Video of the streets of Geelong after the win - CRAZY!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Family lives in Geelong, down here tonight and just got home. I have never, ever seen the middle of town like that. It was just ridiculous!!

Only seen comparable scenes in England when Chelsea won the league for the first time in 50 years.

Good on em. Why wouldn't they?

I have lots more footage to put up over the coming days...as the night went on it got even rowdier.

Keep an eye on www.geelongadvertiser.com.au for more or email us at journo@geelongadvertiser.com.au if you have footage/pictures you'd like to share from the celebrations. Or send us links to your youtube stuff.

What an amazing night -- the celebrations almost outdone the actual game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Breaking News, the first image of Billy Brownless in celebration mode has hit the net...

HomerSimpson22.gif

This is an artists rendition of how is expected to be discovered sometime in mid November, having 'taken a breather'.

simpsons_homer-783742.gif

Well, there's no other in the AFL that come to mind. Brisbane and Sydney both compete with the rugby, Freo and West Coast with each other, same with Adelaide and Port.

Well I can see two ways your post is interpreted. If you say its the only one team town as far as AFL goes, then its wrong as there is Sydney and Brisbane, or if you are saying that its the only town in the country with one major sporting team, then you are wrong as there is the Cowboys and Titans in the NRL, Central Coast Mariners in the A league and I guess teams like the Hawks in the NBL if we consider that a 'major' sporting league

Well I can see two ways your post is interpreted. If you say its the only one team town as far as AFL goes, then its wrong as there is Sydney and Brisbane, or if you are saying that its the only town in the country with one major sporting team, then you are wrong as there is the Cowboys and Titans in the NRL, Central Coast Mariners in the A league and I guess teams like the Hawks in the NBL if we consider that a 'major' sporting league

I think it's a bit silly to say that the town lives by the spirit of the Mariners, to be honest. The NRL I can understand, but I know jack-all about it.
I'll still say that I can't think of a club and place so intrinsically linked as the Cats and Geelong, but I'm happy to be told I'm wrong.

I think it's a bit silly to say that the town lives by the spirit of the Mariners, to be honest. The NRL I can understand, but I know jack-all about it.
I'll still say that I can't think of a club and place so intrinsically linked as the Cats and Geelong, but I'm happy to be told I'm wrong.

Probably right about that, with the expansion of Melbourne people follow their parents teams rather than the team of their suburbs. As far as AFL goes, Id say your right, the only place its similar across the nation would probably be Brisbane Broncos, but on a small town level similar to Geelong its hard to look past Newcastle and the Knights in the NRL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back