Waite, should he get a harsher punishment?

Remove this Banner Ad

Well Waite's head made as much contact in this incident with an opponent as it did with the one where he was suspended for headbutting last year.

So by that criteria he should be rubbed out. If you can be suspended for not actually headbutting anyone you can surely be suspended for not actually being kicked in the chin.

The historically funny part about what Waite did was that if was quite similar to a stunt Percy Jones did back in the 1970s.

Percy did not get hit in the jaw but held his jaw like it had been hurt. Not only that but he also demonstrated to the umpire the type of punch that had been perpetrated. :D:D

As you most likely would've seen is the incident where Jake king slight pressed his foot against Waites chest after kicking a goal. When this happened Waite grabbed his jaw as if he had been kicked there. Or another example of lewis' obivious dive. Should they receive a harsher punishment then a reprimand ? (Lewis got off free) As we dont want this to become a common thing. Look at soccer this thing is almost accepted.

What do you think should be the punishment?

Fines if the umpire wasn't sucked into giving them a free.
Reprimand if they got a free out of it.
If MRP end up charging the other player because they got sucked in, the diver should get double the points of the other player.

More importantly how the **** did Lewis get off? Similar to Jetta's. The hawk is still a protected bird.

Suspect that lewis acting effort was so poor that no one was going to be fooled. Plus by going to ground it allowed goddard to stroll into forward 50 to set up a goal. But I would not be averse to fining him $5000

There was at least contact in Lewis' case. Reprimand or suspended sentence for mine, whack him if he does it again.

Waites was a disgrace IMO. Something that blatant... he deserves a week.
And you'd be happy for one your blokes to cop a week for that? Nuff nuff

Rivaldo-Dive-Gif.gif
One of the worst things I've seen in sports. Good reminder of why this crackdown is happening

On the topic of should Waite have got a harsher punishment. ABSOLUTELY. Don't know if it's worthy of a suspension but a heftier fine should have been imposed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back