone will tell his ball to get in the bunker or the water after he strikes his shot.

Nothing I hate worse than crybaby prima donnas.

http://www.golfchannel.com/article/...ry-overreacting-getting-honda-fan-kicked-out/

By the way JT, good luck at the Ryder Cup. Now that they know you have rabbit ears you are going to get heckled so bad you will wish you are at the Waste Management tourney. I, for one, will enjoy every second of it. :)

Justin Thomas is a lying sack of sh$t on top of it. If there had been "more" than just the one comment I feel quite confident he would have aired his complaints in detail on the course right then and there.

If there is any justice, on every damn hole he plays during his next tournament, someone will tell his ball to get in the bunker or the water after he strikes his shot.

http://www.golfchannel.com/article/...ry-overreacting-getting-honda-fan-kicked-out/

By the way JT, good luck at the Ryder Cup. Now that they know you have rabbit ears you are going to get heckled so bad you will wish you are at the Waste Management tourney. I, for one, will enjoy every second of it. :)
Can't agree with you here AmericanCrow

Rather than focusing on JT getting the person kicked out the focus should be on why some idiot decides to goto the golf and yell out discouraging things to players.

If you can't behave like a respectful human being at a golf tournament then you deserve to get removed from the course.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t like it that fans feel the need to do it but no spectator should be kicked out for it. Actually, a video on YouTube said that the fan didn’t get kicked out.

I don’t like it that fans feel the need to do it but no spectator should be kicked out for it. Actually, a video on YouTube said that the fan didn’t get kicked out.

Agreed, certainly better ways to handle things as spectators.

In other news, I was really sorry to see the WGC at Firestone South (literally 35 minutes from us) will be no more. I never got a chance to get little AC over there and we won't be able to go this year either. (although for a good reason as he will be at Pinehurst)

I guess word is we will get the Senior Players in 2019

I’m a Leftie so obviously I am rooting eh I mean rooting for Phil atm! :)

Australians shouldn't be rooting for Phil should they??!! ;)

Thought it was barracking mate :)

What a great run from the greatest golfer of my generation.

How appropriate it went to an extra hole with Mr. Crybaby himself ;)

Even little AC had to give the ol' boy his due---way to go Phil

Remove this Banner Ad

Back