Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Very different approach to Hardwick.

Yze is very focused on match day, good coach. Looking forward to see how the team develops especially when he's involved with recruitment
Said to someone else this morning, I think Dimma is the better relationships coach, but Yze looks the better matchday coach.

Super right...
Player management is so important...
One eye on the Team and one eye on the kids...
Its a fine balance not to get get smashed in Team Selections during the playing Season...before the Finals even begin!
Even Dimma ran out of sausage cooking recipes!

I also think we as fans wrongly assume that the best way to develop young players is by exposing them many times and oft at AFL level.

For some that may be the case, for others maybe not. If they’re not ready especially physically, it can do damage to confidence etc. which can impede development.

As an example, is it better this early in the season for McAuliffe’s development to be the fifth midfielder at AFL level or the first midfielder at VFL level? I don’t know the answer, but the point is the question needs to be asked and an answer not assumed.

Agree with those that say Yze’s been impressive so far. Makes good changes, coaches well on matchday, and has us playing a great brand of direct footy.

With our current brand, it doesn’t take much for us to kick many goals in a row. We kicked something like 11 goals in a row against Melbourne in the preseason game and kicked 7 in a row against Gold Coast to trail by as little as 4 goals. Could’ve done something similar to Collingwood too with the amount of inside 50s and scoring shots we had at the beginning of the game.

So much better than last year’s gamestyle IMO. I can’t wait to see what happens when everything clicks.

I'm happy so far with Yze. I think given time for our new group to gel and flesh out the gameplan, we will be fine. Maybe not this year but next year; watch out. The tigers are coming.

Noticed this as well. Grabbed a jumper and got them all in close. Love his passion. Spoke really well after the game too.
Was very impressed with his press conference. Every opportunity talked up our performance and the players. He will end up a very good coach.

I think we're on a winner with him. Poor selections in round zero but that's a mulligan.

Absolutely loved that he looked so hurt after the final siren. He looked devastated.

Pretty sure he'd be seething with the umps atrocious performance
Yup the old left eye was showing the worst for wear...super stressed out...but still able to be positive, courteous and smile!
Not a bad effort and continuing coaching debut...answering each journo's question politely albeit a little soft voiced!
Prolly getting heaps of support from his old coach in Balmey!
And still smiles still more than Balta!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just listened to the Adam Yze interview (re: The Run Home Podcast), was super impressive- articulates well, good analysis skills, great insights into what happens match day in the coaches box, pre game lead up & post match reviews - very happy to have Adam Yze as our coach, leading our great club going forward 😀

Go Tigers…Eat Em Alive

3 rounds in and we rank 18th for disposals (who cares) but also 18th for disposal efficiency and 15th for kicking efficiency, yet we kick the ball more than 14 other teams.

If we're going to kick more as a game plan, we need to bring in guys that can kick and drop the ones that can't. I'll excuse the inside mids as not many inside midfielders have a high kick efficiency % for obvious reasons, plus Nank who is a beast, and I'll excuse any youngsters (Seth Campbell surprisingly has a shocking kicking efficiency, barely better than TT).

The two blokes that stick out like dogs balls who have had 20+ kicks are Pickett (55% by foot) and McIntosh (65% BUT nearly 90% of his possessions are uncontested). It's just not good enough. They are both in the top handful for clangers too. Make the call Yze. Play two wingers that can kick the ball, because the good no longer outweighs the bad of these two guys. McAuliffe and Sonsie also have to come in ASAP too.

Was impressed with his press conference ... giving players continuity in position they perform ... last week with Balta ... this week with Ross ... prepared to make the call in his presser that he will play there again next week gives a player confidence ... loved the way he acknowledged Brown's game too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back