VAFA General Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Twice as many people at the second game than the 1st. Just saying.

Just saying what exactly Max? Friends, family and interested on-lookers from the U19s game joined by friends, family and interested on-lookers for the 2nd game. This would tend to double the size of the crowd would it not?

Expect much the same would have occured it the match order was reversed.

Just saying what exactly Max? Friends, family and interested on-lookers from the U19s game joined by friends, family and interested on-lookers for the 2nd game. This would tend to double the size of the crowd would it not?

Expect much the same would have occured it the match order was reversed.

Which it should of been . Who called the game ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

There's some misogynist posters on here, who cares that the women had top billing? More of a concern is that they should be playing another competition other than the team they played yesterday, not good for women's football anywhere.

There's some misogynist posters on here, who cares that the women had top billing? More of a concern is that they should be playing another competition other than the team they played yesterday, not good for women's football anywhere.
Problem with many non Melbourne based Women’s Football Comps is that they have Country Netball to compete against.

Need to play against NFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Word is a new alcohol policy will be rolled out seeing clubs being able to sell a few beers.

To many clubs leaving or dropping to clubbies.

About time. The rule is beyond a joke.

Next step start employing some umpires

Except for Kew who should be banned for life for serving alcohol all game at past players function to see them run onto field into full blown melee!

A bit of jealousy re Kew in a few posts and threads recently. You win a lot of flags and you seem to get that.
Wouldn’t be surprised if the Bears did it again this year and won another. Enjoy Workhorse!

I don't know about jealousy Hip but I'll take it! I think it's common place for all clubs on BF that as soon as there's a chance for a drive-by on someone else, a lot of posters love to take it up! I actually don't mind the banter but the above post is dangerously factually incorrect.

What game was this? Recent?
Some pretty strong words here. i hope it was dealt with by vafa

It's old news that was dealt with and no business being brought up again. In 2015 Kew vs Bulleen Temp was called off by umpires when supporters from both teams became involved in a brawl. It wasn't a Kew Past Players day and there was no alcohol served. It was a disgraceful day for Kew and Bulleen Temp and both clubs received financial sanctions from the VAFA as a result. No players were involved in the melee, or if they were it was in trying to break it up.

What caused the melee? A BT player coward punched two Kew players behind play late in the last quarter - one (19yo) received a broken jaw and the other received a broken nose. As he was sent off he taunted the Kew coaches box and supporters - who were rightfully irate. Unfortunately a few supporters clashed with BT supporters and the brawl started - it was absolutely not started by the Kew coach as asserted by Bedford. As I said it was disgraceful scenes and something I hope I never see at a VAFA game again.

However there is absolutely no relevance to the discussion about the VAFA alcohol policy so I wonder why it even needs to be brought up again? Obviously a disgruntled BT supporter who hasn't got over it. Not sure why he hasn't moved on? We did, and were lucky enough to win a flag which included the two players injured by the BT player.

Move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back