Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Right and how many games have we played so far?

Yze said he wouldn't change the game plan much. Spoke about the corridor to use it more. Haven't really seen it, well glimpses in praccy games. Only Rioli really took the game on.

You cannot compare GWS. They never played our game plan. Kingsley brought it over and they trained it over the preseason and took the players about half a dozen games before it clicked. Admittedly they are younger, more skilful and took to the new game plan like a sponge.

Our boys should have no problems adjusting to tweaks to the game plan.

Poor Foot skills can unravel a game plan if the pressure isn't there which can obviously mask it. Remember when Hardwick said to Gerard Healy id rather someone who tackles over skills. That's true when you have 18 players putting on frenetic pressure which our team were the masters of throughout 2017-2020 and resulted in 3 flags. Pressure is king.

Our 3rd qtr if we bring that to the Carltonians then anything is possible. The backline is a worry though with Gibcus and young still inexperienced with Balta moved to the fwd line.

Midfield needs pace in there from the start. Cannot go with Taranto, hopper, Prestia they just dont possess breakaway speed.

I grabbed a snippet below from one of my posts today regarding the midfield mix.

Starting midfield should be Taranto, Dusty, and Bolton. 2nd midline consists of Hopper, Dow/ McAuliffe and Ross/Prestia.
Must have some injection of speed in the mix. Baker to half back. Graham, I'm not sure where he fits.

I have trust in Yze really like him but as supporters I guess we scrutinise more than anyone when it comes to your own team.

Last edited:
I'm sure he and the MC identified a lot of problems. What does he do in response? Does he drop the under-performers right away or does he give them another go? Did they identify structure issues that are relatively easy to fix. He has got a long list of blokes to look at during the season before he can start making any informed list decisions.

In the preseason games they looked at Plan A.

No Martin Lynch & Nank, Kosi & Ryan, Naism was a look at Plan B. 2nd half of Ground zero Plan C. One less tall, did produce one great qtr of football. Couldn't keep it going in the last.

But losing the game in the middle puts pressure on the backline. Gibcus and Young had tough days.

Our smalls are kicking goals, not much out of the talls.

The midfield group has been playing together for over a year...

I guess Dow is first OUT.

regardless of how nice a bloke Ooze is...he just is not going to do it all by hisself!
Rookie coach surrounded by the detritus of the last coaching Dept! Admin! Recruitment!
Needs to stamp his mark early and stick to it...it will be lonely...with a few new coaches!
Club whilst not in disarray with all the hot shot departures and possible imminent ones...will prolly soon remind Ooze of his previous home! Very familiar territory! RFC is in transition whether we all like it or not...its being forced upon us all by outside pressures!
Its on all these shifting Teutonic Plates that Ooze has to build a solid stable Footy Team.
Good luck!

Midfield needs pace in there from the start. Cannot go with Taranto, hopper, Prestia they just dont possess breakaway speed.
And the filth do?? I’d hardly call Cerra, Cripps and Hewett players with breakaway speed. Or any of their other players that rotate through there.
This fixation many have about having to have breakaway pace in there is flawed imo. First and foremost, you have to win possession of the footy and get it going forward as a result. Yes, looks great when someone with pace dashes from the centre, but it doesn’t happen all that often. Dusty has done it so many times for us, but he ain’t fast at all, nor were Cotchin and Shedda.
Win the footy first and foremost and play to a system to get it going forward to the right area in the F50. We’ve played one game so far and we need to at least wait a few weeks before saying our midfield setup is a failure. Having Martin and Nank back can only help.

And the filth do?? I’d hardly call Cerra, Cripps and Hewett players with breakaway speed. Or any of their other players that rotate through there.
This fixation many have about having to have breakaway pace in there is flawed imo. First and foremost, you have to win possession of the footy and get it going forward as a result. Yes, looks great when someone with pace dashes from the centre, but it doesn’t happen all that often. Dusty has done it so many times for us, but he ain’t fast at all, nor were Cotchin and Shedda.
Win the footy first and foremost and play to a system to get it going forward to the right area in the F50. We’ve played one game so far and we need to at least wait a few weeks before saying our midfield setup is a failure. Having Martin and Nank back can only help.
I think you have uncovered a very good point here. In the midfield you need to have at least 1 of two traits to win the effective clearance;
  1. Break away/Explosive Pace to exit the stoppage
  2. Composure to not just hack it out of there forward
We lack both of these traits with a majority of our starting line up. What is worse we are also shithouse when it comes to putting on the pressure so other teams can just waltz the ball out of the stoppage.

Surprisingly Cripps has some breakaway speed not bolton or kosy pickett like but he moves well for a big bloke.
Dusty has the strength and smarts to get away from a pack.
That's the thing we aint winning first possession more times than not.

And, im not saying we need every player with speed, pretty sure I articulated myself well enough in that we need at least one in there hence my midfield mix of contested beasts and speed.

Starting midfield should be Taranto, Dusty, and Bolton. 2nd midline consists of Hopper, Dow/ McAuliffe and Ross/Prestia.
Or Taranto, Dusty, and Prestia/Dow. 2nd mid rotation> Hopper, Bolton, McAuliffe/Ross

I think you have uncovered a very good point here. In the midfield you need to have at least 1 of two traits to win the effective clearance;
  1. Break away/Explosive Pace to exit the stoppage
  2. Composure to not just hack it out of there forward
We lack both of these traits with a majority of our starting line up. What is worse we are also shithouse when it comes to putting on the pressure so other teams can just waltz the ball out of the stoppage.
We weren’t always s**t at pressure that was something I hadn’t seen since 2016, we lack versatility in the midfield
Sooner than later the starting locks should be sonsie and Ross and sand Rioli , even mrj and im
Serious ,,,, deadly serious
If we want to lose every week on a hiding just continue as is

Remember your trademark statement ooze about living in the past ,,, believe my friend ,,, drop 4 clapped out senior players from sat and begin in earnest
Which clapped out senior players would you drop?

Grimes , macca , Pickett, broad , more likely tho , koz and Ryan
And they're not even clapped out yet. Nor are they regular senior players.

The clapped out senior players cannot be dropped. I think we're all forgetting that.

We weren’t always s**t at pressure that was something I hadn’t seen since 2016, we lack versatility in the midfield
Sooner than later the starting locks should be sonsie and Ross and sand Rioli , even mrj and im
Serious ,,,, deadly serious
If we want to lose every week on a hiding just continue as is
Very true, that first half level of effort was very 2016.

And they're not even clapped out yet. Nor are they regular senior players.

The clapped out senior players cannot be dropped. I think we're all forgetting that.
I gotta admit I was gaggin on my curried egg and lettuce sandwich when I heard that ooze wished to remove the relics of our premiership era from the players meeting room , FF a few weeks and now his greatest challenge is to remove some of those relics from the team sheet . Power to you ooze

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FF a few weeks and now his greatest challenge is to remove some of those relics from the team sheet .
Which appears to be a much more difficult task.

How obvious must it be if even Karen Cornes notices it.

I gotta admit I was gaggin on my curried egg and lettuce sandwich when I heard that ooze wished to remove the relics of our premiership era from the players meeting room , FF a few weeks and now his greatest challenge is to remove some of those relics from the team sheet . Power to you ooze
He was right to remove the images of premiership era.

Some of the experienced players are too casual and undiscipline on field

He was right to remove the images of premiership era.

Some of the experienced players are too casual and undiscipline on field
They have been like that since the start of 2021.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back