Review We need to stop the bleeding

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair point. The constant scoring certainly keeps pressure on the opposition which may in itself be part of the strategy.
The difference is its not neccessarily turnovers doing the damage this year. So playing attacking and high scoring football is not having an influence on how we are being scored against. Its a structural defence problem as soon as we fail to score in the back half. Any good team would at least force them to make a hard kick somewhere after the halfway mark than just run the ball through to goal.

Yeah, he stuffed up the first one he tried for the season and put it away.

Blighty always said he's happy for players to have a crack at them but if you stuff one up put it away for the rest of the day. Not the season!

Pulled one off for our last goal against the Bulldogs.

There was some worrying signs in the freo game which i counted as a loss even though we won...that was followed up by our worst performance since early last year against the dogs who i rate as an ordinary side. Our mids and backs and lack of leg speed on some players is being exploited. Our disposal and stupid dumb football is returning...the club will make finals but that is no great achievement this year! We are not a genuine contender until we clean out any players that will not take us to a premiership such as vb, thommo (sadly), mackay, henderson, grigg, shaw, otten, cheney, hartigan plus players who have been on our list for more than 3 years without at least 10 games. We need to get games into milera (at least 15) riley knight, dear, cameron, and get hampton fit as his speed is needed in the backline urgently. We must trade agressively to get picks for mackay and henderson...draft onballers with speed and skill...we must get active on free agency market....hurley and omeara would be priorities along with players from gws and top line clubs who cannot get a regular game. Lastly tex is not cuuting it for me as captain...he will play better focusing on his own game...i think rory laird would make a great captain along with sloane....both gutsy and lead by example.the future is bright if tough decisions are made now...the club deserves success...don pyke is a good coach...give him the tools to take us too the top that we deserve to be at afc.

Para...*******...graphs.

Not going to be fixed anytime soon, Crouches need another two years each, they are our future. Dangerfield was drafted in 2007 and didn't hit his straps until 2012. And please back off Sloane, he's our best player, proved it against Sydney. We would have comfortably lost that game without him there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back