VFL VFL Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

For those in the know... Are we contenders this year in VFL having added the likes of Sullivan and Long to the middle? Or have we lost a lot of VFL quality as well?
It'll depend on consistency, Hustwaite and Tardrew are big losses given their experience. We recruited well, but all inexperience apart from crocker and of course Wilson.
Will need a healthy list to help along the VFL listers.
Hopefully the likes of Longmire, Lane can take the next step.

But having the likes of Sullivan, Bytel should help.

It'll depend on consistency, Hustwaite and Tardrew are big losses given their experience. We recruited well, but all inexperience apart from crocker and of course Wilson.
Will need a healthy list to help along the VFL listers.
Hopefully the likes of Longmire, Lane can take the next step.

But having the likes of Sullivan, Bytel should help.
Is Crocker injured? How come he's not playing today?

It will really depend if the AFL list can stay injury free, will definitely be top 8 in that case but if you need to delve into your VFL list too much I don't expect it will go well. Hustwaite and Tardrew are solid losses.
I think that Crocker and Long probably more than make up for those two.

He's only 23, and very likely to still be hoping he can end up on an AFL list. If he heads to the country, or any lower league, his chances of getting picked up would obviously be seriously reduced. I admire him for hanging in there, wish he was still at Collingwood (VFL), but don't blame him for trying his luck elsewhere!
A lot of players hang on to playing VFL because of the promise or potential of one day getting drafted. clubs dangle that carrot to them also. The percentage that actually get to the AFL is crazy small. In a way, they are being duped by the club that's handing out hope. It's been happening since I played but back then, we were getting paid more than some AFL players and some chose to leave the then VFL and play VFA. IMHO, he's not good enough to play AFL so go and make some money while you still can

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond is live streaming the match if interested Live Stream: VFL Practice Match v Collingwood

Thanks Mate,

I really like the way Oscar Steene is developing. His ruck craft looks to be improving all the time and can really take a mark. He looks like he has physically developed quite a bit. Based in what I have seen over the pre-season it would not Suprise be if he sneaks in a game or 2 by the end of the year.

Thanks Mate,

I really like the way Oscar Steene is developing. His ruck craft looks to be improving all the time and can really take a mark. He looks like he has physically developed quite a bit. Based in what I have seen over the pre-season it would not Suprise be if he sneaks in a game or 2 by the end of the year.
Yeah, the natural marking ability will get him opportunities, for sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back