Play Nice Was that Gaffs last game for WC?

Remove this Banner Ad

This thread is like reading facebook comments. You all know retributive justice has been proven a failure right?

Whats Harley Balic the former Melbourne player got to do with this and Shane was hounded and the tragedy of that was he was innocent of that particular charge. Gaff is not innocent of this assault ,its there for all to see.The condoning of a vicious king hit as a brain fade by a so called good bloke by the old boys school of what happens on the field stays on the field is oh so 1970,s. The media have every right to go for Gaff, one hit punches ,violence like Gaffs should not be tolerated.

Please stop. You aren't grasping the complexities of this entire situation. No one ever gave a crap how Barry Hall felt because his continuous similar indiscretions proved that any remorse he may have felt was temporary.
Andrew Gaff is completely different. Did he mean to hit him? Probably. Did he mean to sock him right in the face causing that eventual damage? No way. His remorse is completely genuine and he will cop his suspension and attempt to move forward with his footy career.
People are worried about his mental health because in this modern age of social media, Gaff has been copping it worse than Hall ever did, and there is evidence that repeated and vicious bullying on social media can lead to severe depression/anxiety/suicide. He deserves an 8 week suspension, but he doesn't deserve his entire life to be turned upside down.

Last edited:

And Brayshaws health and mental wellbeing, does that come into play. Suddenly Gaff is a victim.
Brayshaws bashed face will heal and he will be allright but poor Gaff will have to put up with his mental demons for the rest of his life. Spare me the sanctimonious twaddle. Gaff is the villian,the cheap shot king hitter and I hope the memory of what he did haunts him for the rest of his miserable life . Gaff sure aint the good guy in all of this..
The real victims here are clearly some Freo fans who, long after Mark has offered his forgiveness or Gaff and Brayshaw bury the hatchet, will still be on here claiming to speak for Brayshaw’s mental well-being. Believe it or not, some people can understand that Brayshaw is the victim of a terrible hit, while accepting the context in which it took place and even be critical of the media circus surrounding it.

Here’s a hint; if you’re carrying around more hurt and anger for someone you don’t know than even his immediate family, it might be time to take a step back and assess just how important football is in your life.

I reckon Thomas Bugg incident was much more egregious than the Gaff hit.
Really?

Didn't look like a lot of force in the Bugg hit. Gaff on the other hand successfully rearranged Brayshaw's face...

In the end I think they were both going for the chest hit.

The real victims here are clearly some Freo fans who, long after Mark has offered his forgiveness or Gaff and Brayshaw bury the hatchet, will still be on here claiming to speak for Brayshaw’s mental well-being. Believe it or not, some people can understand that Brayshaw is the victim of a terrible hit, while accepting the context in which it took place and even be critical of the media circus surrounding it.

Here’s a hint; if you’re carrying around more hurt and anger for someone you don’t know than even his immediate family, it might be time to take a step back and assess just how important football is in your life.
Football is symbolism.

So the Brayshaw-Gaff incident is a metaphor what is going in society and peoples live.

If gaff is a real man he will stay on in perth and face up to what he's done for years to come. We will be sure to remind him of his sucker punch at every given opportunity whether it be at the game or on the streets. I doubt we will have the chance though. He will run back east like the coward he is.

No one's praising him at all, he did what the majority of players would have done after his dog act, he went on to cop what was always coming.
Get over yourself.
"No one's praising him" ... WTF ... I just quoted you saying "good on him", nevermind the constant Gaff's a good bloke, of good character, your CEO telling BS about being mates and playing golf with Andrew Brayshaw, his Eagles team mates celebrating his goal like they just won a GF, your supporters also giving a standing ovation ... but hey, yeah, through the eyes of a Slime supporter ... "no praising", "get over yourself".

If gaff is a real man he will stay on in perth and face up to what he's done for years to come. We will be sure to remind him of his sucker punch at every given opportunity whether it be at the game or on the streets. I doubt we will have the chance though. He will run back east like the coward he is.

Get over it mate. He made a big mistake and has paid the price at the tribunal. The Brayshaws have accepted his apology and moved on, you need to do the same.

At the end of the day it’s just a game of footy, it shouldn’t consume your whole life. There’s no need to want to bother him in the streets. That’s crazy.

Get over it mate. He made a big mistake and has paid the price at the tribunal. The Brayshaws have accepted his apology and moved on, you need to do the same.

At the end of the day it’s just a game of footy, it shouldn’t consume your whole life. There’s no need to want to bother him in the streets. That’s crazy.
Yeah that's our job. Stay off our turf!! :mad:

Please stop. You aren't grasping the complexities of this entire situation. No one ever gave a crap how Barry Hall felt because his continuous similar indiscretions proved that any remorse he may have felt was temporary.
Andrew Gaff is completely different. Did he mean to hit him? Probably. Did he mean to sock him right in the U.S. causing that eventual damage? No way. His remorse is completely genuine and he will cop his suspension and attempt to move forward with his footy career.
People are worried about his mental health because in this modern age of social media, Gaff has been copping it worse than Hall ever did, and there is evidence that repeated and vicious bullying on social media can lead to severe depression/anxiety/suicide. He deserves an 8 week suspension, but he doesn't deserve his entire life to be turned upside down.

