MVP Votes v Port, round 22, 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

3. Goldy
2. Cunnington
1. Simpkin

I’m just going to preface this by saying that I went with these guys as I believe that they set the tone early and the game was as good as over by 1/4 time not that Browny doesn’t deserve votes but his 10 goals were a byproduct of the biggest midfield domination I have personally seen .

BBB - 3. 10 goals for the first time this century/since we last won a flag. Couldn't separate him from:
Goldy - 3. His best performance if you consider the way he came out after the Geelong game. Showed real leadership.
Couldn't separarte Jasper and Cunners either but Cunners is gonna win this easily so:
Jasper - 1.

Votes after the second last game.

Goldy - 128 votes. Massive game from Goldy. Possibly his best ever - certainly right up there. Great response from last week big fella.
BBB - 102 votes. Also his best game ever, biggest ever haul, great response etc etc. This year he stamped himself as our best forward since our Best Evertm forward. Another great response from last week.
Ben10 - 38 votes. Huge again. After a quiet period he has shown why he is leading this comp and the best user by hand in the comp. In the top few handballers of all time.
Jaspa!! - 19 votes. What a game. This guy is a shinboner thru and thru. Commmitted, gutsy player with a bit of speed and class. Makes the odd blue but that just makes him more likeable at the moment.
Higgo - 5 votes. Another massive game from himm too. He has been a bit quieter this year but still has it.
Jpo - 4 votes. He played really well as well. Lifted. looking forward to next year with him after he's settled and had a pre season under Shawsy.
Larks got 2 votes. Deserved more after 5 goals but there were some stand outs ahead of him. Great idea to target him in the first quarter. Opened up the forward line right up and left Brown one out for the rest of the game. This could work so well next year, they could both kick 50+.
Thommo, Jy and Ats all got a vote each.

5 - Todd Goldstein.
4 - Ben Brown.
3 - Ben Cunnington.
2 - Jasper Pittard.
1 - Shaun Higgins.

The leaderboard with a game to go:

Ben Cunnington - 47.
Robbie Tarrant - 29.
Jack Ziebell - 25.
Jed Anderson - 23.
Shaun Higgins - 22.
Cameron Zurhaar - 21.
Shaun Atley - 20.
Todd Goldstein - 19.
Ben Brown - 17.
Marley Williams - 16.
Jared Polec - 15.
Jy Simpkin - 14.
Jasper Pittard - 12.
Trent Dumont - 7.
Scott Thompson - 7.
Jamie Macmillan - 5.
Bailey Scott - 5.
Aaron Hall - 4.
Paul Ahern - 3.
Luke Davies-Uniacke - 2.
Nick Larkey - 2.
Tarryn Thomas - 2.
Kayne Turner - 2.
Mason Wood - 2.

There you have it.

A game to go and Cunners is miles in front.

I think that's JZ's best performance, at least while I've done it. He had some ripper games after Brad got sacked. Jed Anderson in the top 5, Cam Zurhaar one point out of it in 6th - good to see a bit of yoof in the top 10. Also worth noting down the bottom - TT, LDU, Larks, Paul Ahern and Bailey Scott all getting people's attention despite their youth and relative inexperience. It'll be interesting to see what happens this arvo to change the make up and order of that top 10.

Top 10

Ben Cunnington - 47.
Robbie Tarrant - 29.
Jack Ziebell - 25.
Jed Anderson - 23.
Shaun Higgins - 22.
Cameron Zurhaar - 21.
Shaun Atley - 20.
Todd Goldstein - 19.
Ben Brown - 17.
Marley Williams - 16.

Good work ferby.

Cunners is unnassailable, and it's good to see Tazz & Goldie getting some better acknowledgement this year, although Goldy will be top 5 in the B&F.

Top 10

Ben Cunnington - 47.
Robbie Tarrant - 29.
Jack Ziebell - 25.
Jed Anderson - 23.
Shaun Higgins - 22.
Cameron Zurhaar - 21.
Shaun Atley - 20.
Todd Goldstein - 19.
Ben Brown - 17.
Marley Williams - 16.

Good work ferby.

Cunners is unnassailable, and it's good to see Tazz & Goldie getting some better acknowledgement this year, although Goldy will be top 5 in the B&F.

Another game like the weekend and Goldy will push the top 5 here as well.

He's been really good this season - over the last month especially - and definitely back to his best form over the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back