Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn : MSD Pick 12, Brandon Ryan, debuts!

Remove this Banner Ad

He's a gangly looking weird unit. His side and mobility put a few Saints defenders into panic stations.

Probably should have had a few push in the back frees. He would have had them if he was a bigger name.

Looks like a natural forward to me, leads well and has good hands.

I don't mind his gangly build, all those arms and legs give him reach that is difficult to counter.

What will be interesting to me is how much muscle he can put on in a full preseason in a professional environment.

At 25 he should be a peak age to build muscle mass.

He is our version of mason cox. Tall and gangly is ok

He was solid, he's just knows how to take marks inside 50.

We're hunting that second tall target, and we've got to reserve judgement, but I will say that it's nice to have a player who looks like he could be that main man if Lewis went down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is definitely a keeper. I was at the game sitting 6 rows from the front behind the goals.
I got to see a lot of him up close. Didn't look out of sorts at all and he looked threatening with his long arms and long reach.

He should keep his spot on the team for the remainder of the season.

Showed more than our other contenders for no.2 KPF off 0 pre seasons.

Robbed of a second goal. Could be handy, even as a back up, going forward.

He didnt seem to celebrate. I think Brockman was actually robbed because neither foot touched it.

For a tall forward in his 1st game with no pre season I liked what I saw.

I especially liked that he was watching Lewis to see where he would lead so he didnt get in the way and have a 2nd tall defender easily switch to Lewis.

With a pre season working together we could finally have our 2 tall forwards.

He is a work in progress,he didn’t look overly confident!
He needs to work on his weight improvement so he can use his body more.
He needs to put work into his goal kicking procedure it looked a little rushed or he just needs to go back a little further.He just looked unorganised?
Also needs a big preseason to get his tank up to speed.He looked cooked in the second half !
But you can definitely see a player there just a bit rough around the edges?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He could be our Podsiadly, late bloomer but becomes a solid contributor to an AFL side
Cant quite see Ryan smashing peoples ribs with his knee's...yet.
With a bit more Amon delivery going forward Ryan and Lewis are only going to be of benefit to each other.

Reminds me of this dude from Street Fighter..

5849912316_90f0509639.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back