Roast 6 from 17. Despite Momentum We are REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY s**t - Warning includes club criticisms

When will Matthew Nicks be sacked?

• Before the end of 2022

• End of 2022

• Middle of 2023

• End of 2023

• Middle of 2024

• End of his contract (2024)

• He will last beyond his current contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure , though this extract was from Feb last year -

The proposal, announced by club chairman John Olsen earlier this month, will limit member-elected directors to eight years on the board, equivalent to four two-year terms.

Board-appointed directors will be limited to 12 years on the board, equivalent to four three-year terms.

The term limits proposal still needs formal approval at the general meeting as it will alter the club’s constitution.

If successful, club legend Mark Ricciuto (appointed 2014) and SAPOL assistant commissioner Linda Fellows (appointed 2015) would be the first in line to depart the board.

In a club-issued media release earlier this month, Olsen said the proposal represented good governance.

https://www.indaily.com.au/news/2023/02/22/diverse-competition-for-crows-board-spot -

So the Constitution has been amended in terms of this (refer point 23 on page 19).

And Roo is first to go in 2026 as if you elected or appointed or both, the maximum you can serve is 12 years.

I made it in 2022
Our gameplan was very much better to watch last year, and meant we were capable of beating some quality teams

Exception rather than the norm, it seems though. Nothing the coaches are saying should give confidence we’ll go back to what worked better

Our gameplan was very much better to watch last year, and meant we were capable of beating some quality teams

Exception rather than the norm, it seems though. Nothing the coaches are saying should give confidence we’ll go back to what worked better

We had more depth last year that Nicks could exploit. Now he has to develop which was his job in the first place. The squad is proving we have all the holes in it that we thought it did. Our best 22 is as good as anyones. But with Murray, Milera, Thilthorpe and Murphy out he is left with his thumb up his ass looking stupid because he has not made an effort to develop anyone since 2021 the media and club hasn't demanded. basically Rachele. Soligo and Thilthorpe. Even then he was dragged kicking and screaming to play Thilthorpe.

Fun Facts with Grotto

Crows are 1-9 in their past 10 away games.

Depressingly in that one solitary away win, the Eagles were leading at HT and only down by a few points at 3/4 time of that game.

Our away form is a joke.

CrowinNT
Didn't Tex kick 9 goals in that game? HTH were we down at half time?

Just how bad exactly, would a club need to be to experience no notable bounce from 3 years under World Famous High Performance Guru, Darren "Burgo" Burges' reveared training regime?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pissing away the umpires, extra home game and the fitness guru years.
The holy trifecta of incompetence!
Great Success Win GIF

I honestly feel so depressed again. Let myself get carried Way after the Carlton game that somehow we might get back to 3-4 and season on. What a joke. Everything this club does is amateur and pathetic. How many more friggin. years do we have to be a national laughing stock? Awful board only interested in getting good seats in the Western Stand, Recruiter who clearly is inept. Worst development system in the league. Worst midfield and other line coaches. Shocking head coach. Continually bettered by the Sh@thouse club down the road. And what f@cking future? Is this group, and potentially the addition of another useless kid from a good family going to change a single thing? Of course not. Nothing is honestly ever going to change, and me like an idiot will keep watching because I want to be loyal. I am sick of it. Every year since bloody Clinton was President and iphones didnt even exist has been a bitter disappointment. Rant done.

I honestly feel so depressed again. Let myself get carried Way after the Carlton game that somehow we might get back to 3-4 and season on. What a joke. Everything this club does is amateur and pathetic. How many more friggin. years do we have to be a national laughing stock? Awful board only interested in getting good seats in the Western Stand, Recruiter who clearly is inept. Worst development system in the league. Worst midfield and other line coaches. Shocking head coach. Continually bettered by the Sh@thouse club down the road. And what f@cking future? Is this group, and potentially the addition of another useless kid from a good family going to change a single thing? Of course not. Nothing is honestly ever going to change, and me like an idiot will keep watching because I want to be loyal. I am sick of it. Every year since bloody Clinton was President and iphones didnt even exist has been a bitter disappointment. Rant done.
The only positive is the club can’t hide from 1-5 with 3 home losses.

No matter the spin, no matter the jerk off, reality is we are s**t. Everyone involved in this rebuild has to get sacked. Hamish, Reid, Nicks, Kelly and Roo are not up to it.

The only positive is the club can’t hide from 1-5 with 3 home losses.

No matter the spin, no matter the jerk off, reality is we are s**t. Everyone involved in this rebuild has to get sacked. Hamish, Reid, Nicks, Kelly and Roo are not up to it.
They arent going to though. We all know that right( Not a single one. Hamish will still be there picking short slow mids or kpp we wont play or develop. Reid will still be trading in hacks or guys @killing” the VFL, but missing anyone like a Day or a Redman (let alone an Oliver) that we actually need. Nicks Kelly and Roo will still be in a circle jerk about fixing the culture (but you know, wont win anything(. Olsen will still be leading the board and not standing up to the AFL, SANFL, hell not even the SA Govt to demand a bloody training centre after 6 years of talking. Gooden and co will keep playing SANFL top ups in the midfield, as opposed to, I dont know…young AFL listed midfielders. it honestly is never ever going to end. We are going to be, if we arent already, totally irrelevant - the Panthers / Saints rolled into one giant mess of a sh&t club that wins nothing forever. Mark my words, Port can and will go past us. We are 100 per cent doomed.

We’re really an 0-6 team, we lose that Carlton game 19 times out of 20. That was a fluke result
If we gave someone who didn't know the score in any of our games and didn't know the clubs, the key team statistics on the AFL site minus scores of all our games they'd come to the conclusion we lost every game. By a lot.

On CPH2371 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back