birdmanptr

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2004
My opinion and Daffodils
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool Lockleys FC
On sunday we will find out just where we are as we will be near full strength [Hart and Torney only 2 who will be out that would fit into our side and maybe Clarke ]and port no where near full strenght.I hope we can win but as long as we dont get blown away and keep the defeat to no more than 4 or 5 goals it will be not bad result.

birdmanptr said:
On sunday we will find out just where we are as we will be near full strength [Hart and Torney only 2 who will be out that would fit into our side and maybe Clarke ]and port no where near full strenght.I hope we can win but as long as we dont get blown away and keep the defeat to no more than 4 or 5 goals it will be not bad result.

What a defeatist attitude. No loss is a good result and that is you first problem. Sure Crows can win. We are undermanned and its a derby ..

birdmanptr said:
On sunday we will find out just where we are as we will be near full strength [Hart and Torney only 2 who will be out that would fit into our side and maybe Clarke ]and port no where near full strenght...
Meh, I actually don't care "where we are" with the current first 22. I mean, I always want to win of course, and I hope we do, but "where we are" in terms of the redevelopment of the playing list will not be shown by one game in which S Thompson will probably be the only new recruit playing.

I beleive the Crows have what it takes to beat the Power this weekend, them having injuries adds to the factors of us be able to win. I think the main thing for us is matching their mid-field, when we done this last season in our win against them it completly buggered up their run.

I think we are much better than the Power when it comes to "flukey" football and if we can get the match into that then we definately are a real chance. The main thing for us skill wise is focusing on getting the ball direct into the fifty, but our forwards need to provide something. Welsh, Perrie, Stevens and Macca will no doubt be a worry for the Power in our forwardline, and them not being entirely consistant adds to their worry's of who to man up on the hardest.

The key to Port Adelaide - Stop Tredrea, this is something we will definately need to do.

Arsene Wenger said:
What a defeatist attitude. No loss is a good result and that is you first problem. Sure Crows can win. We are undermanned and its a derby ..
The crows can win you got to be jocking you call it a defeatist attitude i call it reality

I will be satisfied on Sunday afternoon if -

The Crows stick to the long kicking game plan.
Doughty has been dropped.
There has been a noticiable skills improvement on last week.
Tredera is well held.(Whatever NC does I hope Bock isn't on him).

Ideally Adelaide up by the one thing better than a close win, a flogging but realistically as long as we lose the game because Port are a superior team and not because of our mistakes I will be happy.

SpringChoke said:
If we don't win I will be mighty p*ssed off, especially considering the number of outs they have.
Thats my whole point but our 2 key fowards are walking time bombs it seems to me Welsh wont kick through the ball any more as he seems to scared to stretch out same as stevens.Surley Trent H has to be put into a key foward role and left there.In the 2 games so far we have been in our foward line heaps of times and it comes straight out defenders of the other team eyes must light up when they see the Crows go foward.It might even be a set play from the other team let the crows go foward and we will start our attack from defence.

SBR - Tredrea kicked 7 goals in the Crows last Showdown win. I'd say there are many other ways to win other than stopping him.

We were equally injury riddled in the first Showdown last year, in a game that Port were meant to cruise in and we lost quite easily. If you play the way you did in the second half against Collingwood you will come close. Fairly quick, attacking football. If you play the ultra defensive stuff you did in Round 1 and first half against Collingwood then you will most likely lose.

Get on top of our midfield, get the ball in quick and you will have a big chance. Maybe throwing Mcgregor up forward like last year might throw us off a bit.

Im expecting a tight close low scoring game.

Macca19 said:
SBR - Tredrea kicked 7 goals in the Crows last Showdown win. I'd say there are many other ways to win other than stopping him.

We were equally injury riddled in the first Showdown last year, in a game that Port were meant to cruise in and we lost quite easily. If you play the way you did in the second half against Collingwood you will come close. Fairly quick, attacking football. If you play the ultra defensive stuff you did in Round 1 and first half against Collingwood then you will most likely lose.

Get on top of our midfield, get the ball in quick and you will have a big chance. Maybe throwing Mcgregor up forward like last year might throw us off a bit.

Im expecting a tight close low scoring game.
Yep i know there are many other ways, just using that as an example of a main way in which we can do so.

Macca19 said:
We were equally injury riddled in the first Showdown last year, in a game that Port were meant to cruise in and we lost quite easily.

Sorrry to be pedantic Macca, but this hardly looks like an injury-riddled side that played the Crows in R7 last year-:

Bishop, Brogan, Both Burgoynes, Cassisi, Cochrane, Both Cornes, Dew, Ebert, James, Kingsley, Lade, Poulton, Salopek, Schofield, Surjan, Thurstans, Tredrea, Wakelin, Wanganeen & Wilson.

You'd have to agree that your side this week looks weaker than that mob.

Still, can't see us winning though. :(

jo172 said:
I will be satisfied on Sunday afternoon if -

The Crows stick to the long kicking game plan.
Doughty has been dropped.
There has been a noticiable skills improvement on last week.
Tredera is well held.(Whatever NC does I hope Bock isn't on him).

Ideally Adelaide up by the one thing better than a close win, a flogging but realistically as long as we lose the game because Port are a superior team and not because of our mistakes I will be happy.

McGregor cant handle him on a one to one...he needs to be double teamed..Bock represents the best option with his legspeed ,reach balance & recovery as well as adding more height across half back. He's the obvious replacement for Doughtey after last weeks dismal efforts.

I think we can win this game...but we must play three ruckmen, with Biglands starting up forward...Mark Stevens is in danger of getting dropped I reckon to gain form & confidence....not sure if Van Berlo has made such a compelling case for selection...while Torney's recovery is the obvious one for Hart.

I'm certain the Crows & Craigy will be hellbent on winning...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back