Play Nice Was that Gaffs last game for WC?

Remove this Banner Ad

Good on Brayshaw for forgiving Gaff. He does seem a tad naive saying that he doesn't believe anyone in the game aims to hit someone in the face, or Melbourne players are just extremely unlucky with how they repeatedly accidently punch opponents in the face.

No, if Gaff had have chosen to not go back on the field, he would have got some respect from me. I would have believed he was remorseful. I was watching it live on TV and thinking it at the time. So, no, not "everyone knows that's how it would have played out".

You've definitely never played footy, if you had you know how far off the mark your above comment is.
The footy fraternity, the guys who play the game would have labelled him a dead set coward, guaranteed.

Reading Freo posters trying to dish out lessons in morality is funnier than watching their team try to football on game day

In AFL football you dont want to burn bridges. The game is a domestic one and there's only so many opportunities bestowed during and after playing. Smart move by Brayshaw to calm the waters. Who knows, he could one day play for the eagles, you never know (aka schofield). Even Jetta, enemy as a swan with the war dance, became an eagle.

How long did it take you and the eagles supporters to forgive Jonas?

Asking for a mate
I can't speak for other Eagles fans but I was never angry at Jonas enough to have to forgive him. It was a dirty hit, he copped his punishment, and that was that. I felt bad for Gaff but I stopped thinking about it after the game was finished because football doesn't consume my life in that way. The theatre of football means he was probably booed on his return (though how you separate that from our regular booing, I'm not sure). But I certainly wasn't maintaining the rage for days and weeks after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long did it take you and the eagles supporters to forgive Jonas?

Asking for a mate
I don't think I ever felt personally victimised by Jonas and so i never felt a need to forgive him lol.

Sure Jonas was in the wrong, I wasn't happy with it, once he was suspended I'd say i moved on pretty much right away. When ever his name comes up now in footy i pretty much never even think of the incident. Vickery I felt pretty similarly about, even Oliver after the controversial staging incident. Only one I'd say I think about the incident more regularly when their name pops up would be the Hall/Staker one, largely due to him earning the nickname 'Big Bad Barry' for multiple incidents.

Surely if Brayshaw and his family can move on so can Freo fans.

Last edited:
Surely if Brayshaw and his family can move on so can Freo fans.

You would hope so but there is still a substantial element, on BF at least, who are like an in heat bitch that has found a 3 week old fish carcass and just cant stop rolling in the stink. Its almost like they would rather the incident happened so they could rage at WC rather than it not happen at all.

Gaff is scum. As are West Coast and their supporters.

Dumbest supporter base in the competition slightly shading Essendon.

I don’t buy into the brain fade garbage. It was a premeditated vicious assault and the West Coast defence at the tribunal basically admitted as much by resorting to “he was provoked” angle.

Bloke should never play again or worse be forced to finish his career at Port Adelaide with the rest of the bottom feeders and their supporters.
Not alot wrong with this post.

I don’t buy into the brain fade garbage. It was a premeditated vicious assault and the West Coast defence at the tribunal basically admitted as much by resorting to “he was provoked” angle.

Bloke should never play again or worse be forced to finish his career at Port Adelaide with the rest of the bottom feeders and their supporters.
We try, thanks :) We're so dumb that we win an 10 additional free kicks per game for our team whilst being quiet and lacking atmosphere because we're too old. It's harder than it sounds.
Must admit Gaff's tendency towards premeditated violence has been severely lacking up until this stage in his career. If he keeps this new found form up he might even become a future hall of famer!

We try, thanks :) We're so dumb that we win an 10 additional free kicks per game for our team whilst being quiet and lacking atmosphere because we're too old. It's harder than it sounds.
Must admit Gaff's tendency towards premeditated violence has been severely lacking up until this stage in his career. If he keeps this new found form up he might even become a future hall of famer!

Case in point.

I reassert my comment that West Coast supporters are the dumbest in the competition.

So funny. This thread has turned into a parade of WC posters telling Fremantle posters that they should move on.
The family can so I'm sure you can do the same.
Whats funnier though is the debutante posters such as below that have suddenly popped up...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back