Vince McMahon steps down from TKO amid allegations

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s interesting now that Laurinatis is claiming to be a victim. It’s going to get real interesting when people are going to be grilled, as the lawyers start gathering evidence. Think they are is going to be a lot more mud slinging and throwing under the bus. I also believe that a lot more people are going to come forward.

It’s positive that there’s now a federal criminal investigation into the allegations.

If it leads to a grand jury people like Tom Cole & Ashley Massaro may end up with some justice after all.

I bought the Ringmaster book, and it arrived today. There's 40+ pages of notes and references, sourcing everything written. It's a massive work.

I bought the Ringmaster book, and it arrived today. There's 40+ pages of notes and references, sourcing everything written. It's a massive work.
Yeah I only just heard about the ring boy and pat Patterson the other day

If you’re board check out podcast behind the bastards, six parts on wwe /vince

It’s ok, hosts are a bit annoying and joke way too much

IMG_4534.jpeg

Paul Levesque is a senior executive at WWE with a multi decade long relationship with Vince and the McMahon family.

Senior Executives are named in the complaint, and Hunter is one of a handful of people that this could possibly be referring to.

Historically, the WWE is a very blokey and even misogynistic organisation with a pretty dubious past.

If you're talking about the balance of probabilities, it has to be considered unlikely that Levesque didn't have knowledge of much of what was going on. There has been multiple NDAs now signed between McMahon and female employees.

That’s all a good read and that, but please point me to the EVIDENCE or PROOF that he was involved, to the extent where it can be described as a definitely, case closed, as one misinformed and agenda driven poster seems to be doing.

If not it’s just slander, and a pretty reckless statement and accusation to make.

As for NDA’s, they are extremely common in American business. To suggest he knew of the graphic details of this or any other particular incident would just be an assumption. Wouldn’t it be equally assumable Vince wouldn’t discuss such matters with his son in law and father of his grandchildren?

That’s all a good read and that, but please point me to the EVIDENCE or PROOF that he was involved, to the extent where it can be described as a definitely, case closed, as one misinformed and agenda driven poster seems to be doing.

If not it’s just slander, and a pretty reckless statement and accusation to make.

As for NDA’s, they are extremely common in American business. To suggest he knew of the graphic details of this or any other particular incident would just be an assumption. Wouldn’t it be equally assumable Vince wouldn’t discuss such matters with his son in law and father of his grandchildren?
This seems fancifully hopeful and naive.

It's absolutely appropriate to discuss the WWE Executives and their role in this.

Levesque is a senior executive with board responsibility, and he was there when details of Janel Grant's NDA was brought to the board in August. This is what prompted Vince to be dismissed the first time and what started the investigation.

Somehow, that investigation turned up no information that stopped Vince from returning to the company. It seems like an obvious cover up.

Levesque has been a notorious political player throughout his career, that's been stated constantly.

We'll no doubt learn what he knew and when. Perhaps it's as innocent as you claim.

This seems fancifully hopeful and naive.

It's absolutely appropriate to discuss the WWE Executives and their role in this.

Levesque is a senior executive with board responsibility, and he was there when details of Janel Grant's NDA was brought to the board in August. This is what prompted Vince to be dismissed the first time and what started the investigation.

Somehow, that investigation turned up no information that stopped Vince from returning to the company. It seems like an obvious cover up.

Levesque has been a notorious political player throughout his career, that's been stated constantly.

We'll no doubt learn what he knew and when. Perhaps it's as innocent as you claim.

You’re missing the point again. I’m not the one making any definitive judgment on guilt or innocence without proof and purely on assumption

You’re missing the point again. I’m not the one making any definitive judgment on guilt or innocence without proof and purely on assumption
It's now an active Federal investigation, so I imagine we'll know soon enough.

Too many of the horrendous crimes in wrestling's past have been swept under the rug because most media just held their nose and weren't interested. Snuka's girlfriend, ring boys, Ashley Massaro.

At least now we'll get some kind of truth.

