Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

What we’ve seen in each of the games so far is we can barrage the scoreboard & while restricting the opposition

10 goal streak vs the dees

1.8 vs the pies

8 goals vs the Suns

No one expected 99% of the team to play career worst games

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

First half: 74-13
Second half: 25-47

And a couple of their Second half goals came entirely from our blunders, not them bettering us.

It didn't take Yze that long to pull the right levers and see changes. Look at the team he had compared to their midfield and forward line.

We were completely beaten in the first half, but there were some positive signs that in time there's light at the end of the tunnel. It's not all going to happen this season though.
I re watched the third Q , we certainly tightened up on their midfield but more importantly we got some dash into our game that was absent in first half , we need start like that . Hasn’t been mentioned but I’d like to see baker go back and release rioli into middle , he could really give us something

I re watched the third Q , we certainly tightened up on their midfield but more importantly we got some dash into our game that was absent in first half , we need start like that . Hasn’t been mentioned but I’d like to see baker go back and release rioli into middle , he could really give us something
When Rioli was dashing and taking the game on he carved the opposition, that's the dare we need more of that I think Yze spoke about in preseason.

Maybe the teams still a bit used to the older method and hasn't yet gotten used to the licence that Yze wants to give them?

Unfortunately Yze and the coaches reacted too late to make the changes.
If you watch the praccy Melbourne game we were five goals down in the opening minutes when we started with the three tractors in the midfield. He then puts MRJ, Bolton and Balta in and we kick 10 unanswered goals.
The Pies game he started again with the tractor midfield which they actually performed ok in the first half, but once Collingwood upped the anti they fell to pieces. Yze made no changes to the men in the guts that day
In the game thread I was disappointed bc it looked like they were setting up mini style for the ground zero game and go with the tractor midfield and sure enough they did.
Then came yesterday and the stooges watched a whole half of total obliteration by the Suns before someone twigged in changing the setup back to similar to the Melbourne game. People can say as much as they like that they’re adjusting to the team setup and player’s roles, but these people have been at other clubs before and have knowledge of every player that’s in the competition. They should not only know the weaknesses and strengths of our team , but others. They were simply too late to react and let the game blow out which was pathetic as the Suns are team of flat track bullies , yet they monstered us bc we got our matchups totally wrong. If they set up with the tractor midfield again they will get the same outcome.
I’m still staggered they addressed this problem 15min into a practice match yet they waited for the game to get out of reach in a half of footy.

Last edited:
Unfortunately Yze and the coaches reacted too late to make the changes.
If you watch the praccy Melbourne game we were five goals down in the opening minutes when we started with the three tractors in the midfield. He then puts MRJ, Bolton and Balta in and we kick 10 unanswered goals.
The Pies game he started with again with the tractor midfield which they actually performed ok in the first half, but once Collingwood upped the anti they fell to pieces. Yze made no changes to the men in the guts that day
In the game thread I was disappointed bc it looked like they were setting up mini style for the ground zero game and go with the tractor midfield and sure enough they did.
Then came yesterday and the stooges watched a whole half of total obliteration by the Suns before someone twigged in changing the setup back to similar to the Melbourne game. People can say as much as they like that they’re adjusting to the team setup and player’s roles, but these people have been at other clubs before and have knowledge of every player that’s in the competition. They should not only know the weaknesses and strengths of our team , but others. They were simply too late to act and let the game blow out which was pathetic as the Suns are team of flat track bullies , yet they monstered us bc we got our matchups totally wrong. If they set up with the tractor midfield again they will get the same outcome.
I’m still staggered they addressed this problem 15min into a practice match yet they waited for the game to get out of reach in a half of footy.
Yep spot on , ive prev said you can’t have more than two of the one pacers in the middle at one time , I’ve revised that to no more than one at at a time . Honestly our blokes looked like super rules players
The sec half was a very good contrast
If you listen closely the commentary were gobbling ea other off that with 12m i50 in1q they were on record pace , while we had 2
Well over next 3q they added 6 while we added 9 , so a clear indication that the bruise free footy we were playing stopped. Lord help us if we were playing gws , they would have kicked the ton in same time

I don't care which player releases when he goes back to the backline...the backline is where he ought to stay!

When Rioli was dashing and taking the game on he carved the opposition, that's the dare we need more of that I think Yze spoke about in preseason.

Maybe the teams still a bit used to the older method and hasn't yet gotten used to the licence that Yze wants to give them?
One game under Ooze is not going to change anything...needs some smart evaluation and change...dare I say it...transition time!

I don't care which player releases when he goes back to the backline...the backline is where he ought to stay!
D50 is where bakes has consistently made a diff in that little general role , he’s had fleeting success elsewhere but nothing sustained

definitely need more pace in the middle

I want Yze to make a selection statement.
Grimes would be perfect one to make that statement no longer captain.

We have Tom Brown & James Trezise two like for like players.
We are well past being loyal to underperforming players.