Stop with this defending Gaff, please!
"Did he mean to hit him? Probably." WTF ... he lined him up and threw a haymaker at him. Not probably. Without any doubt he tried to hit him. Even Gaff admitted at the tribunal he tried to hit him. So stop with this pathetic attempt to dilute what Gaff has done.
"His remorse is completely genuine." ... remorse for what? Because he showed no remorse on the field when he knew he had snotted Brayshaw in the mouth, cut his own knuckle he had hit him so hard, then simply runs away from Brayshaw who is lying on the ground. If that is your concept of completely genuine remorse then your opinion is obviously subjective and a long way from what my own eyes saw.

Don't you people understand that I had accepted Gaff's punch as a mistake. A bad brainfade. But your constant efforts to downplay this by directing sympathy and support towards Gaff just makes me want to hate the guy. Stop with this unwarranted defending of Gaff and it will be much easier for us all to just accept Gaff has got 8 weeks, Brayshaw has got serious injuries. That is what it is and won't change. If Gaff is getting bullied on social media ... tough, he should of thought about that before he swung that fist, but claims of "he doesn't deserve his entire life to be turned upside down" ... again WTF. Gaff will most likely be playing in 2019 with a new contract worth close to $1m per year. Get Real people. Meanwhile who knows what sort of life long ongoing medical problems Brayshaw is going to have.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Make sure to tune in to Channel 10 tonight to hear from Andrew Brayshaw.
Trust me when I say we pulled out all stops to interview him much earlier than this so that the anaesthetic was still making speech difficult for him, but better late than never I suppose.

Good stuff you big hero you, show that dirty thug how much of a scumbag he is by having abuse thrown at him over the fence by a 38 year old man :thumbsu:

How long did it take you and the eagles supporters to forgive Jonas?

Asking for a mate

To be fair, Mark Brayshaw has forgiven Gaff & has handles it quite well for a father. I’m not sure his wife would have forgiven, but that’s just an assumption.

Angus is still filthy (as his interview stated) & will probably meet Gaff and talk it out soon. Will he forgive? Dunno. Might just accept his apology.

Hamish, no idea. Tough spot for him.

The one that matters we will hear from tonight on the news. I’m sure AB will accept Gaffs apology & try to begin to forgive. Be interesting when they play against each other again

Bitterness consumes the vessel which contains it.

Stop with this defending Gaff, please!
"Did he mean to hit him? Probably." WTF ... he lined him up and threw a haymaker at him. Not probably. Without any doubt he tried to hit him. Even Gaff admitted at the tribunal he tried to hit him. So stop with this pathetic attempt to dilute what Gaff has done.
"His remorse is completely genuine." ... remorse for what? Because he showed no remorse on the field when he knew he had snotted Brayshaw in the mouth, cut his own knuckle he had hit him so hard, then simply runs away from Brayshaw who is lying on the ground. If that is your concept of completely genuine remorse then your opinion is obviously subjective and a long way from what my own eyes saw.

Don't you people understand that I had accepted Gaff's punch as a mistake. A bad brainfade. But your constant efforts to downplay this by directing sympathy and support towards Gaff just makes me want to hate the guy. Stop with this unwarranted defending of Gaff and it will be much easier for us all to just accept Gaff has got 8 weeks, Brayshaw has got serious injuries. That is what it is and won't change. If Gaff is getting bullied on social medai ... tough, he should of thought about that before he swung that fist, but claims of "he doesn't deserve his entire life to be turned upside down" ... again WTF. Gaff will most likely be playing in 2019 with a new contract worth close to $1m per year. Get Real people. Meanwhile who knows what sort of life long ongoing medical problems Brayshaw is going to have.
If you keep raging you'll develop a stomach ulcer bruv

OMG LOL

I will love it if he stays at WC and continues to dominate Freo and confirm another WC victory over the little brother from down the road

Gaff running away is the one action you point to as indicating he is not remorseful.

It is explainable and didn't even warrant a question from the AFL's QC during cross examination.

steady on mate

Really?

Didn't look like a lot of force in the Bugg hit. Gaff on the other hand successfully rearranged Brayshaw's face...

In the end I think they were both going for the chest hit.

Gaff obviously did more damage, just think Buggs was much more of a cowardly snipe.

I'm more interested in the intentions than the outcome. Still think Gaff could've got 10, but I will stop short of invoking the literally Hitler arguement. Some of the rhetoric around here is disgraceful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back