Teams Washington Commanders - Приветствую командиров ™

Remove this Banner Ad

I lol how the organization acts like this rebrand is an exciting new chapter that fans will/should jump on with excitement, embrace it, and help make it their own by submitting ideas for fight song, logo, etc ...like they didn't even listen to the fans in the first place when deciding this rebrand.

Commanders is perfect when you think about it like this.

First off I hate it, but one of the problems I’ve got with it is it’s just a word, a name. Where’s the imagery? The Patriots have Pat, the Bucs have Bucco Bruce. A commander is a person, a rank. All it does is fetishise the military it’s not a fun name. Even the San Antonio Commanders of the AAF had a much better concept.

Sent from my Louis Vuitton Jaffle Maker

The more details that come out the less I like it.

Nike really did a poor job on the uniforms too imho. Main helmet looks ok. Burgandy uniform the only one you can say 'yeah...ok'. But should have the smaller 'Washington' on it aswell and would benefit from some kind of detail on the pants.

Even the mannequins are mismatched and shite

commanders-uniforms.jpg

I was quietly hoping to be impressed by this but, typically of the Snyder regime, I'm not.

Despite seeing myself as a loyal sports supporter (I went through the s**t times as a Fitzroy supporter, and still hold a flame for them) I've given up being a RedskinsWashington supporter in recent seasons. I've ridden the lows, and lowers, as a RedskinsWashington fan since JKC was no longer the owner, but the increasing ineptitude coming from the team, both on and off field, became too much. I'd followed this team for 30 years, I'd hoped there would be some reveal that may lure me back, but this rebrand is awful.

I get that the Redskins name has no place in this modern world, but this feels like a new team. Like how I see the Brisbane Lions not being Fitzroy.
I don't see anything "Redskins" about the Commanders. The logo and name feel like the generic army motifs we've seen in various leagues combined with the Salute to Services branding.
The past uniforms were one of the best in the league, especially the away uniform, (and was part of what lured me to the team), but these are generic Nike uniforms and they are so dull and bland - that away uniform is terrible, and the black for black sake uniform feels forced.

I feel the team I grew to love is gone, and I've moved on. I know it doesn't mean much being somebody 16,000km away, but I'm over this team.

I was quietly hoping to be impressed by this but, typically of the Snyder regime, I'm not.

Despite seeing myself as a loyal sports supporter (I went through the sh*t times as a Fitzroy supporter, and still hold a flame for them) I've given up being a RedskinsWashington supporter in recent seasons. I've ridden the lows, and lowers, as a RedskinsWashington fan since JKC was no longer the owner, but the increasing ineptitude coming from the team, both on and off field, became too much. I'd followed this team for 30 years, I'd hoped there would be some reveal that may lure me back, but this rebrand is awful.

I get that the Redskins name has no place in this modern world, but this feels like a new team. Like how I see the Brisbane Lions not being Fitzroy.
I don't see anything "Redskins" about the Commanders. The logo and name feel like the generic army motifs we've seen in various leagues combined with the Salute to Services branding.
The past uniforms were one of the best in the league, especially the away uniform, (and was part of what lured me to the team), but these are generic Nike uniforms and they are so dull and bland - that away uniform is terrible, and the black for black sake uniform feels forced.

I feel the team I grew to love is gone, and I've moved on. I know it doesn't mean much being somebody 16,000km away, but I'm over this team.
There are thousands of DMV or US fans who are doing the same. Worry not.

Despite seeing myself as a loyal sports supporter (I went through the sh*t times as a Fitzroy supporter, and still hold a flame for them) I've given up being a RedskinsWashington supporter in recent seasons. I've ridden the lows, and lowers, as a RedskinsWashington fan since JKC was no longer the owner, but the increasing ineptitude coming from the team, both on and off field, became too much. I'd followed this team for 30 years, I'd hoped there would be some reveal that may lure me back, but this rebrand is awful.

It does feel abit like they misread the assignment as 'Rebrand and distance yourself from the past'

Instead of 'Change your name please'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol fan made....

That jump cut from the flying ball to the flying jet is up there with Stanley Kubrik's of the flying bone to the space station in the movie 2001 A Space Odyssey

ive watched this 5 times at least now, its absolutely perfect. Rivera barking instructions and footage of him in army camo :fire:

Just noticed the DC flag on the sleeve of the black uniform
Hate it
Really comes off as militaristic.

100% the intention of the Black uniform.

The 'W' on the helmet located where the officer insginia used to be on the helmet.

The 'Commanders' placed like a name tape and the flag on the sleeve.

2.2.22 - rebrand reveal

2.3.22 - congressional hearing on WFT workplace conduct etc

I'm sorry Washington fans, that's a terrible new name and terrible new take on the uniform.

Black for black's sake - nothing previously was black, so let's jump on other teams using black and look 'cool'.

Could've easily become the Redtails, Redwolves or Warriors, which to me are three better names than Commander.

First thought was Tank commander, followed by Commie. What even is a commander? What do you picture when you think commander?

Once, again, sorry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back