MRP / Trib. Weightmans dive

Remove this Banner Ad

I see more force applied to Weightman than Hawkins, not that it really matters since the force is basically non existent in both instances.
You think lightly touching the hip is force?

Hawkins was actually pushed out of the contest. Not in the back. So it was a fair push, but he was pushed.

there is zero pushing in weightmans case. He just dives for no reason,

Worst one ive seen this year. Actually propelled himself upwards despite zero contact in the back. He actually dived upwards. Should get suspended for a week.

lets see if it gets the hawkins treatment on big footy and in the media given it was far far worse. My guess is no.

Hawkins still has the best dive of the year in our game.

You think lightly touching the hip is force?

Hawkins was actually pushed out of the contest. Not in the back. So it was a fair push, but he was pushed.

there is zero pushing in weightmans case. He just dives for no reason,
Only that it's more force than the light touch to Hawkins' armpit

People can argue all they want about whether Hawkins or Weightman is worse, but they're forgetting the key element in all of this - Weightman does it nearly every week, whereas Hawk is an exception to the rule.

They're both bad looks for the game and both should be fined, but Weightman has gone on record saying that he does it on purpose, and it's a part of his game. That's where the players wildly differ. One player has a laundry list of staging incidents, whereas the other has an isolated incident that he should have been reprimanded for.

At this stage, one will be remembered for being a champion goal kicker, multiple flag winner and AA winner, whereas the other literally only has a reputation as being a stager and nothing else.

I actually defended the kid at first, but he's wasting his talent with all these little BS antics, that add nothing to his game or his side as a whole. Definitely hope he gets fined this week and cited for it.

The arm flailing is a natural reaction when you are trying to right yourself in the air.

Flopping is a blight on the game nonetheless. Whether it’s Weightman, Ben Brown, Oliver, Hawkins or anyone else for that matter, it’s not good for footy

Worst one ive seen this year. Actually propelled himself upwards despite zero contact in the back. He actually dived upwards. Should get suspended for a week.

lets see if it gets the hawkins treatment on big footy and in the media given it was far far worse. My guess is no.
suck it up snowflake. weightmon was immediately called out by the commentators and has been on here and in the media since the essendon final.

theres more sooks in the geelong fanbase than our entire under 5 population. stop being such whingy campaigners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't feel sorry for this guy at all. Never in my life have I seen a guy blatantly stage and then smile about it with a sense that he's accomplished something. Ginnivan is getting there.
At least Ginnivan and Hawkins do other stuff

This Weightman guy is an absolute clown, he's all flop, nothing else

Blew his grand final by flopping everywhere and learnt nothing from it

Terrible footballer, he won't be around in two years

At least Ginnivan and Hawkins do other stuff

This Weightman guy is an absolute clown, he's all flop, nothing else

Blew his grand final by flopping everywhere and learnt nothing from it

Terrible footballer, he won't be around in two years
Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he's out of the game. I don't even understand Weightmans flopping from a commercial perspective. Like surely it's not in the best interests of the Western Bulldogs as a club to have such a player showcase these traits every week. Bad for optics, bad for sponsors, bad for fans, bad for the league. Bevo should've stamped it out long ago so he is half to blame.

Yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he's out of the game. I don't even understand Weightmans flopping from a commercial perspective. Like surely it's not in the best interests of the Western Bulldogs as a club to have such a player showcase these traits every week. Bad for optics, bad for sponsors, bad for fans, bad for the league. Bevo should've stamped it out long ago so he is half to blame.

I’ve heard Havaianas have approached Weightman for him to be the public image for their next line of flip flops

bevo would rather have a meltdown and abuse a journo than answer a fair and legitimate question about one of his players

Toby McLean is no longer the grubbiest player at that club I see but they’re certainly adding a few with this trait aren’t they?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back