News Welcome to Carlton Michael Gibbons & Matthew Cottrell

Remove this Banner Ad

Only if Serge gets a gig as well.

Think he already did a Waverley Park Tuesday night game back in first season I followed footy. Tried to stop Parkin playing his son Stephen in 1985 season I believe. SOS still very skinny 17 year old at time. Serge would have been happy for him to play under 19's team for that year if he had his way.

Love these stories. Silvagni Kerr Cottrell. Brilliant

Adding to this, Gary Crane finding out his grandfather Henry played for Carlton.

Henry was Carlton's 31st VFL/AFL player.
Gary wore No. 31 as his first number before Barassi.

Henry died in 1921.
Gary was born mid '40's.

And let's not forget Patrick Cripps and his string of relatives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gibbons will make our RD 1 team?

My guess is yes. Got no reason to think he cannot. Does not need to adjust from playing against teenage bodies. He already been playing against mature bodied players. He seems confident and healthy so no reason he cannot do it. To me it is just like seeing Robert Klomp, Phil Maylin or Wayne Johnston join us when I was a kid and already be in their 20's.

Im happy your team has given Gibbons a chance I have followed him a little and thought this kid is probably better than 20% of the players drafted the last 3 years and similar to Lambert should have had a chance prior to this.

I was also a massive fan of Lambert prior to being taken by the Tigers and could not for the life of me work out how carlton wouldnt give him a shot but im glad you guys have with Gibbons. Same height and weight to kane Lambert and hope he becomes as good a selection as kane

If he plays round 1 Jayden Short will need to keep an eye on him

Im happy your team has given Gibbons a chance I have followed him a little and thought this kid is probably better than 20% of the players drafted the last 3 years and similar to Lambert should have had a chance prior to this.

I was also a massive fan of Lambert prior to being taken by the Tigers and could not for the life of me work out how carlton wouldnt give him a shot but im glad you guys have with Gibbons. Same height and weight to kane Lambert and hope he becomes as good a selection as kane

If he plays round 1 Jayden Short will need to keep an eye on him
Between you and me, I hope he's a better selection than Kane...

I remember i was arguing about Lambert with a fellow Richmond poster 3 years ago and i mentioned to him that this bloke can play and has the ability to become a top line mid and he pretty much told me i was delusional and Lennon was the better player and we should be investing games into Lennon
I said Lennon was a dud from day dot and did not like him.

Im not sure if Gibbons will get to Lambert highs but i do like the kid and think he will have a good career and hope he plays 150 games

I remember i was arguing about Lambert with a fellow Richmond poster 3 years ago and i mentioned to him that this bloke can play and has the ability to become a top line mid and he pretty much told me i was delusional and Lennon was the better player and we should be investing games into Lennon
I said Lennon was a dud from day dot and did not like him.

Im not sure if Gibbons will get to Lambert highs but i do like the kid and think he will have a good career and hope he plays 150 games

We can only be thankful that the tigers took lennon at 12 in the draft leaving us to take cripps at 13. The reverse of that would be unthinkable!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back