Autopsy We are Jacks complete lack of surprise - demolished after quarter time by Melbourne - the end draws ever closer

Remove this Banner Ad

Who said anything about quick fixes?

The scores after quarter time were;
North 5.6 - 36
Melbourne 14.10 - 94

I don't think its hard to see why some are being critical.
This was simply a game of ...good team took s**t team lightly....good team then decided they needed to exert some effort...good team put 10 goals on s**t team in 2 quarters of effortless footy. Nothing more - nothing less.

Alot of campaigners on here have never played a game of team sport in their life and it shows through the idiotic comments they make.

I watched the game.

Phillips made his presence felt.
Thomas seemed disinterested and fumbly for most of the game.

You are free to have a different opinion.
Phillips was in and around the contest most of the day. TT popped up now and again. TT did some decent things but in cameos.

I'd like to see TT present as frequently as Scott or LDU. How good would that be?

This was simply a game of ...good team took s**t team lightly....good team then decided they needed to exert some effort...good team put 10 goals on s**t team in 2 quarters of effortless footy. Nothing more - nothing less.

Alot of campaigners on here have never played a game of team sport in their life and it shows through the idiotic comments they make.
Earlier in the round, one s**t team comprehensively beat a good team, and another incredibly s**t team should've beaten a meh team if not for the worst ball up in history. It's not inappropriate to be pissed off at some of the crap the boys served up today. Why is it necessary for those rubbish errors to creep in, when Hawthorn, who I believe to be the holders of the 'most goalless quarters this year' title, can do that to Collingwood? Club's broken mate, and you don't have to be a former sportsman to realise that

Geez it was a flat game to attend, even the godees fans weren’t really up for it, which made the inevitable capitulation after a genuinely high intensity start more manageable.
We set up well from the middle but have zero game plan exiting D50, just bomb to a turnover with no targets and do lots of pointing a miss tackles.

Can’t believe we’re not even at the end yet, another shitty 3 weeks to go.

Earlier in the round, one s**t team comprehensively beat a good team, and another incredibly s**t team should've beaten a meh team if not for the worst ball up in history. It's not inappropriate to be pissed off at some of the crap the boys served up today. Why is it necessary for those rubbish errors to creep in, when Hawthorn, who I believe to be the holders of the 'most goalless quarters this year's title, can do that to Collingwood? Club's broken mate, and you don't have to be a former sportsman to realise that
Don't worry - I agree with you. It's the campaigners on here who after 18 losses in a row by an average of 30 points each are trying to say we are 'miles ahead of last year', have 'improved significantly' - it's all bullshit from the same campaigners who post the same s**t every year.

On a few occassions todays Clarko looked like he was swapping players around to see how they would perform on other players. Pickett had 3 different players on him at stages ( Archer, Tucker, Ziebell and Goater) during the game but ended up with Archer back on him...Petracca was being well held by McDonald but l think either Tucker or Corr went to him at 1 stage before he got dangerous..So no doubt Clarko wants to see how players play...
Smart man, good post.

Don't worry - I agree with you. It's the campaigners on here who after 18 losses in a row by an average of 30 points each are trying to say we are 'miles ahead of last year', have 'improved significantly' - it's all bullshit from the same campaigners who post the same s**t every year.
* me, I genuinely thought you were on the other side of the fence and moaning about all the negativity. Apologies for directing my angst at you

After quarter time was a bit damning.
We literally never have exciting, unexpected wins. We are never, ever, ever pleasantly surprised.

The most we get? A quarter. Maybe a quarter and a half. That’s it. The only surprises we ever get are new ways to be let down (eg the Sydney game).

When Melbourne kicked that goal with 20 seconds to go before half time.. you all know the feels. Twenty fking seconds. It’s been years of this same feeling. It’s like we’re trying to break the record of ‘amount of opposition scores allowed in the shortest time possible’.

Don’t talk about ‘hope’ or ‘the future’. Hawthorn beat Collingwood this week. Fremantle beat Geelong last week. Cmon man, when is our turn?
Don’t talk about the umps. Didn’t seem to be an issue on the first quarter. Winners win. Where the actual F is our rousing, against the grain win?

If people are happy with today, that’s why we are where we are and probably deserve it. Losers lose.

Last edited:
As they say in the classics

Oh well

A fair few more put their hands up as not being good enough today

Archer tried his absolute dick off. Scott ran hard all day. McDonald was good in the first half.

Stephenson was dog vomit. Curtis awful. Taylor couldn't pick up a footy cleanly if you had a gun to his head. Xerri isn't up to it. Thomas was trash. Goldstein anonymous after half time. Ford anonymous after quarter time. Phillips ineffective. Larkey ineffective. Lazzaro sucks. Tucker is crap

Oh well
Pretty generous summary.

Frustrating when at the very start of the first quarter Petracca is allowed to just drop the ball on the ground. We got no love until out of the game, then for some reason they decided to allow us a handful of cheap shots when the game was cooked. Poor umpiring.
Fact is if tou could compete on talent you wouldnt give a rats on decisions going either way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time players get fined for simple fumbles - Taylor you’ll be paying to play, ffs you’re crap

Curtis and sleevo any chance you can look interested

Ford always shows something - love his endeavour and attack on the ball
Lmac and Jack started off well
Scott will win our bnf - I’d get sleevo to shadow him next preseason and tell him the other wings yours if you want it

Scott will win our bnf - I’d get sleevo to shadow him next preseason and tell him the other wings yours if you want it
The only thing with this is isn’t Stepho older?
If he hasn’t got an idea about how to play by now, the door is coming

We literally never have exciting, unexpected wins. We are never, ever, ever pleasantly surprised.

The most we get? A quarter. Maybe a quarter and a half. That’s it. The only surprises we ever get are new ways to be let down (eg the Sydney game).

When Melbourne kicked that goal with 20 seconds to go before half time.. you all know the feels. Twenty fking seconds. It’s been years of this same feeling. It’s like we’re trying to break the record of ‘amount of opposition scores allowed in the shortest time possible’.

Don’t talk about ‘hope’ or ‘the future’. Hawthorn beat Collingwood this week. Fremantle beat Geelong last week. Cmon man, when is our turn?
Don’t talk about the umps. Didn’t seem to be an issue on the first quarter. Winners win. Where the actual F is our rousing, against the grain win?

If people are happy with today, that’s why we are where we are and probably deserve it. Losers lose.
Have to disagree that we have no surprises, i for one are bamboozeled we continue to hire brown and rawlings.

I watched the game.

Phillips made his presence felt.
Thomas seemed disinterested and fumbly for most of the game.

You are free to have a different opinion.
I reckon our best passages of play in the last quarter all seemed to involve Thomas. We cannot afford to ship that quality out of our Club.

Time players get fined for simple fumbles - Taylor you’ll be paying to play, ffs you’re crap

Curtis and sleevo any chance you can look interested

Ford always shows something - love his endeavour and attack on the ball
Lmac and Jack started off well
Cant really fine em, we are flat out meeting the min tpp as it is.

Yep - the serial self titled 'positive' posters on here - who speak absolute dribble on a weekly basis and are still doing it 4 years on! If we had anything like 1/100 of their so called positive comments come to fruition we wouldn't have lost 18 in a row and be the basket case we are.

But of course the 'must find positives' crap continues to spew out - always oblivious to our actual performance over the past 4 years.

As you say these posters are just losers who are happy losing and there will always be plenty of these campaigners in life and they are best avoided.

Cant really fine em, we are flat out meeting the min tpp as it is.
It just goes into the pot and gives additional match payments to the sub/debuting player
Or goes into the pockets of the players who get coaches votes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back