HHH may have known Vince got up to some extra material shenanigans and turned blind eye. but I would doubt he’d be up for what he’s been accused of
Levesque has been a key part of an organisation that has had massive cultural issues for decades.

I think he knew about Vince and Christy Hemme, and the rape of Rita Chatterton. I think everyone knew about Orton and the way he treated women on the roster. There's countless stories of things have happened. I think he knew of these, and he knew that Vince wasn't paying out millions of dollars multiple times over because he was having consensual extra marital sex.

But we'll find out, I guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a huge fan of WWE in the 90's but not anymore.

I've worked with a few people in the metal health space who had similar desires to Vince - these extreme fantasies that involve partner sharing and degradation.

I suspect from the tone of the messages that she was consenting at the time, he's clearly feeling encouraged/validated and felt very safe revealing kinks that most women would not be into. One issue is he's gone aggressively insane with it, involving other people into the fantasy and more than likely making her feel completely worthless.

He would likely not have shared with his male colleagues these fantasies, and instead would likely have tarnished her as the office **** to be passed around etc.

It's an absurd, insane thing to take part of in his position regardless of her age and capacity to provide consent. He could've divorced his wife and found a new partner who might've entertained all these ideas.

I don't know if she was trafficked or abused, but even if she wasn't it's an utterly terrible thing for the CEO of a multi-million dollar empire to entertain, let alone with a group of male colleagues within that empire. Imagine if you found out the married CEO of your business was engaging in this with a female employee, and having the Male board members all in on it. You'd feel completely sick.

Either he's completely out of control, or in control and utterly power mad and I'm not sure what's worse.

Either he's completely out of control, or in control and utterly power mad and I'm not sure what's worse.

I reckon he's both. Jerry McDevitt must be one of the greatest lawyers of all time given how many times he's gotten Vince out of seemingly impossible situations (the steroid scandal of 1993 was an amazing piece of work given how obvious the situation was) and I reckon Vince increasingly thought he was above the law. The long list of NDAs supports that view, as was the fact he did it behind the company's back.

But there's always a tipping point and Vince has found it. The fact Laurinatis is playing the victim card is a tacit admission that Grant's claims are accurate - I suppose with the compelling evidence (the text messages), his lawyers thought it was his only way out (and it's a Hail Mary at that).

Apprently Ashley Massaro was fired for rejecting Vince’s advances. On top of what happened to her in Kuwait, her suicide in 2019 just makes this story even more tragic.

Apprently Ashley Massaro was fired for rejecting Vince’s advances. On top of what happened to her in Kuwait, her suicide in 2019 just makes this story even more tragic.

Very sad to hear this.

I was a fan of Ashley Massaro when she was in WWE.

Left behind a Daughter too.

Jerry McDevitt must be one of the greatest lawyers of all time given how many times he's gotten Vince out of seemingly impossible situations (the steroid scandal of 1993 was an amazing piece of work given how obvious the situation was)

McDevitt is absolutely a very skilled lawyer, and has done Vince enormous service over the years. However the steroid trial was very much tanked by the Feds. That didn’t have a strong case, and put Hogan on the stand not knowing what he was going to say. A complete schmoozle on their behalf.

McDevitt is absolutely a very skilled lawyer, and has done Vince enormous service over the years. However the steroid trial was very much tanked by the Feds. That didn’t have a strong case, and put Hogan on the stand not knowing what he was going to say. A complete schmoozle on their behalf.
Yeah, that's a good call. I remember reading in Piledriver magazine that their knowledge of the business was so poor that they didn't get the point that the explosion in steroid use happened after Vince Jnr took over. Some of the expert witnesses were wrestlers that were on the payroll prior to Vince Jnr so really their testimony had no bearing on the claims. And if I remember right, they were trying to nail him on conspiracy to distribute when that was clearly not the case. But the fact Dr Zahorian was the one supplying the drugs and Vince openly knew this (and facilitated it) should have been enough for something to stick.

BTW McDevitt retired last year as I understand it so Vince won't have him to get him out of this mess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back