Toast Welcome to Freo Jeremy Sharp - SSP Selection 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Much like our other players seems to have the set shot yips. However when he cruises through the 50 or stops and props about 45m out you just expect it to go through now. :hearteyes:

Yes, Sharp is a good shot on goal from long range and is not scared to take the shot either. He needs to be in charge of teaching the other mids to trust their instincts and have a go at the goals.

He’s been an excellent pickup. Would be doing well in the B&F at this point too in the role he plays.
Love the long kick he has. So refreshing to watch given a lot of our guys struggle to kick it 40m
Also the way he just casually punts a few from the 50 metre arc like it's nothing and hits the middle of the sticks. I never saw Henry or even Acres, Langdon or B. Hill do that! S. Hill deffo.

So it's good to have a winger willing to attack and willing to risk the shot when he thinks it's on. He's already nailed 6 goals and it's his first year, that's not bad as it stands. Not bad at all

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what does he (realistically) need to do add to be in the best couple of wingers in the league?

know this might not be possible given hes probably told to keep his width but would love to see him burst pass for handball receives and carry the ball more like a prime brad hill. Right now hes probably playing more like a langdon with much better footskills which is quite the winger...

what does he (realistically) need to do add to be in the best couple of wingers in the league?

know this might not be possible given hes probably told to keep his width but would love to see him burst pass for handball receives and carry the ball more like a prime brad hill. Right now hes probably playing more like a langdon with much better footskills which is quite the winger...
Probably improve his tackling, he's all hands at times and is brushed off.

I'm with everyone else and loving Sharp but I really hope he can clean up his disposal. Seems to mess up a few very simple passes every week.

I am entirely convinced he is the reason we didn't care that Acres left.

The issue was prioritising JOM over him for 2023.

He's definitely one of the big reasons why Young was pushing Henry to leave (and why Henry initially wanted out at the end of 2022). Colin Young made a few comments leading up to the final day of trade week about Freo wanting Sharp and Henry losing his spot in the 22 because of it.

Also Jackson coming in was why Young was pushing Lobb to leave too.

Colin Young seems very big on players having guaranteed spots in the 22. It's also why he pushed Logue to request a trade when he got dropped after the Geelong game too (Logue made some comments about it after the trade)

He's definitely one of the big reasons why Young was pushing Henry to leave (and why Henry initially wanted out at the end of 2022). Colin Young made a few comments leading up to the final day of trade week about Freo wanting Sharp and Henry losing his spot in the 22 because of it.

Also Jackson coming in was why Young was pushing Lobb to leave too.

Colin Young seems very big on players having guaranteed spots in the 22. It's also why he pushed Logue to request a trade when he got dropped after the Geelong game too (Logue made some comments about it after the trade)
Argument falls over pretty fast when you realise he moved Lobb to the dogs

Argument falls over pretty fast when you realise he moved Lobb to the dogs

I mean I'm literally going off Colin Young quotes, and him saying there wasn't a spot for Lobb with Jackson coming in. Dogs was a weird choice but there was a spot for Lobb there until they decided that they had enough talls and Darcy would play over him

I've always been confused as to why Melbourne didn't try to facilitate a deal for him as part of the Jackson trade

I mean I'm literally going off Colin Young quotes, and him saying there wasn't a spot for Lobb with Jackson coming in. Dogs was a weird choice but there was a spot for Lobb there until they decided that they had enough talls and Darcy would play over him

I've always been confused as to why Melbourne didn't try to facilitate a deal for him as part of the Jackson trade
But Darcy was always going to play over Lobb. If not in 2023 then at least from 2024 onwards. Makes no sense for them to give Lobb 4 years, and for him to go there if he wanted game time. Unless they all anticipated English requesting a trade?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back