Analysis We Were Port Adelaide - Facts, Statistics, and Quotes

Remove this Banner Ad

uploads%252Fstory%252Fthumbnail%252F94729%252F87bbadf6-ba42-450c-ba38-804a04599435.png%252F600x338.png

It's a valid stat and important to highlight so we can keep the pressure on as supporters; there should be no Mission Accomplished banner.

But I do take some comfort that this year, we took several steps both on and off field to getting back to the Port Adelaide that we have always known and loved.

Lol that one of them has Gene Simmons with a Port Guernsey on.

We have become 2014 Trent Cotchin.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just to be clear which one of you is the troll? The one making memes and publicly bagging the club at every chance, or the guy who runs a Facebook group for supporters?

I mean reading two direct, correctly attributed quotes, and replying by calling people "dumb *s" is pretty much the exact definition of an internet troll.

What is their obsession with knowing my identity? What does it change for them, exactly?

Facts are facts.

Statistics are statistics.

Quotes are quotes.

You should say something like - in the 150th anniversary documentary Onward to Victory, our champion ex players several times stated that Port Adelaide fans would go back to the Port Club and let the players, coaches and administrators know about their performances - win or lose - after games. Those greats said our fans kept them accountable, they had to face our wrath when they performed below expectations. That's part of the reason why we won so many flags and were able to make the step up from a suburban comp to a national comp, a step no other club outside Victoria was able to do.

We the members and fans don't have the same level of accountability in the 2020's like we did in the 1950's, 1960's, 1970's 1980's and 1990's. We don't have post match functions with all the players at Alberton Oval or even Adelaide Oval. This is my attempt to replicate that style and level of accountability. No happy clapper stuff. Facts, stats and quotes pointing out where expectations have not been meet. This isn't an account to give awards for participation and failures.

Last edited:
Honestly 90%+ of people on twitter are ******* morons. Cant post there and expect anything different.

I mean the ones with their birth year at the end of their name just shouldn't have the internet, they never 'got' it

It is time We Were Port Adelaide was revived, but I will need your help.

Firstly, I would like to briefly explain why its revival last year was so short-lived. While the amount of time required to research, create, and publish content was a factor, my primary reason for stepping away was the abuse I was receiving. Our pea-brained happy-clappers - who were still on a high after their messiah's second third-place finish - were becoming more rabid with each new post.

I shared a selection of their public reactions with you above, but what you didn't see were their private messages. Several of the Ken Oath cultists - including the leader himself - had discovered my identity by that point, so continuing to do what I was doing was simply not worth the risk for me personally or professionally.

In order for We Were Port Adelaide to get off the ground again, I am asking you to become the researchers.

I am hopeless when it comes to uncovering statistics, I don't have the stomach to take quotes from Ken Hinkley's press conferences, and my facts aren't always the most interesting - but I can create okay-ish graphics to present everything. All I ask is that contributions include a reference or source. The more content we can stockpile here, the more pressure we can put on.

Also, if you haven't already, please make sure you follow and share both the Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/wewereportadelaide) and Twitter account (https://www.twitter.com/wewerepafc). The more disgruntled Port Adelaide people we can reach, the more the pressure will build.

Let's take back our club.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back