MVP Votes vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

3: Higgo - would appear he has complete first-time father childbirth stress/sleep-deprivation/concussion immunity. Thank god.

2: Benny J - superstar

1: WOOD!! - oh how we've missed you! Welcome back!

VERY hard not to include Jed and Billy and dear brave EVW in the top votes. And Scotty T! Were it not for him we mightn't be screaming WOOD!! in the dying minutes of this match. Just another fantastic game from our stalwart defender. (and REALLY glad to hear Giantroo post the news he'll be eligeable to play this weekend against the Tigers (Scotty T, that is, not GR! oh dear...) anyways, Go ol Hunter S.! We love you!) Where was I? - oh, yes, and Cunners!
Damn votes. Get harder every week.

I'm going to try it again.:)

=3pts - Higgins
=3pts - Wood
1pt - Cunnington

I think it's impossible to seperate Higgins and Wood tonight. Both were fantastic for the full 4 quarters and instrumental in our win.
It would be a disservice to not give both of them 3 points.

3. Jacobs. 29 poss 9 tackles and rendered Parker useless. He’s special.

2. Higgins. Comes back into the team after being knocked out and doesn’t miss a beat. He really defined the game north would play with his 12 poss first quarter.

2. Wood. What a return to senior footy. I’m speechless at his effort tonight. Deserved a 2 vote. I couldn’t separate his and Higgins effort.

English mutha *ers!!! Do you count it???

In a low scoring affair at the SCG Shaun Higgins and Mason Wood polled nine coaches votes each as the underdogs, North Melbourne, were able to grind out a season-defining victory over Sydney. Higgins returned to the team (concussion) and took up right where he left off, collecting 31 disposals and kicking a goal. In the absence of Jarrad Waite, Wood made an impressive return to senior football kicking four goals, including the match winner in the dying minutes of the game to give North their fourth win for the season. Josh Kennedy was Sydney’s best player on the day, earning four coaches’ votes for his 31-disposal effort.

9 Higgins
9 Wood

4 Kennedy
3 Sinclair
2 Grundy
1 Jacobs
1 EVW

See once the rot starts even the coaches aren't immune.

:D:D

3. Jacobs - His continued improvement and versatility simply can't be ignored. If he keeps it up you could argue he might be our most important. and potentially best, player by he end of the year. My bet for the B&F.
2. Higgins - Shocked he responded so well after that concussion. He is constantly the point of difference with his disposal.
1. Wood - Probably doing him a disservice by only giving him a single vote but we quite simply had a lot of amazing players. I think he's pulled a game like this out of the bag before, though without the game-winning goal (and what a goal!. needs consistency. And this might be unpopular, but I think the s**t he does well he does SO well we can carry his deficiencies.

I'm hoping to count the votes this arvo sometime, providing no one destroys any irrigation, internet connections or rolls any concrete trucks off hills onto someone's house.

So you've got till then (or even later if I still can't split my top 3 votes.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wouldn't *en believe it.... at least the car now has a new starter motor.

I might start counting now but I've got a game of darts and a lot of rum to drink in an hour and i want to eat as well so they won't be finished till some time in the future, or the past (in case the universe is still playing silly buggers). No way i'm naming a time or date.

3 - Jacobs
2 - Wood
1 - Higgins

That was difficult - not so much who gets the votes but what order. Up until I actually typed them I didn't have BJ for the the 3 votes. Lots of players just out of the votes.

Votes time.

Higgo - 139 votes. What a comeback from a horrible concussion. Great stuff Higgo, good to see the new baby isn't slowing you down (yet).
Wood - 134 otes. First game back and what a game. Match winner. Now he's set the standard he has to live up top it but I'm sure he will.
BJ - 60 votes. Just keeps racking those scalps up. Unbelievable year so far. If he'd stayed injury free and those other 2 above had as well in 2016 we might actually have no 5 now. Gun.
Cunners and Jedly - 17 votes each and that's a neat result considering how well those two have combined so far this year.
Browny got a vote as well. And considering how he was targeted and the role he ended up playing probably deserved more and definitely saved the game with a few clutch marks drifting back to their goal square.

That's it. Only just enough players to get the 5 votes for the week. If we had to pick our top 5 players I imagine there would have been a lot of other names in there as it was a great effort. A very even performance across the whole side.

5 - Shaun Higgins.
4 - Mason Wood.
3 - Ben Jacobs.
2 - Jed Anderson.
2 - Ben Cunnington.

Its a week for not being able to seperate the votes.:) DEVO and North Viking are trend setters.

Mods - I've got to go out for a couple of hours so I'll update the leaderboard then. If you could leave the thread open till around lunchtime that'd be good.

- Cheers. All done now.

Last edited:
Here is the leaderboard after round 7:

B. Cunnington - 18.
B. Brown - 13.
S. Higgins - 10.
B. Jacobs - 10.
S. Thompson - 10.
J. Simpkin - 8.
R. Tarrant - 8.
J. Ziebell - 7.
J. Anderson - 5.
M. Wood - 4.
J. Waite - 4.
M. Daw - 3.
T. Goldstein - 3.
E. Vickers-Willis - 2.
B. Hartung - 1.
M. Williams - 1.

Jacobs, a tagger that spent two years out with injury, being equal third is the stuff of fairy tales. He is a genuine chance of the B&F too. The guy must have so much resilience and willpower to come back at such a high quality, work numerous roles per game, and actually be on the freaking improve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back