Roast 6 from 17. Despite Momentum We are REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY s**t - Warning includes club criticisms

When will Matthew Nicks be sacked?

• Before the end of 2022

• End of 2022

• Middle of 2023

• End of 2023

• Middle of 2024

• End of his contract (2024)

• He will last beyond his current contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

If we land Rankine, then none of Rowe, Murphy and McHenry should be getting many, if any, games next season (Rowe shouldn't be offered a new contract anyway). Hopefully Newchurch can continue to progress next season and get more games as he's shown this year that there is definitely a player there. Rankine, Rachele and Newchurch is an infinitely more exciting small forward trio than the three we currently have.
Every year we don't recruit a gun midfielder blows our rebuild out by 2 to 3 years.

Who are the biggest player haters on this forum?

Keays: Beardedclam
Crouch: NRabbit
Ned: Skittlebrew
Frampton: Scorpus
Chayce: Froggy
I dont hate keays at all..

dont even know the bloke.. never even met him.
word is he’s a great bloke.. great club man.. really well liked around the place.

I just think he’s not an AFL standard footballer.

Brisbane lions agreed with me and delisted him..

16 other clubs didnt bother chasing him after his delisting so they probably agree too!.

The Crows gave him one last lifeline and its been a cool good luck story where he’s definitely gotten everything he can out of himself and he can be proud of himself for that.

I’m certainly not the only one here with this opinion.. and slowly but surely more people here will agree with me than don't that he isn’t AFL standard… some just don’t know it yet. but they’ll get there..

I‘m willing to bet the penny probably dropped for a few more last night.

word is he’s a great bloke.. great club man.. really well liked around the place.

16 other clubs didnt bother chasing him after his delisting so they probably agree too!.

The Crows gave him one last lifeline and its been a cool good luck story where he’s definitely gotten everything he can out of himself and he can be proud of himself for that.

I’m certainly not the only one here with this opinion.. and slowly but surely more people here will agree with me than don't that he isn’t AFL standard… some just don’t know it yet. but they’ll get there..

Totally disagree, let me argue my point
so ah……………………………hm
well he …………………………nuh
🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
nah I’ve got nothing

No one is saying it's personal but you have the most number of negative Keays posts by the length of the Flemington straight, sorry but I have no choice but to award you the top Keays hater. My rulings are final.

Plus Geelong also got two second round picks in addition to Cameron in exchange for those 3 first rounders.

Given them our 2023 First and our 2022 second rounder.

We only have 3 picks in this years draft - 5, 23 and 77.

We can’t give up pick 5.

Gold Coast have a plethora of picks this year - 7, 25, 31, 34, 43, 49, 67, 70 and 79.

I don't think we'll have much of a choice.

There's most probably a chance that some of those GC picks come to us as part of the trade.

I just don't think GC will want our 2023 pick, they'll more than likely want 5.

No one is saying it's personal but you have the most number of negative Keays posts by the length of the Flemington straight, sorry but I have no choice but to award you the top Keays hater. My rulings are final.
Yep, there’s a difference between ‘hating’ a player and ‘hating on’ a player’s ability

My view is that if he and we aren’t prepared to risk the PSD then we need to walk away as Suns will definitely be demanding our 1st.

Ridiculous. You don’t offer a bloke 5 years @700/800k and then not think you are going to give a first round pick.

Would be rank amateurs to think that

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Ridiculous. You don’t offer a bloke 5 years @700/800k and then not think you are going to give a first round pick.

Would be rank amateurs to think that

Yep spot on. The people that get things done are all working on getting izak to Adelaide which will very likely happen without PSD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From what we have seen of him so far, Rankine has freakish abilities and has the potential to be a guy that can put bums on seats and win a game off of his own boot.

Three years ago we were tripping ourselves willing to sell the farm to bring him in and now we're trying to say that he's not worth Pick 5?

I think he's definitely worth the pick, but I do see the other side of the coin as to whether he is more important to us going forward than taking a blue chip midfielder at 5, but clearly the club has made the decision that Rankine is more important.

You don’t always get to choose when you take these types of players. Getting him at 22 is perfect. Just means we need to target a mid through trade, draft next year or ideally use next years pick and gets Phillipou this year

But you can’t pick and choose when you trade for A grade talent

You don’t always get to choose when you take these types of players. Getting him at 22 is perfect. Just means we need to target a mid through trade, draft next year or ideally use next years pick and gets Phillipou this year

But you can’t pick and choose when you trade for A grade talent

Yeah that's true. If we were to get him now is the time to strike.

For an uncontracted player, how do GC think they are going to get two 1st round draft picks?

Is that what we asked for Lever? And the premise was Melbourne had offered him a massive long term contract so therefore they needed to cough up?
Albeit two picks between 10-16 is very different to a top 5 pick

Just like we were with Dawson when Sydney asked for pick 4?
Reality is the PSD is hardly ever used - and certainly not very often for high end talent

Possible but highly unlikely we would go down that path

North were prepared to take Dawson in the PSD.

We are behind a few in the PSD, its not an option.

Who are the biggest player haters on this forum?

Keays: Beardedclam
Crouch: NRabbit
Ned: Skittlebrew
Frampton: Scorpus
Chayce: Froggy
I'm a contender for Ned hate. It makes me cringe and very nervous every time I see him with ball in hand. It's like, what sort of stupid thing are you going to do this time Ned?

Contracted plus no ? mark as to commitment and work ethic. So his value holds. If he improves only marginally after 2 more years and queries exist over commitment then we’d be looking at mid teens. What did we pay for former pick 6(?) Troy Menzel?

No question mark? There were lots of question marks about Rachele drop off this year after his great start. If you compare both of their first 5 games they were remarkably similar.

I'm a contender for Ned hate. It makes me cringe and very nervous every time I see him with ball in hand. It's like, what sort of stupid thing are you going to do this time Ned?

Everyone has a player that they don't rate, but the list is for the top haters for this forum. Not sure if you have externalized your distain for Ned enough, maybe I can give you a podium.

Oof, surely Vader gets a mention for his dislike of Frampton!

I felt very down after Saturday night's result with Port slicing us up with their precision and decision making and doubling our score, but after reading this morning's Advertiser I'm suddenly on top of the world.

Our rebuild is apparently going tremendously well and all we need is a bit more 'polish' to become a finals contender. Wow, I never knew we were that close and that 'polish' is so easy to add to a team. Look out all you crap teams blocking our way, Hawks, Rankineless Gold Coast, Port, Saints, Carlton, Dogs, were about to leap all of you into the finals next year, woohoo

Futures so bright, gotta wear shades :cool:

I felt very down after Saturday night's result with Port slicing us up with their precision and decision making and doubling our score, but after reading this morning's Advertiser I'm suddenly on top of the world.

Our rebuild is apparently going tremendously well and all we need is a bit more 'polish' to become a finals contender. Wow, I never knew we were that close and that 'polish' is so easy to add to a team. Look out all you crap teams blocking our way, Hawks, Rankineless Gold Coast, Port, Saints, Carlton, Dogs, were about to leap all of you into the finals next year, woohoo

Futures so bright, gotta wear shades :cool:
Don't forget our secret weapon "Nicksy".

Back