Universal Love Welcome to Richmond Adem Yze

Remove this Banner Ad

Being a good communicator is only one requirement of being a good coach. He hasn’t really done anything yet that’s impressed me. If Kmac , Pickett ( should be sub only) and Grimes are still trotting around instead of kmac2 and Sonsie and spuds like LeFau are getting games over Cumberland then his identification and recognition of individual player talent is limited. He has only played kids bc of injuries and I was turned off him when he had Ross sub in ground zero. It’s like mini and Dimma never left. His really decent move was he recognised Kosi wasn’t afl standard, but again it was late as it was obvious in the practice games. I can’t see him lasting and Newman will take over in two years time once the boys club retire .

He inherited the list of a team that finished 13th and was in decline.
Dusty, Lynch, Prestia, Nank, Broad, Pickett, McIntosh, Grimes all in decline.
Short, Rioli, Baker, Balta, Bolton, Taranto, Hopper, vlaustin, already at their peak.
The rest apart from Ross are not even lock in for best 22. Yze not going to create any miracles with that and objectively my concern is that given the loss of the first 8 in next 2 years we are going nowhere for 5 years at least. What have I missed? Maybe we just accept it.

Being a good communicator is only one requirement of being a good coach. He hasn’t really done anything yet that’s impressed me. If Kmac , Pickett ( should be sub only) and Grimes are still trotting around instead of kmac2 and Sonsie and spuds like LeFau are getting games over Cumberland then his identification and recognition of individual player talent is limited. He has only played kids bc of injuries and I was turned off him when he had Ross sub in ground zero. It’s like mini and Dimma never left. His really decent move was he recognised Kosi wasn’t afl standard, but again it was late as it was obvious in the practice games. I can’t see him lasting and Newman will take over in two years time once the boys club retire .
Laughable when Dimma lost 10 in a row. Finals was not on the table give the guy a chance. GC a side we lost to 2 sides that will be close to top4 likewise with Sydney.

He inherited the list of a team that finished 13th and was in decline.
Dusty, Lynch, Prestia, Nank, Broad, Pickett, McIntosh, Grimes all in decline.
Short, Rioli, Baker, Balta, Bolton, Taranto, Hopper, vlaustin, already at their peak.
The rest apart from Ross are not even lock in for best 22. Yze not going to create any miracles with that and objectively my concern is that given the loss of the first 8 in next 2 years we are going nowhere for 5 years at least. What have I missed? Maybe we just accept it.
Add JGTI to that list and he would’ve played round one instead of Ross had he been fit to play. I don’t give a fxxk about winning atm , but pumping games into kids so we can see where they are it and if they will make it . If they can’t then the y get moved on and new additions come along. The reality is in your own admission we’re doomed with all those old blokes so what benefits are there in playing them? This is why I’m not happy with Yze bc he’s still stuck in the past and injuries have forced him to make some changes otherwise his recognition of player talent and rewarding in form players has been abysmal. People were screaming out for weeks to play kmac2 and he’s wasted getting 30 possessions in the twos when we needed him on Saturday against PA strong midfield. Sonsie also looked good in the practice games and he was ignored. Cumberland has added a defensive element to his game and has been doing the team thing and is ignored for some one trick pony cowboy footballer who has been on the list for just over a month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't like his starting point being the 22 from last year all through training. The game day changes have been impressive. Round 0 & 1. Having a look at Ryan, Kosi & Naismith for one game. He's used Banks, Campbell, Gibcus so some kids

Plugging up defence with no Gibcus & Young losing by 5 points.

Round 2 ...Hopper, Broad and MRJ late OUTs.

extra degree of difficulty there. competitive for 3 qtrs.

Also got Lynch form, fitness and Dusty quiet for a half.

Upside is Kmac 2 and Sonz played well. Ditto Hugo and Noah C. Suns VFL flag winners last year but looked horrible.

I assume he will bring MRJ, Young and Broad straight IN. and KMac2 maybe

Last edited:
It’s not about winning as that’s being narrow minded and short sighted.
A new coach and coaching team some what. They deserve the right to look fully over the list. Then can make changes come seasons end. To say he won’t last is way to early to call.

Enjoying the attacking side of our game, our defensive side of the game needs work (putting Balta back helps that)

We’re certainly Playing better footy than we did last year which is a good

More positives than negatives imo
I think that keeping Balta in one place would be good but we need to defend the transition better. If we do that then Young, Brown, Grimes. Miller and all that have a better chance of actually being in a good defensive spot.

The biggest thing is that we just need to start getting back on the pressure scale

Add JGTI to that list and he would’ve played round one instead of Ross had he been fit to play. I don’t give a fxxk about winning atm , but pumping games into kids so we can see where they are it and if they will make it . If they can’t then the y get moved on and new additions come along. The reality is in your own admission we’re doomed with all those old blokes so what benefits are there in playing them? This is why I’m not happy with Yze bc he’s still stuck in the past and injuries have forced him to make some changes otherwise his recognition of player talent and rewarding in form players has been abysmal. People were screaming out for weeks to play kmac2 and he’s wasted getting 30 possessions in the twos when we needed him on Saturday against PA strong midfield. Sonsie also looked good in the practice games and he was ignored. Cumberland has added a defensive element to his game and has been doing the team thing and is ignored for some one trick pony cowboy footballer who has been on the list for just over a month.
TI I don’t disagree with you that Yze should play the kids more. The ongoing selection of some of the ones in decline is bad decision making. My post was more about where the list is at and what our expectations should be.

Far too early to judge him, new coaches need time both with their list and also just getting their feet under the desk as the main man.

Besides, if you want to look at things honestly, I'm sure most of us probably felt like we'd be 0-3 right now anyway. Yes we've looked pretty bad in patches in those games, but I just think that's all part of the learning process when you're a team in a transition phase.

Round 0 against the Gold Campaigners was poor no doubt, but we led the Blues and Power for reasonable amounts of time, who are both considered top 4 or thereabouts.

Unfortunately I think there's still a bit of pain ahead given the Swans are absolutely cooking at the moment though, so the frustration is probably only going to increase until we can crack that first win.

All the signs are good.
We are starting to see the kids filter into the side more and more even if it's just through circumstance.

Circumstance breeds opportunity.

I'm having some really good vibes about Yze. I always value a good game day coach over anything else and he is certainly showing that so far.

Impressive 4 quarter performance.

We've produced good football at times so far. but to counter a comeback from Sydney was amazing. I can't remember a better game.

To see A fit and firing Lynch was a relief to me. Campbell, Mansell & MRJ's forward pressure was insane and hit the scoreboard.

Le Fau did enough, Dow justified his selection, Sonsie not a bad reintroduction to AFL footy.

it would Be sad to lose Baker from the club. .Toby Greene like importance.

Bolton is the reason you go to the footy.

The 4 tall back mix was well balanced. Kmac seems to be drifting back these last few weeks. Picket, I love and he had less clangers.

Saints game is now winnable....how do we back it up?

Will he have the balls to play the kids once all the old timers are fit is my concern. I hope he’s learnt that he has to play his best 22 . I’m still not doing any back slapping yet until we get a full list back. He was forced to make changes bc injuries and not bc of talent available. Well done for his first win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back