Roast Vent Here

Remove this Banner Ad

They did a big brown log in the bed before round one. Why the rush? What has he done to deserve more time? This is why the club has not had long term success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel myself becoming a fair-weather supporter. After decades of watching, driving, flying to games, buying merchandise and memberships, I just can't be bothered with a club that loses far, far more than they ever win. I have 0 confidence in the on and off field leadership at the club. I've always been brought up to live by the 'you always support your club no matter what' and have definitely lived that. But this season is making me question why? What do I get in return? I don't get happiness, I don't get joy. The 1st 6 rounds will be so significant to me. I can't be bothered putting emotional energy into the sink-hole that is the FFC.
I feel I'm moving to a position of only being interested if we are winning/making finals, which I know is not what a 'true' supporter does, but I really am starting to not care.
I don't like the AFL either. It's an organisation run with no integrity.
I'm not saying I'm stopping being a Freo supporter, unfortunately that's in my blood. I just have no interest in its failures. I can't be bothered dissecting tactics/team selections every time we lose. If we're winning then those things are interesting, but if we're not in finals contention week in week out, I just can't be bothered any more.

I feel myself becoming a fair-weather supporter. After decades of watching, driving, flying to games, buying merchandise and memberships, I just can't be bothered with a club that loses far, far more than they ever win. I have 0 confidence in the on and off field leadership at the club. I've always been brought up to live by the 'you always support your club no matter what' and have definitely lived that. But this season is making me question why? What do I get in return? I don't get happiness, I don't get joy. The 1st 6 rounds will be so significant to me. I can't be bothered putting emotional energy into the sink-hole that is the FFC.
I feel I'm moving to a position of only being interested if we are winning/making finals, which I know is not what a 'true' supporter does, but I really am starting to not care.
I'm not saying I'm stopping being a Freo supporter, unfortunately that's in my blood. I just have no interest in its failures. I can't be bothered dissecting tactics/team selections every time we lose. If we're winning then those things are interesting, but if we're not in finals contention week in week out, I just can't be bothered any more.
It's sport, it's not serious stuff really. If you're not enjoying it then I think changing your habits is a good idea. Good luck!

What a post to make on the eve of the first game...
I'm betting you'll feel different if they win tomorrow.

Bicco, interesting comments as I'm feeling a bit the same this year. I can't be bothered getting hopeful and then for normal transmission to be resumed. Also the AFL is such a corrupt and unfair organisation that I resent putting one cent into their coffers. But...I will be there on Sunday and fingers crossed.

I agree about the AFL treating us like s**t.
But why doesn’t the club stand up for itself? Why do we take this crap year after year? What do we get in return for being serfs?

The clubs who whinge and moan off field get everything. What the point in having this stiff upper lip attitude to the unfairness and imbalances? How much worse would it be if a few club leaders came out from time to time and gave the AFL both barrels, publicly?

Instead we send Caleb Serong, one of our true leaders, out to read a scripted grovelling apology for a perfectly fine tackle on Adam Cerra last year that removed him from Brownlow contention. 🤷‍♂️
A small thing but a microcosm of how the AFL treats us.

You’ll probably cop a lot of flak for this post but I can’t help but agree. We’ve been in the rebuild zone since 2016. That’s 8 years ago. And what we have for it is still one of the youngest team that is probably a couple of years off of contending. It’s actually mind boggling how many supporters are ok with waiting a full decade for any sort of success.

I hope and pray I’m wrong but if current trends are anything to go by, we’ll have a middling year, sack the coach, “win” draft/trade period, bring in a defensive minded coach who sucks all the flair out of the new recruits. Rinse and repeat.

Perhaps what the club actually needs is a few more fair weather supporters. If membership and crowd numbers fall off a cliff maybe it’ll be a wake up call that aiming for average isn’t good enough.

I'm with you Bicco
My coping mechanism is to TRY to care less, so losses aren't as tragic, but the downside is that the wins aren't quite as euphoric
The last 2 games against Melbourne at the G were close to it, however

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back