Broad is the one. He was awful. He & Vlaustin were the 2 guys we needed to step up with the likes of Grimes, Astbury getting old etc. Vloss stood up, but Broad was a joke. Had 2 of the worst disposals in a row that turned it over for a goal. I would drop Broad first. And Grimes has a month before we just need to have a chat with him tbh.

I actually thought we went with ooze coz he’d back the next gen , I’m still waiting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yze's game plan has seen Kmac, Grimes, Graham, Mansell IN.

Grimes has played like this for 3 years.

I don't blame Grimes for the loss. Young & Gibcus had tough games with Balta fwd.

Midfield balance has been off since TT & JH joined. That midfield needs the changes.

INs of Dusty/Nank/Lynch**/Ross/Tresize be good. But does it take a AFL game to throw out his game plan?

Got a tough first few games.

I actually thought we went with ooze coz he’d back the next gen , I’m still waiting

Was that the narrative? I felt like they went with him as he thought they could still be relevant.

Honestly, i think Yze after 3 failed attempts just learned that...... you tell them what they want to hear to get the job, then worry about the rest later.

Was that the narrative? I felt like they went with him as he thought they could still be relevant.

Honestly, i think Yze after 3 failed attempts just learned that...... you tell them what they want to hear to get the job, then worry about the rest later.
What a ridiculous assumption… Yze has been assistant for 10+ years under some very highly respected coaches who’s spoken glowingly of Yze’s knowledge and coaching skills

Yeah maybe he learnt to interview better too but to say that’s the reason we picked him is *en insulting and such a peanut gallery knee jerk reaction especially after 1 game lol

That’s actually you trying to be relevant and cause drama where their ain’t any.. you’re better than this

Last edited:
What a ridiculous assumption… Yze has been assistant for 10+ years under some very highly respected coaches who’s spoken glowingly of Yze’s knowledge and coaching skills

Yeah maybe he learnt to interview better too but to say that’s the reason we picked him is *en insane and such a peanut gallery knee jerk reaction especially after 1 game lol

That’s actually you trying to be relevant and cause drama where their ain’t any.. you’re better than this

Mate, i can assure you that in life and interviews - you to get to a point where you learn to say what they want to hear VS what you actually think. You cant make the changes you want to make if you don't have your foot in the door, so you do what you must to get the job & then make the changes you know you need to make when your in charge & the how and why have proven themselves.

It was not slant on Yze. Its what you 100% should do when you want a job & you think the person interviewing you has unrealistic expectations. You get in, and then show that the person pushing these expectations is the problem, not your ideas.

This team is in no place to compete for the finals. It was obvious last year & going to be more obvious this year. It is about a 70% total rebuild required IMO, meaning around 70% of the players we have on the list now will be gone by the time we are genuinely competing for a flag again (ie making Prelims etc)

Broad is the one. He was awful. He & Vlaustin were the 2 guys we needed to step up with the likes of Grimes, Astbury getting old etc. Vloss stood up, but Broad was a joke. Had 2 of the worst disposals in a row that turned it over for a goal. I would drop Broad first. And Grimes has a month before we just need to have a chat with him tbh.
I’d go other way around broad sec half was solid apart from
That brain fade on the line

We need to back him and he needs time. In saying that he can't fall in the same trap as previous coaches playing senior blokes letting us down. Get the kids in and balance right.

Pretty easy to say that as he wouldn't want us to play like in the first half. The game plan gets thrown out of the window pretty well if your midfield is being torched. He needs the right players to be able to execute the game plan and he basically shot himself in the foot at the selection table. There are 6 players named yesterday that struggle at the level now and we will continue to be in rescue mode in games if he keeps backing them in.
This .. all for getting games into young players but a couple from last week will be delisted this time next year..

I'm not looking for him to be the game's best coach on debut, I thought there were some good signs in the adaptability and making good changes to get a response. His next challenge is he needs to get us to come out in the game ready to play, and not miss the starting gun by a half.

I’ve mentioned this repeatedly over the last three years including recently with Bolton and here we have it again on the weekend.

I’m tired of the petulance and lack of leadership from senior decorated players. I’m so disappointed that a change of coach - a fresh start - hasn’t changed things.

We don’t see this lack of professionalism from the younger players. Hopefully they see it and are determined to forge a new culture rather than be influenced by the jaded comfortable old guys. I only hope that Adem is as annoyed as me and lays down the law. I’m tired of the entitlement. No one should expect to be gifted games and no one should be selected if they are not providing leadership.

I'm sure he and the MC identified a lot of problems. What does he do in response? Does he drop the under-performers right away or does he give them another go? Did they identify structure issues that are relatively easy to fix. He has got a long list of blokes to look at during the season before he can start making any informed list decisions.

I’d go other way around broad sec half was solid apart from
That brain fade on the line

There is no statement in dropping Grimes. Its actually insulting to drop him the round after taking the captaincy off him. Would be a pretty insulting move from a new coach, to a genuine great/former captain of the club. Broad on the other hand, is still mean to be at the tail end of his peak age. He should 100% be outplaying Grimes, every week. I'd drop Broad as the statement is very clear, with Grimes it has too many other factors and would be confusing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back