Toast Welcome Lewis Jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

Had a huge fortnight of footy last year ahead of finals, and was easily our best in OT against Port. Was playing a great stretch of footy late this season prior to the R23 injury.

Another terrific finals game today.

Is...is Lewis Jetta dependable now?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When he squibbed the contest in the 3rd I was furious.

Across the game he was much better than that one poor effort but. Beautiful distributor of the ball and not afraid of hitting a danger corridor kick as well.

That little try and double toe poke was pathetic. Took a real player to create a contest in Hurn a second later to save that **** up

I'm mixed on this. Hated when I saw the toe poke but you can't celebrate the little taps (like Yeo's through the leg paddle!!!) then crucify a player when they stuff one up. If he hadn't missed his toe poke, got into space and ran away they'd be hyping the play like he was Cyril Rioli.

When he squibbed the contest in the 3rd I was furious.

Across the game he was much better than that one poor effort but. Beautiful distributor of the ball and not afraid of hitting a danger corridor kick as well.
I think they oversold that.

Was a slippery game, those tap ons to advantage were big all night. Sidebottom wasn't exactly having a presence over the ball either.

I'm mixed on this. Hated when I saw the toe poke but you can't celebrate the little taps (like Yeo's through the leg paddle!!!) then crucify a player when they stuff one up. If he hadn't missed his toe poke, got into space and ran away they'd be hyping the play like he was Cyril Rioli.
When you watch enough football you learn when someone has got to go or when they have an opportunity to pick up the ball.

Jetta is clean as below his knees but only when he wants too

Bump.

Flashback to 2015. We've just been pumped by the Hawks in the GF and we're hurting. An honest assessment of the list and game plan outlines midfield depth and speed and skills out of the backline as recruiting priorities.

Cue Jack Redden and, Lewis Jetta. We traded a first rounder and Sinclair for these two guys to compete for a flag. Jetta's laconic style and personality when playing belies his love for this club and his mates. From playing with his kids out of the ground to his emotional interview in the rooms after the victory, Lewis is 100% Eagle now. Much maligned as being lazy on the field and for not putting his body on the line sometimes as a defender, he was a cool and calm head at the MCG who has mentored Willie Rioli and Liam Ryan into being bona-fide stars in their own right. Premiership won, job done.

He is absolutely worth what we paid for him, he is adding to this team in so many ways. Well done Jetts!!!

Last edited:
Jetts clearly has a vital role to play in the team, both on game day and off the park, and has always found a way to make a mark in big moments. Haven’t seen nearly enough talk of his smother 20m out directly in front inside the dying minutes on Saturday.

As for the suggestions he’s too lazy, or too soft, or arrogant because he celebrates - I said it on the main board and I’ll say it again here;

The bloke has played 174 AFL games, won two flags, played in three Grand Finals and was traded for by a team coming off a GF to be the missing piece.

It’s remarkable how easily elite AFL coaches are tricked into consistently playing front running show boaters who don’t bring much to the table.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back