Welcome to Collingwood Travis Varcoe

Where will Varcoe play for Collingwood ?

• Option 1. Forward crumber

Votes: 31 24.6%
  • Option 2. Defensive forward

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • Option 3. On the wing

Votes: 70 55.6%
  • Option 4. Half back flanker

Votes: 14 11.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching highlights of Varcoe, I am pretty happy we got him for Lumumba. He will be a good player for us, poor Melbourne are the only losers from that trade, Geelong and Collingwood are clearly the winners.

A draft pick would have been dumb, we need experienced players and we already have more than enough young players plus pick 5 will bring another young player.

So he is soft and not a great user of the ball, he is a front runner looks alright when a side is up and going but won't be toughing it out when we need to fight to grind out wins

Well, What I seen he be 1 of our Better Kicks we have. Well he is better then Young and Armstrong

Not sure why people think Varcoe is a good kick. His efficiency is lower than Lumumba, which doesn't mean too much but he is still rated an average kick by all sources.

Its really just his short kicking that's reliable, he doesn't get much speed or power on his field kicking.

I always respect your measured and calm views Jb54 but I am prepared to go through some really hard years even if just for a long shot draft pick and the hope of future success in a few years. I understand why Buckley doesn't feel he can take this route but I'm disappointed all the same.

that's exactly what we've f'n been doing! 8 first round picks in 3 years.

Very poor trade this one.
We should have upgraded Pick 30 to Pick 23 in this trade.

Like most things in life, he could go either way.

Initial reaction here was No thank you

But he does offer something that we lack to a degree, pace and outside running.

Play him on a wing, get him fit as possible let him run forward and back.

He certainly has lots of experience, which we now badly lack, I just hope he opens his mouth out there, doesn't run round like a big mute, as he could add a lot in that regard.

Overall, from the outside a lot of our players need to step up in that regard, you'd see Heater and Maxy using their voices, but many of the others appear silent, which is just too passive for the good of the team.

Approve or disapprove of the choice of Varcoe, what's done is done and it's important now for the whole a Army to get behind him and support his confidence during the transition.

Can only increase the chances of this being judges successful or otherwise.

Total support here, hope he rips it up for the black and white :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shattered with this trade tbh.
Varcoe is a player who I don't rate at all.
Soft as butter, elite downhill skier.
Can't see myself cheering for him next year.

Well if you aren't going to cheer for him, then I'm not sure why you bother supporting a team and not just individuals.

Maybe go for the Collingwood Pendleburys, or the Dane Magpies?

Look at how wrong so many people were regarding Tony Armstrong, can't hurt to wait until he plays a game to turn on him.

509417-86db6a08-598c-11e4-815d-4015707a4bc4.jpg

This image made me laugh.

Thought that was Greenwood.

I wanted to vote for his role but it didnt list "taking over from H Lumumba". I doubt that he'll be able to gather the same degree of passion from posters that H managed.

Back